Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Colostomy Bag posted:

How are you handling version control with Solar Plebian?

I'd like to contribute.

Awesome! For source control, I'm trying out the Git/BitBucket/SourceTree flow described here:

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/cloud-build/creating-your-first-source-control-repository

It relies on Unity Cloud Build, which is only available with a Unity Pro account. I can add pro accounts to mine if you don't have one, we can chat about that depending on how deep you wanna go into this thing.

PM me and we can get real, like Johnny Hammersticks, Hammerin' away like he's...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Just noticed catching up: is :fuzzknot: the first probation of this thread? That's brutal to be cast out when the odometer is about to roll over to 2000 that's a moment we will all treasure. When our loved ones ask where we were during the defining moment of our time we can smile and point to the Oldman-head airhorn on our wall

Beet Wagon posted:

Request approved. I'll make him do something dumb tomorrow and take some pictures.

Bless you, ocean loving dog-haver. Thanks to you I badly want an Aussie (and a Great Dane thanks to this thread)

Solarin fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Feb 17, 2016

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Galarox posted:

The Persistence of Idiocy, by Parpador Dali

Amazing. :stare:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Pretty sure I know which poster is Tommy.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Actually that's Erris.

Not that it matters, since they're the same INNside.

FTFY

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Solarin posted:

Just noticed catching up: is :fuzzknot: the first probation of this thread? That's brutal to be cast out when the odometer is about to roll over to 2000 that's a moment we will all treasure. When our loved ones ask where we were during the defining moment of our time we can smile and point to the Oldman-head airhorn on our wall

Not even close, seraph has been banned at least a dozen times.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

wow I wish I had skipped the last 5 pages.
seriously shutup and maybe talk about the game again please

Perhaps we should make a separate SC thread for talking about SC, and then this thread can be another general chat thread

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
I have created another piece for the museum.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Booourns posted:

talking about SC

there's not much left to say about SC after the weekly videos drop until the game itself comes out or one of the whales executes themselves on webcam

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Jimb posted:

Not even close, seraph has been banned at least a dozen times.

Oh drat I think I blocked him out because of how generally gross reading his posts felt. That I forgot him completely makes me feel strangely happy though

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

the recent artwork in this thread is fantastic

i feel like a criminal not having paid $500 to see it

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
We should have these in the verse

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

So...

I'll never be on Pgabz's level, but tonight I drank a bunch of bottom shelf bourbon and made you guys this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oth4baAuOA

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

So...

I'll never be on Pgabz's level, but tonight I drank a bunch of bottom shelf bourbon and made you guys this:

god drat i never realised how obtrusive and annoying those footstep noises are

CLOMPCLOMPCLOMPCLOMPCLOMP all round olisar

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Solarin posted:

Oh drat I think I blocked him out because of how generally gross reading his posts felt. That I forgot him completely makes me feel strangely happy though

i don't know if he "counts", per se, but i recall b4tbg getting prob'd at some point. i don't know if it was for something he said in this thread or not though

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Pretty sure I know which poster is Tommy.
He's not being particularly stealthy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
There is nothing to talk about with SC. Nothing has changed for weeks, CIG continues to put out their poo poo shows, and nothing will happen while CIG decides how to best reveal what else to cut.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Has Sandi invented those 3 alien languages yet?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Gawain The Blind posted:

Dear professor Derek Smart MD, I'm looking at the LOD asset DB and I can't find where I buy the drink machine for my APC. I'm sure it's there since this is an AAA game, but I note that it's still in alpha so maybe it's just not available for pre-purchase? I want the chrome-texture model if that makes a difference.

They're in here: http://lodmmo.com/asset/implant-augmentation-chamber/

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

she's adding them to her CV language fluency section right now... once she decides on what their names will be

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Toops posted:

Awesome! For source control, I'm trying out the Git/BitBucket/SourceTree flow described here:

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/cloud-build/creating-your-first-source-control-repository

It relies on Unity Cloud Build, which is only available with a Unity Pro account. I can add pro accounts to mine if you don't have one, we can chat about that depending on how deep you wanna go into this thing.

PM me and we can get real, like Johnny Hammersticks, Hammerin' away like he's...

A generous offer commando.

I'll PM you. Making this post so the masses can see how open development works.

I don't want to be a drain on the licensing terms.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

she's adding them to her CV language fluency section right now... once she decides on what their names will be

Language arts.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

god drat i never realised how obtrusive and annoying those footstep noises are

CLOMPCLOMPCLOMPCLOMPCLOMP all round olisar

Yeah they are really godawful. It's like someone saw a bad science fiction movie and then made a game out of it.

Oh, wait...

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

fuctifino posted:

Has Sandi invented those 3 alien languages yet?

Those are the native tongues of her species, thank you.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

How are you handling version control with Solar Plebian?

I'd like to contribute.

I would also like to contribute. I have no skills of any kind related to game development but I am a huge fan of all of your guys works and am really good at telling you that everything is fine.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

There is nothing to talk about with SC. Nothing has changed for weeks, CIG continues to put out their poo poo shows, and nothing will happen while CIG decides how to best reveal what else to cut.

It really is like the reverse brown sea. We assert how poo poo it is while they assume how amazing it will be.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sedisp posted:

I would also like to contribute. I have no skills of any kind related to game development but I am a huge fan of all of your guys works and am really good at telling you that everything is fine.

We do need a community manager

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sedisp posted:

Can you write Stimpire fiction?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Beet Wagon posted:

So...

Those animations were seriously making me ill with the way the camera swings around like a drunken sailor.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beet Wagon posted:

So...

I've been enjoying ED for the past several days and, man, your video really drove home just how janky and miserable SC is.

You should continue to follow your heart and make videos.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I had fun in the 'universe once. I griefed somebody in a constellation outside the armistice zone while I was flying one of the starter ships. They were fighting back but I had all the landing pad crash course training under my belt, so they were summarily destroyed. I wept, because there were no more worlds to conquer, and uninstalled the game.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Colostomy Bag posted:

Can you write Stimpire fiction?

Its Stimfic :)

ThoughtBomb
Nov 9, 2015
The Creation of a Space JPG

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I'm looking forward to seeing how the 2.2 iterations go. There is a lot of, um, imaginative theories about what will be included from the brown sea. For CIG, every passing iteration is another gamble, in the sense that each one draws attention to how slow progress is going. They've promised/not-promised an iteration for every month and people are already getting antsy that there's been no movement yet.

CIG obviously want to get persistence in to 2.2 really badly, because it means more money shooting out of whales collective blowholes, and if they had achieved it than the iterations would probably be happening already. So the question becomes whether its better to poo poo out another iteration with almost no content or start getting in the habit of delaying the patches, for an alpha, that's really a pre-alpha tech-demo, four years into development. :thumbsup:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing how the 2.2 iterations go. There is a lot of, um, imaginative theories about what will be included from the brown sea. For CIG, every passing iteration is another gamble, in the sense that each one draws attention to how slow progress is going. They've promised/not-promised an iteration for every month and people are already getting antsy that there's been no movement yet.

CIG obviously want to get persistence in to 2.2 really badly, because it means more money shooting out of whales collective blowholes, and if they had achieved it than the iterations would probably be happening already. So the question becomes whether its better to poo poo out another iteration with almost no content or start getting in the habit of delaying the patches, for an alpha, that's really a pre-alpha tech-demo, four years into development. :thumbsup:

The consequence of CIG's monthly update schedule is that people will be disappointed on a regular basis.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Reading these posts from the SC forums is like talking to a homeless kid who still believes in Santa. Sure, this is gonna be the year he brings your dad back, Tommy.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

So...

I'm still letting it sink in that this is what they call substantial progress.

The cockpit voice makes me angry just watching it. If I were a developer at CIG, that would be the hill I'd die (or be fired) on - the way the voice is implemented now is just tacky loving garbage that adds nothing. I'm guessing you can turn it off, but yeesh.

Kind like 'waking up animations' and the two air locks and blacking out in turns - these things have a stink on them that leads me to believe they are CR's babies and are untouchable.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

duke nukem forever was in development for 15 years so this is all completely normal and expected you just don't understand game development

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Solarin posted:

Oh god this reminded me of a TCC classic train wreck (also related to a goon death): Phenazepam

Goons acquire large bags of cheap and legal Russian anxiolytic drug with doses in the 1mg range. Terrifying amnesia and self destruction ensues.

Here's a post with some highlights and links to the archived threads

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3637404&pagenumber=3#post435130966

That thread is a gold mine. These stories are killing me. Please tell me that is just some Fear and Loathing fan fiction and not real stories of real people who actually did all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Wait fuzzknot was banned?

• Locked thread