Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Literally The Worst posted:

I just finished chapter four of Dangan Ronpa

:(

I hope you don't expect the ending to make any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mithaldu posted:

I hope you don't expect the ending to make any sense.

Whatever man im busy being sad about my friend computer

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

maybe i should finish danganronpa

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ruggington posted:

maybe i should finish danganronpa

chapter four is really good

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ArtDink is bringing back their weird map creation series with a new Vita game called Neo Atlas 1469.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I can't wait for the new zero escape, that's going to be my vita summer jam.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

numerrik posted:

Last I recall, VLR was really short. Will this game really last the entire summer for any of us?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VLR is a 30+ hour game, that's not really too short.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

In Training posted:

VLR is a 30+ hour game, that's not really too short.

Especially for something that is mostly just story with some puzzles

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

numerrik posted:

same but 3ds

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
my vita jam this summer will be danganronpa 2 and a marathon of the Trails games

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
has xseed said anything about translating the trails games in between TitS and ToCS yet

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I don't think they've publicly released a press release of them furiously weeping at the idea of how long it's going to take to translate them just yet.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Policenaut posted:

I don't think they've publicly released a press release of them furiously weeping at the idea of how long it's going to take to translate them just yet.

fair enough

i saw that they weren't planning on doing a psp release of TitS 3rd and went :( irl

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

fair enough

i saw that they weren't planning on doing a psp release of TitS 3rd and went :( irl

Falcom destroyed all their PSP assets the last time I recall hearing. So, the only way we're going to see an English release of the Crossbell arc is if we get the Zero and Ao Chinese PC ports.

That, or the Vita EVO ports.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want Tokyo Xanadu

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks to the PS4 remaster, you probably will get it!

Whenever XSEED gets around to it, that is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alright, that was easy. How about throw in that N-Gage Xanadu out of morbid curiosity.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training posted:

Alright, that was easy. How about throw in that N-Gage Xanadu out of morbid curiosity.

i don't think it would be a good idea to rerelease the bad version of a game they're releasing the good version of this year, even as a bonus in another good Xanadu game

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

In Training posted:

actually if I'm right that's the same one xseed is releasing on steam this summer. Based on the original pc version obviously though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the n-gage version of xanadu next has a different structure i think but it's also supposed to be really bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

i don't think it would be a good idea to rerelease the bad version of a game they're releasing the good version of this year, even as a bonus in another good Xanadu game

Probably, but preservation is important

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I didn't realize they were doing the work to get that Windows Xanadu to modern PCs. That's awesome, I'll definitely play that.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training posted:

Also I didn't realize they were doing the work to get that Windows Xanadu to modern PCs. That's awesome, I'll definitely play that.

it might not really be that much work to make it run on modern PCs tbh, the game already works fine on windows 10 and has a ridiculously good, complete fan translation. this is just going to be the first time it'll be commercially available in the US, and that's good because Xanadu Next is really loving good

i think the only things you can't do with the existing original japanese release are run it in widescreen or get proper controller support, it only supports 4:3 monitor resolutions so you have to run it in a window and the menus are designed for a mouse so even with the weird controller functionality where it just mimics mouse movement and clicks, you need to use the cursor to select items and such

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 22, 2016

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Speaking of XSEED, they've apparently got a new forum site now. Someone should sign up and frequent the threads to keep us updated on goings-on.

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/146315268260/psa-new-xseed-forums

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Check out this Yomawari trailer I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X1cBVixpNA

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So my girlfriend is sort of wanting to do some remote play from my ps4. I have the following:

ps4 (with both our PSN accounts on it)
playstation tv (with mine on it, controllers aren't a problem, got enough of those)
vita 1000 (with mine on it)

What's the path of least resistance here? Just get her a card and give her one of the devices? You have to do like a full system reset or something every time you change users, correct? Or maybe that was for regions? Could she just use the playstation TV as a remote play device without needing a card at all?

I use the playstation TV less but I don't really use the vita much either so I'm ultimately OK with surrendering one of them to her account as long as I'm not losing anything. I only have the one memory card and it's in the vita.

edit: I am dumb. I do have two memory cards. Solution found.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 23, 2016

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm excited for God Eater Resurrection, does anyone know how it differs from Burst? Is it mainly a graphics update? Googling is kind of vague

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Only took a second to look up.

gamefaqs posted:

Graphical upgrade, better character customization, weapon upgrading is slightly easier, you can change the different types of devour attacks you have to fit your playstyle, they added in the weapon types from God Eater 2 (Boost Hammer, the lance type and Variant Scythe), you can put custom skills on weapons instead of having them pre-equipped on the weapon, most Aragami have new attacks, there are new side missions that have you fight God Eater 2 Aragami, you can raise the affection rate of your teammates so they'll fight better for you, you earn skills after beating missions, and last but not least there is a new scenario spanning difficulties 11-13 that leads into God Eater 2.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

InfinityComplex posted:

Yeah, about that, the gamefaqs poster got confused in a few things.

There's no affection system. While this is true for God Eater 2 Rage Burst which has Character Episodes, aka Social Links, Resurrection doesn't feature that. You can get an after mission scene in which your character is seen interacting with one of your NPC allies though!

In both games, each NPC you brought to a mission gains Ability Points which are used to buy skills to customize them.

About the skills. Each weapon/gun/shield has one (or two) default "compound" skill (they're special things that can hold up to four separate skills while occupying a single skill slot). As you upgrade your weapons/gun/shield, those gain new skills and overwrite low-level ones for a higher version automatically, so there's no need to worry about deleting a skill by mistake. You can still overwrite the entire compound skill with a random custom skill but who the hell would do that in Resurrection?

Of note, in Resurrection, the default are the only ones with four skills; the compound ones you get after each mission can only have a max of three skills.

Lastly, a thing that most people tend to forget. In the PSP version you unlocked bullet editor modules as you progressed in the story. Here, you get EVERY SINGLE ONE FROM THE START. Happy customizing!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not sure if it's going to be worth getting Ressurrection. Isn't 2 on the way anyways?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

I still think it's worth it because of the improvements made in this game plus some of the devouring styles gives you great mobility/evasion options. That, and Rage Burst is released in two months.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

InfinityComplex posted:

Thank you, that sounds pretty sweet

Stelas posted:

I'm not sure if it's going to be worth getting Resurrection. Isn't 2 on the way anyways?

Well 2 won't be out till August 30th, which for me is enough time that I don't feel like it would be over-saturated. Also if you pre-order 2 you get Resurrection for free, which I believe applies to the Vita version as well

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah, apparently the God Eater 2 pre-order deal applies to the Vita version as well. From what I've read, North America's only option is digital but if you live in Asia or Europe there will be a physical option for you. I wish they would put up the GE2 pre-order on the PSN so I could snag it now.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

I just finished chapter four of Dangan Ronpa

:(

I finished Chapter 3 of Dangan Ronpa: Ultra Despair Girls today

:shepicide:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i just finished the 5th case of danganronpa 2 and it's been pretty good except for case 5 because it was braindead simple and i figured almost all of it out immediately which is rare for me because i'm usually too dumb to piece much of anything together before the trials

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Oblique praise for the Vita by Jeff Minter (TxK):

http://minotaurproject.co.uk/blog/?p=376 posted:

To give some idea of just how awful iOS was for us, the first non-iOS game I did after spending two years on iOS, released on a Sony handheld that many describe as being “obscure”, generated literally *thousands* of times more income for us than two years and ten games on iOS with its potential billions of users.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It also helps that TxK was a really good game.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

mateo360 posted:

I finished Chapter 3 of Dangan Ronpa: Ultra Despair Girls today

:shepicide:

I've only beaten chapter 1. Maybe I should finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Do it. Post pictures of your mental state as you do.