Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

oh my goooddddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I keep dying against Orphan solo but I feel like at this point I'm so close to beating it I have to beat it solo, doing Whirligig with 35 STR 32 VIT 31 END or something like that

got it to like 5% HP twice. Tried a beast pellet once and it was a huge failure after building up the meter and dying in a hit

I have no idea how I'm gonna go back to DS3 after this, I tried DS1 again just to compare and oh my god it's slow. Also unless I'm remembering wrong rolling had less invincibility in DS so going shieldless is actually a bit harder?

Yeah speaking of Orphan I turned the volume down because WAAAOW WAAAOR WAOROO was getting old

i still can't beat orphan's second form. it's killing me because I've gotten so close

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

This is incredible. gently caress I love Souls.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

it's amazing how much more DS3 discussion and positivity is in this thread than in the goddamned DS3 thread

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the more i learn about dark souls 3 the more i need it. i spent the bulk of yesterday watching people pick apart the network test

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

SciFiDownBeat posted:

it's amazing how much more DS3 discussion and positivity is in this thread than in the goddamned DS3 thread

Welcome to Games

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I havent been this hyped for a game since, well, bloodborne

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Gameplay of ds3 looks really loving good. It's hard to explain.

I remember halo reach footage looking insanely good next to halo 3. That's how ds3 feels.

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

I thought they functioned pretty similar. Tbh I've never actually seen footage of the game, just what people have said about it

its not as dramatic a difference as transformation is, it's more like a couple extra moves. it still looks sweet though

Dec 26, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

I havent been this hyped for a game since, well, bloodborne

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

i feel you. i could happily go the rest of my life without hearing another person complain about a game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SciFiDownBeat posted:

that thread is loving insane

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
A little motif in the opening cinematic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKk6XqcmB4Q roughly 1:30-1:35

that isn't used until Living Failures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_8t5ay0-YU

Game is Good.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

tumor looking batty posted:

i still can't beat orphan's second form. it's killing me because I've gotten so close

Update:

Yesterday I had 1 hour of VideoGame Time and I used it all trying to beat Orphan and I did not beat orphan

Honestly I'm having fun though. I'm geting better at the fight and I get backstabs on him regularly now in phase 1, phase 2 just seems random whether I do well or not.

I tried using Whirligig +10 for most of my tries, got him down really low a couple of times. Tonitrus doesn't do enough damage to him. I got so frustrated with Whirligig I bought a bloodstone and went and made +10 Saw Cleaver, the quick attacks are nice but I didn't realize how much I was relying on the occasional Whirligig staggering him. I tried beast blood pellets for a bit but it just means when I gently caress up a dodge I die instantly which is reaaaaally frustrating in phase 2 when he attacks everywhere at the same time.

Normally I'd go to something else but I have nothing left to do in NG besides: Get Rakuyo (no thx), beat Laurence, beat Orphan. I tried Laurence for a bit and I'd rather fight Orphan.

It's getting to the point where I think I'm gonna go grind souls for a while and get more VIT. I guess people complained the main game was too easy and that's why the DLC is like this but I just bought the game recently.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
In what order should I do stuff in Scholar of the first sin if I want to see "everything?"

Will this endgame order work:

Throne Watcher + Defender (for the moonlight sword quest guy)
Dragon Aerie+shrine
Talk to Vendrick
Giant memories
DLC 1, 2, 3
Talk to Vendrick
Beat Vendrick
Nashandra
New boss

??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can't do throne watcher defender until after you do all the Giants memories for the Vendrick debuffs but other than that it will work

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Foxhound posted:

In what order should I do stuff in Scholar of the first sin if I want to see "everything?"

Will this endgame order work:

Throne Watcher + Defender (for the moonlight sword quest guy)
Dragon Aerie+shrine
Talk to Vendrick
Giant memories
DLC 1, 2, 3
Talk to Vendrick
Beat Vendrick
Nashandra
New boss

??

nothing else is missable, but make sure u beat vendrick before u light all the primal bonfires if you want the new last boss.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

In Training posted:

You can't do throne watcher defender until after you do all the Giants memories for the Vendrick debuffs but other than that it will work

Huh? Did they move Vendrick to the throne fight or something?

I.N.R.I posted:

nothing else is missable, but make sure u beat vendrick before u light all the primal bonfires if you want the new last boss.

Well I screwed that up, but how can you fight Vendrick before lighting the bonfires though? Did they change his defense vs giant souls?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Foxhound posted:

Well I screwed that up, but how can you fight Vendrick before lighting the bonfires though? Did they change his defense vs giant souls?

err, hang on, i might have got that wrong. my bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Foxhound posted:

No but I thought the memories closed once you did the one that lets you go to the throne room

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

In Training posted:

No but I thought the memories closed once you did the one that lets you go to the throne room

They didn't use to, maybe they do in Sotfs? The way I'm thinking is: Do W&D for the last Benhart(the guy with the fake moonlight sword) fight so I can get his gear and trophy in the giant memory, then do the DLC so I can get the crowns and talk to Vendrick with them, then kill Vendrick for the trophy (I think there is one), then kill Nashandra and then the new boss which I'm told you need to kill Vendrick to spawn.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Foxhound posted:

They didn't use to, maybe they do in Sotfs? The way I'm thinking is: Do W&D for the last Benhart(the guy with the fake moonlight sword) fight so I can get his gear and trophy in the giant memory, then do the DLC so I can get the crowns and talk to Vendrick with them, then kill Vendrick for the trophy (I think there is one), then kill Nashandra and then the new boss which I'm told you need to kill Vendrick to spawn.

If the memories don't close that should totally. I also didn't know you could talk to vendrick, is that new with the DLC?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Yeah apparently if you have the kinship(? the thing the bigass dragon give you) you can talk to him and he gives you the quest to do the dlc's.

edit: Sorry it's the Ashen Mist Heart that the dragon gives you, the giant lord drops the kinship.

Foxhound fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 10, 2016

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

If the memories don't close that should totally. I also didn't know you could talk to vendrick, is that new with the DLC?

you can enter the pile of armour in zombie vendricks room like you would a giant memory

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

you can enter the pile of armour in zombie vendricks room like you would a giant memory

Oh that's awesome, I'm looking forward to it. Didn't know there was a new final boss either, cool. I hope the fight is more interesting than nashandra

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Oh that's awesome, I'm looking forward to it. Didn't know there was a new final boss either, cool. I hope the fight is more interesting than nashandra

its pretty interesting. its not the best fight in the world though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the last time i beat SOTFS i accidentally killed nashandra before finishing out vendrick's questline and had to aescetic and fight all three bosses over again. it wasn't fun.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

throne watcher + defender is a rly cool fight and youre doing yourself a disservice if you phantom for them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

although, if you finished vengarl's quest you can summon him for the fight and he's hilarious

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

summoning Huge Monsters as phantom buddies for bosses makes a comeback in DS3 i hope. man DS2 had a lot of cool poo poo in it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, it really did. you have to admire the sheer amount of gear that's in that game, for instance.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I gave up on orphan and did NG+

I think that's the most difficulty I ever had with s souls game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I gave up on orphan and did NG+

I think that's the most difficulty I ever had with s souls game

ive been infected with severe AIDS reading this...what the gently caress man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

He's not wrong , Orphan is no question the toughest fight in my eyes

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

In Training posted:

He's not wrong , Orphan is no question the toughest fight in my eyes

I actually died more times to Laurence by a large multiple over Orphan :negative:

I just could. not. figure. out. how to kill him in that drat legless form. On the bright side I got REALLY good at running past all the enemies from the first bonfire to that boss room.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tbf I had no clue how to fight the leg less form either, but I would just jump into the fire and hit him, back off and heal and do it again without any strategic thought and that worked

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

The first time I fought him and even did the dlc was in ng+. It was amazing

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I had a much worse time with Laurence over Orphan in ng+2. I can see it being a really fun fight, even with the delayed fire hit boxes, but he hit me so hard.

Like I had 1200 hp and he hit me for 700-900 an attack.

You could totally dance in and out of his three hit swipe too. He hits wide, close, wide, every time. But when your margin of error is 1 hit its too brutal.

I don't know if I'll skip him in ng+3. Maybe not just to see if fighting him three dozen times seared it into my memory.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

throne watcher + defender is a rly cool fight and youre doing yourself a disservice if you phantom for them

Benhart is useless beyond occasionally getting one boss' attention anyway, he's not really a boon in that fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Update:

Yesterday I had 1 hour of VideoGame Time and I used it all trying to beat Orphan and I did not beat orphan

Honestly I'm having fun though. I'm geting better at the fight and I get backstabs on him regularly now in phase 1, phase 2 just seems random whether I do well or not.

I tried using Whirligig +10 for most of my tries, got him down really low a couple of times. Tonitrus doesn't do enough damage to him. I got so frustrated with Whirligig I bought a bloodstone and went and made +10 Saw Cleaver, the quick attacks are nice but I didn't realize how much I was relying on the occasional Whirligig staggering him. I tried beast blood pellets for a bit but it just means when I gently caress up a dodge I die instantly which is reaaaaally frustrating in phase 2 when he attacks everywhere at the same time.

Normally I'd go to something else but I have nothing left to do in NG besides: Get Rakuyo (no thx), beat Laurence, beat Orphan. I tried Laurence for a bit and I'd rather fight Orphan.

It's getting to the point where I think I'm gonna go grind souls for a while and get more VIT. I guess people complained the main game was too easy and that's why the DLC is like this but I just bought the game recently.

Same here bro. I still can't beat his hyper aggressive second form and it's the hardest boss fight I've had. I keep getting super close and then he one shots me from across the map and I have to go farm blood vials