Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Did anyone in here get Little Dragon's Cafe for PS4? Are there loading screens after almost everything you do or is this a Switch feature?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sitting here watching UFC and I randomly thought about some Yakuza 0 ending stuff from last night (Tachibana dying, Makoto dealing with it, her and Majima’s last little connections) and got a little emotional and teary eyed. What a special game. I’m looking forward to this series so much. I’m taking a little break after I do some Premium Adventure time to maybe play The Witcher 3 but I’ll be back sooner than later. :)

Thanks thread for always hyping these games for us western focused gamers. It would be a shame if I never got to play this series.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Sitting here watching UFC and I randomly thought about some Yakuza 0 ending stuff from last night (Tachibana dying, Makoto dealing with it, her and Majima’s last little connections) and got a little emotional and teary eyed. What a special game. I’m looking forward to this series so much. I’m taking a little break after I do some Premium Adventure time to maybe play The Witcher 3 but I’ll be back sooner than later. :)

Thanks thread for always hyping these games for us western focused gamers. It would be a shame if I never got to play this series.

That’s beautiful, dude.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/falldogs/status/1032769082280566784

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The best Fromsoft crow. :allears:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Eileen is such a good character carried by her actor

Jackson Polack
Feb 13, 2018
hell yeah baby the preload for kiwami 2 just popped up

Jackson Polack
Feb 13, 2018
1 day 7 hours 52 minutes and 25 seconds. heh.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I certainly didn't expect the first trial of Danganronpa V3 to end like that. :suspense:. Hell of a recovery after a fairly slow start to getting to the Killing Game proper.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Jackson Polack posted:

1 day 7 hours 52 minutes and 25 seconds. heh.

Says 1d21h for me. What time zone you in?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There's a Dark Souls trilogy box set coming out. I can't imagine anyone here has any need for it and at $80 you could probably just buy the games cheaper ala-carte but hey it's kind of cool that it's a thing I guess.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

honestly i would consider getting it on sale if they put in vanilla DS2. I never played it and I don't feel like buying a PS3 disc.

Or a randomizer, or stat respec in DS1, or cut content, or anything beyond the same 3 loving games...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Smirking_Serpent posted:

honestly i would consider getting it on sale if they put in vanilla DS2. I never played it and I don't feel like buying a PS3 disc.

Or a randomizer, or stat respec in DS1, or cut content, or anything beyond the same 3 loving games...

its a box with a gun in it. the real dark souls starts here

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish they'd done something cooler than just pack them all into a steelbook, but I guess games never do anything like that outside of the initial release.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Well its not even coming out in Europe. Its not really aimed towards people who already own these games.

Jackson Polack
Feb 13, 2018

Steve Yun posted:

Says 1d21h for me. What time zone you in?

Aest

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Morby posted:

So I started Shenmue at maybe 1 this afternoon, took an hour and a half off to eat and watch a movie, then played FFXIV for maybe an hour. Still managed to finish what would have been disc 1 on Dreamcast. I feel like I’m flying through this game.

Disc 1 and 2 absolutely steam by and then 3 makes you forklift for a hundred years. I finished the content from disc 2 in under 3 hours yesterday, and at least 30 minutes of that was save-scumming capsule machines for the 50 toys trophy while I waited for my boat ticket.

Just the forklift race to win and I'll be all set for the platinum :woop:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shenmue is a surprisingly easy platinum since they could have gone full Yakuza on it.

Speaking of, in Kiwami 2 the items that help you find lockers keys etc are just things you have in your inventory now you don't have to equip them anymore *sob*

E: sub story finder is a very cheap life skill *double sob*

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Aug 26, 2018

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

Speaking of, in Kiwami 2 the items that help you find lockers keys etc are just things you have in your inventory now you don't have to equip them anymore *sob*

Oh, fuckin' bless

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Sakurazuka posted:

Shenmue is a surprisingly easy platinum since they could have gone full Yakuza on it.

yeah lol i spent a solid 5 mins trying to figure out how to equip the key finder.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exquisite tea posted:

We’ve come a long way from man pointing gun at camera to man with gun facing away from camera.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Dark Souls is the new Skyrim.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bust Rodd posted:

Eileen is such a good character carried by her actor

HOONTER!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

FOTNS is getting reversible cover art and decals for launch!

So do I have to preorder Ryu Ga Hokuto no Gotoku Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku Ansatsuken to get the good reversible non-shite not gaijin verison?

Also was it this thread that talked about how western cover art on games was awful or a different one?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Dark Souls is the new Skyrim.

I'll believe the switch version of DS is real when I'm playing it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Also was it this thread that talked about how western cover art on games was awful or a different one?

Not Western, just American.

e: Also I know this isn't actually representative but it still made me COL:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
If I was Yakuza-curious, but unsure if it was my type of game, would I be better off trying Zero or Kiwami? Both are fairly cheap at the moment, so I thought I might give one a try.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Gravy Jones posted:

If I was Yakuza-curious, but unsure if it was my type of game, would I be better off trying Zero or Kiwami? Both are fairly cheap at the moment, so I thought I might give one a try.

Zero, it introduces the characters better (for my money anyway) and is a more fleshed out game with more to do. Kiwami is still very good, but you have to allow for it being a remake of a PS2 game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jerry Cotton posted:

Not Western, just American.

e: Also I know this isn't actually representative but it still made me COL:

Edit: this is the best one

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gravy Jones posted:

Zero 100%. Not only is it the better of the two, Kiwami in many ways functions as a sequel to 0 despite being a remake of the first game.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
:cool: I'll grab Zero, thanks.

I was planning on playing Octopath Traveller, but boy did I fall off that game quickly. I find everything about it exceedingly annoying. Thankfully it was a rental.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The only way this could be better is if Yorda's face was replaced by 2Pac.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

We got the good post-modern-art ICO cover in the PAL regions. Also that golf girl got buff as hell on the US cover.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

veni veni veni posted:

I wish they'd done something cooler than just pack them all into a steelbook, but I guess games never do anything like that outside of the initial release.

They do in Japan. Every dark souls got a re-release with the dlc included, soundtrack, map, a sleek outer case and a little hint book.

Japan gets all the coolest stuff.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gravy Jones posted:

0 is a strong Walking Dead intro compared to later seasons repetitive nature. Also, if you can run it on your PC do that and then refund it if it doesn't seem like your jam.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

He's playing with a hell of a handicap.

Also, Ausgoons, if you're feeling especially bad with money and like Persona games, EB Games has the limited-edition Persona Dancing: Endless Night Collection of all three Persona rhythm games up for preorder at a hefty $170AUD. It releases in December, along with regular versions of the Persona 3 and Persona 5 rhythm games.

revolther
May 27, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

The only way this could be better is if Yorda's face was replaced by 2Pac.
The one mothafucka that didn't understand the 7 Day Theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Steve Yun posted:

Things removed from Yakuza 2 in Kiwami 2:

- apparently there was a second Osaka location (Shinseicho) in Y2 that’s not in K2, events that happened in it moved around

- 2 chapters may or may not have been removed or shuffled around, and replaced with 3 new chapters?

- no bowling

- no pool

several pages late, but

what??? why??? what is with this incessant need to cut and paste and gently caress with the stories of these games? majima in Kiwami 1 was bad enough!