Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I just had a friend message me to tell me his slot to be ROTC at Cal State Fullerton was changed to go to Fort Polk as an OC/T. I believe that’s probably the deepest dicking I’ve seen in a while.

I did ROTC there. With few exceptions every instructor I had either ETSd or retired from that job, I assume because nobody could fathom having a better assignment. Better that he doesn't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I would suggest that he drink his misery away in the hottest off post party sensation the "Paradise Lounge, " which I believe was constructed from various mobile homes, but it has evidently closed for business.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
That doesn't mean he still can't go there to drink away the pain.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

He will, just covered in mosquitos and smelling dank fart shower humidity.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
The thai place colocated with a holiday inn express is surprisingly OK for what you'd expect in Leesville, LA

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I totally understand. There was a place called ‘Korean Delight’ in Radcliff and it was next to a tattoo shop and a bike shop. It was purple.

The owner and I became good friends. I have her bugolgi recipe.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Radcliffe was the place just outside of Ft Knox with the stretch of road that is just signs for the strip club Thoroughbreds like 1-12 wasnt it?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hey you young dudes. Do Soldiers still jump/beat the poo poo out of their chain of command?

Like, the gently caress gently caress games kind of beating. Mostly just fun with a bloody nose and bruises at worst?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
oh yeah I used to go up to my First Sergeant and just pop him in the nose and start laughing being like "OWNED TOP YOU GOT OWNED" and he'd be like "God drat it SSG mods change my name, ya got me again you crazy son of a bitch!"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mods change my name posted:

oh yeah I used to go up to my First Sergeant and just pop him in the nose and start laughing being like "OWNED TOP YOU GOT OWNED" and he'd be like "God drat it SSG mods change my name, ya got me again you crazy son of a bitch!"

Not exactly that way. Usually on long deployments walking alone as a SL/PSG/PL wasn't a great idea. But if they managed to hold their own against several of you it was pretty fun.

I'm guessing you're the kind of guy who wouldn't find the "skittles surprise" very funny either. :colbert:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

spacetoaster posted:

Hey you young dudes. Do Soldiers still jump/beat the poo poo out of their chain of command?

Like, the gently caress gently caress games kind of beating. Mostly just fun with a bloody nose and bruises at worst?

Not that I've seen. When I was an LT, they talked up mad game about how it was a thing that happened to all new LT's, but we collectively decided that if soldiers wanted to play that poo poo, we were going to fight hard enough to where someone would likely end up in the hospital, so it never materialized beyond a prank or two.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
It's pretty common to bum rush the PL and duct tape him to a tank's gun barrel. In a tanker platoon anyway.

They sure do fight hard though, almost like they feel they deserve to be murdered.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

spacetoaster posted:

When I was in the 173d we pink bellied our LTs when they got promoted to 1LT, but that happened to everyone that was enlisted, too.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I guess I saw one LT get taped to a cot and lifted into the air and swung around by a crane. But I'm not sure he really fought it beyond yelling at them to make sure he was rigged up properly so he didn't fall and die.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Oh yeah that kind of stuff, IDK I didn't like or care about anyone enough to do poo poo like that and if I could have been off smoking and/or drinking as far as away from anything like that I would've been

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I think the major difference is that there's hazing, and then there is just jumping a dude and beating the gently caress out of him.

We totally ductaped people to a creeper and rolled it out in the rain...

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

If it weren't stupidly cold in AK, people would randomly get snow baths. I saw my predecessor get dragged out of his office and tossed into a snowbank, where a bunch of joes rolled him around for a bit before everyone disappeared zonk-style and he went back to his desk, laughing about it.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Icon Of Sin posted:

If it weren't stupidly cold in AK, people would randomly get snow baths. I saw my predecessor get dragged out of his office and tossed into a snowbank, where a bunch of joes rolled him around for a bit before everyone disappeared zonk-style and he went back to his desk, laughing about it.

So I gather that the explanation is that these things don't happen anymore because they occur in units with high morale and a sense of unity.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

At my first unit they waited until we were out in the middle of the lake on the assault raft and then threw us in.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Radcliffe was the place just outside of Ft Knox with the stretch of road that is just signs for the strip club Thoroughbreds like 1-12 wasnt it?

The only strip clubs I remember are River Rats and The Red Door. Never visited a single one. I heard the stories.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

When I was in the 173d we pink bellied our LTs when they got promoted to 1LT, but that happened to everyone that was enlisted, too.

Paging Some of That Grunt poo poo.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I also got taped to my cot when I was sleeping outside in NTC in loving January. I just used it as an excuse to go back to sleep.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Soulex posted:

The only strip clubs I remember are River Rats and The Red Door. Never visited a single one. I heard the stories.

It was forever ago, now that I think about it I think I heard that chain may have gone under

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah, had an old buddy that dated a stripper and she made him sleep with a wall of pillows between them.

He never got to hear the end of it.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
The rank beatings and blood rank when that was more of a thing I always thought was super hosed up and I just followed the golden rule.
I was on staff duty at the time but one of the soldiers in my platoon got his e4 I think it was and his squad leader punched him in the sternum and the kid just instantly collapsed like he was dead lol. Potentially dying for a small raise lol boys will be boys

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I've never been to a strip club but I've slept with one and briefly dated another. Pretty easy to do as a student at USF where there are actually girls that are stripping to pay for college.

The first one I knew was a stripper before hand but she was cool and came to our parties and the girl I dated I didn't know was a stripper until later.

Being older and having very different life experiences definitely contributes to having difficulty getting along with my West Pointer peers.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The rank beatings and blood rank when that was more of a thing I always thought was super hosed up and I just followed the golden rule.
I was on staff duty at the time but one of the soldiers in my platoon got his e4 I think it was and his squad leader punched him in the sternum and the kid just instantly collapsed like he was dead lol. Potentially dying for a small raise lol boys will be boys

Don't forget that time the dude got his blood rank applied with a giant wooden mallet

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Lol what

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
All the way! https://youtu.be/BG1YC0Okbts

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

what the gently caress

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Lmao

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

man the army is loving dumb as hell

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
Needs to be the first post in every "should I join the army?" thread.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
“Why won’t any army leaders give me the freedom to do my job? Also here’s five anecdotes of everyone pretending their job is an 80s frat/summer camp movie.”

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Lmbo

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

When we were at NTC our BDE commander gave the whole BDE the freedom to drink one weekend at the end of our rotation before we left but our leadership told us no, we can't drink.

Later that night one of the soldiers in my CO got drunk and tried to fight the BDE OPs SGM, several 1SGs and finally the MPs once they were called.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

When we were at NTC our BDE commander gave the whole BDE the freedom to drink one weekend at the end of our rotation before we left but our leadership told us no, we can't drink.

Later that night one of the soldiers in my CO got drunk and tried to fight the BDE OPs SGM, several 1SGs and finally the MPs once they were called.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Don't forget that time the dude got his blood rank applied with a giant wooden mallet

The annoying part is those mallets only last for like two promotions before the handle breaks.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Graveyard shift on gate guard. These fuckers just keep shoveling it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
God drat, did you actually take my advice and hang a dsa flag in your window?