Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A shame they never had Wallace Shawn guest when the show was still good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-simpsons-boss-al-jean-michael-jackson-used-the-show-to-groom-boys

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Mantis42 posted:

They gave the lead diversity kitty a Star of David.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKAjGHcJbLM
What the gently caress, this is basically just straight up Neo-Nazi poo poo. (Also, based on their username and a comment they liked that clip was uploaded by a Neo-Nazi.)

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-simpsons-joins-with-riot-games-to-turn-bart-into-an-esports-star/

Put it out of it's misery.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1106028302177726465

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Pretty sure this was predicted to be a Simpsons plot in this very thread. Not that it's that big of a surprise

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

We've known it is coming for a while. I'm still not sure I'm ready.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

12 years ago they did an episode where Marge became addicted to WoW ("Earthland Realms").

In the B plot, Homer became a soccer ref.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Going by the wiki this will be the third ever speaking appearance of Krusty's daughter in 19 years

Why now

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

How will they know which one is Nelson? is a question that was definitely asked

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

How will they know which one is Nelson? is a question that was definitely asked

It would make for a good joke if every character was actually controlling someone else's lookalike. "yeah, I know that other hero looks exactly like me, but I like playing the one that looks like Bart more." or something.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I just want to see this sad bloated corpse of my beloved childhood show die before I do, at 34 its about a coin flip I figure.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

dead rear end thought they actually added Roy to the show

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cubone posted:

dead rear end thought they actually added Roy to the show

They seem to be doing sequels for every other beloved episode, why not Poochie/Roy?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I see it's been five years since the height of the MOBA hype, time to make an episode

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Phlegmish posted:

I see it's been five years since the height of the MOBA hype, time to make an episode

Hype or not, DOTA/LoL still have the biggest prize pools in video games

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
and apple sells more poo poo than they ever have but that doesnt mean the mapple mypod wasnt 5 years behind the times

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-simpsons-joins-with-riot-games-to-turn-bart-into-an-esports-star/
"Just draw the headsets on top of bart's hair, no one will notice"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Even iCarly's Pearphone/Pearpod was executed better than Mapple Myfuck.

I can only imagine the writers are getting 10k a year because who the gently caress would pay a decent salary for that tripe.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Original_Z posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOkzgjW0B9M

I guess this scene would kind of count?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RHyCLNjMw8

ashrum3
Feb 16, 2019
Lisa and marge episodes suck

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Had anyone said the lowest point is the latest episode, as it keeps plunging boldly deeper and deeper into the depths?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Had anyone said the lowest point is the latest episode, as it keeps plunging boldly deeper and deeper into the depths?

It's kinda what I've been going for

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

This is gonna suck

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Once every twenty pages or so

e: makes it the most credible theory imho

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

I'd rather watch a million Marge episodes than one Lisa one

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I'd rather watch Lisa vs. Malibu Stacey, Lisa the Iconoclast, Lisa's Wedding, The Old Man and the Lisa, Lisa's Substitute, Summer of 4'2", or My Sister My Sitter, than $pringfield, Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield, Marge in Chains, Marge Be Not Proud, or A Streetcar Named Marge
e: also Bart vs. Thanksgiving, which IS a Lisa episode, it's definitely not a loving Bart episode ok

BUT I'd rather watch Marge on the Lam, The Twisted World of Marge Simpson, or Marge vs. The Monorail, than Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington, I Love Lisa, Lisa the Vegetarian, or The Secret War of Lisa Simpson.
e2: and Homer vs. Lisa and the 8th Commandment is a Homer episode, but if it were a Lisa episode it would go here

I hope everybody's taking notes

Cubone fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 17, 2019

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cubone posted:

I'd rather watch Lisa vs. Malibu Stacey, Lisa the Iconoclast, Lisa's Wedding, The Old Man and the Lisa, Lisa's Substitute, Summer of 4'2", or My Sister My Sitter, than $pringfield, Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield, Marge in Chains, Marge Be Not Proud, or A Streetcar Named Marge
e: also Bart vs. Thanksgiving, which IS a Lisa episode, it's definitely not a loving Bart episode ok

BUT I'd rather watch Marge on the Lam, The Twisted World of Marge Simpson, or Marge vs. The Monorail, than Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington, I Love Lisa, Lisa the Vegetarian, or The Secret War of Lisa Simpson.
e2: and Homer vs. Lisa and the 8th Commandment is a Homer episode, but if it were a Lisa episode it would go here

I'll add these to my Simpspinions spreadsheet

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Summer of 4'2 is one of the best episodes

Zhumma
Aug 5, 2006
title text

Riptor posted:

Well I mean, that's where the dud comes from so I'd say the episode is beyond reproach for that reason alone.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
exactly its the dud episode, not a lisa episode

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Riptor posted:

Homer throwing the bottle rocket into the fridge then shouting "THE BEER!!!" is one of the funniest moments in the show's history.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

Homer throwing the bottle rocket into the fridge then shouting "THE BEER!!!" is one of the funniest moments in the show's history.

The Simpsons was a good show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEwddMPX1NU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Cubone posted:

I will fight you over A Streetcar Named Marge. It has Ayn Rands School for Tots, Maggie's Great Escape pacifier heist, the birds scene with all the babies, Marge threatening to stab Ned Flanders with a broken bottle, and "You can always depend on the kindness of strangers."

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Nonviolent J posted:

exactly its the dud episode, not a lisa episode

Stand up for yourself, poindexter

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
I had a dream last night that I was watching a new episode of the Simpsons where Homer became an online sensation for videos of him eating books and Mrs. Krabappel felt inspired by his shameless approach to life to continue playing on a soccer team, after the school tried to forbid her from doing it because they felt she was dressing too provocatively and it would upset parents. In the end a goal post falls on her and she decides to stop. Lisa is upset that all her books have been eaten.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I had to pause from laughing after the kid whose mom "only celebrates Bastille Day" excitedly says "I know where we can get some baguettes" and then the cut to Marge going through Homer's purchases from the previous scene, and when I unpaused it immediately got me again with "heheh. this baby's sure to kill somethin'!"

the comedy is just so dense! MAN, what a good show.

:(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I never noticed Marge mopping up at the end

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Marge's Grandpa Simpson-esque entry and exit is pretty great too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋