Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Emilia Clarke is a terrible actress but really likable in any interviews she does. She'd be a good girlfriend, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Emilia Clarke is a terrible actress but really likable in any interviews she does. She'd be a good girlfriend, I think.

Psh

Not as good as Khal Drogo

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

if anyone can't wait for that tommen-jumps-out-a-window grade comedy here's a hilarious scene from last week's The Walking Dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZOWpOcDruw

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

poverty goat posted:

if anyone can't wait for that tommen-jumps-out-a-window grade comedy here's a hilarious scene from last week's The Walking Dad

jesus christ

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Dani gets on a boat with John when she gets food poisoning. She goes to take a poo poo off the side of the boat when a big wave hits a drags her under. She drowns in the sea and the second she dies her dragons all fall out of the sky like rocks. Including the dead one with the night king on it's back. He dies and the white walkers all collapse. Then Jon goes back to the north and sign a treaty either cerei. The end

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Hell Yeah posted:

jesus christ

Funny thing is, it's always been this bad

I mean, gangster aubuelas was the second episode

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Farrier Theaks posted:

Funny thing is, it's always been this bad

I mean, gangster aubuelas was the second episode

What kind of juju makes people love that show? Like you say, it doesn't even have the excuse of starting well like GoT.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Drunken Baker posted:

What kind of juju makes people love that show? Like you say, it doesn't even have the excuse of starting well like GoT.

I thought the pilot was kinda good. Then I watched the second episode and stopped.

People were just really into zombies in 2010.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

porfiria posted:

I thought the pilot was kinda good. Then I watched the second episode and stopped.

Yeah, the pilot was pretty great. I remember being excited to see darabonts name because hey, who doesnt like the shawshank redemption? But then it turned out most everything after the pilot was awful. (That said, I caught a highlight reel a few months ago to see what I missed, and the industrial butchery of No Sanctuary looked pretty well-shot and disturbing, but everything else just seemed crap.)

Anyway what I'm saying is, I hope industrial butchery steps on some people in GOT season 8

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

poverty goat posted:

Granted I watched this on mute because I'm on my commute but WHAT

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

poverty goat posted:

She killed all the younglings? Well that show clearly went places after I dropped watching it...

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

A full synopsis of S8 Ep1 is now on Reddit if you’re interested in that kind of thing

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

So is this her agent or whatever just trying to get ahead of the curve? "YEAH SHE'S A BAD ACTRESS HER BRAIN BLEW UP TWICE IT'S NOT HER FAULT"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

What's the other actors excuse!?

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

What's the other actors excuse!?

D&D's brains both blew up but they kept paying us a lot of money, soooo...

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Loden Taylor posted:

D&D's brains both blew up but they kept paying us a lot of money, soooo...

Maybe this is why GRRM isn't writing more books... His brain long blew up and his carcass is just worn by a suitably sized actor to media events.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

George rr martin has been openly slapping Death in the face with stuffed crust pizzas for years, while young healthy people get brain bleeds for no reason. this world is so much more hosed up than Westeros.
e:

quote:

On the set, I didn’t miss a beat, but I struggled. Season 2 would be my worst. I didn’t know what Daenerys was doing. If I am truly being honest, every minute of every day I thought I was going to die.
those WHERE MY DRAGONS memes took a dark turn. :smith:

Saint Drogo fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Mar 22, 2019

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Also loving lol @ greyscale being so infectious that a single touch can transfer it, but cutting off all the scabs makes you fine again.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He wore gloves and rubbed goo on it. Totally different.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the transition from Sam cutting off those things and then hot pie's pie was great. also the montage of sam cleaning the chamber pots was prolly the best sequence in the show

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

Like eight people died because no one thought to bring a crossbow

There is only one crossbow in Westeros and it's only used for shooting dragons.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Demon Of The Fall posted:

the transition from Sam cutting off those things and then hot pie's pie was great. also the montage of sam cleaning the chamber pots was prolly the best sequence in the show

Yeah those were fantastic edits.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the show is good i agree.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

dick wizard posted:

Dani gets on a boat with John when she gets food poisoning. She goes to take a poo poo off the side of the boat when a big wave hits a drags her under. She drowns in the sea and the second she dies her dragons all fall out of the sky like rocks. Including the dead one with the night king on it's back. He dies and the white walkers all collapse. Then Jon goes back to the north and sign a treaty either cerei. The end

it turns out targaryens poo poo dragonglass. this is why there's so much of it below dragonstone. the penultimate episode's drama will concern whether jon and dani can poo poo enough of it in time to stop the night king, or whether they'll both die on the toilet

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I just watched every episode of this poo poo for the first time ever. I enjoyed it all until Ed Sheeran showed up which suddenly dragged me permanently out of the fantasy world of Westeros and I suddenly realised I was looking at two multi-millionaires sitting on a log and now instead of Starks and Lannisters I just see beautiful rich people wanking about in the forest wearing animal furs.

Hopefully I can accrue enough brain damage in the next month to re-suspend my disbelief. Thanks a lot Ed Sheeran.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
He lives in a castle irl, he was just getting into practice.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Like do y'all have your suspension of disbelief shattered if you see an actor in different roles?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Who What Now posted:

Like do y'all have your suspension of disbelief shattered if you see an actor in different roles?

I don't understand why han solo is fighting these nazis in egypt!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Drunken Baker posted:

Also loving lol @ greyscale being so infectious that a single touch can transfer it, but cutting off all the scabs makes you fine again.

gently caress should have had it that Sam found an ancient magic spell that traded Jorah's soul so he could keep living but every time he closed his eyes he'd have horrible visions of hell and it would make more sense and line up with the book more (there's always a cost for using magic).

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

big nipples big life posted:

I don't understand why han solo is fighting these nazis in egypt!

two people I'll never buy insurance from are ryan o'reilly and vernon shillinger

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

just found this out on a game of thrones youtube channel: the governments of the earth have lifted the law that requires that every single person on earth watches this show.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Ladies and gentlemen, something very strange has just occurred in this power struggle between ice zombies and gigantic dragons.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Who What Now posted:

It ruined the show for me that Tywin never got to use his low-amp electrical wang pulse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9aSykWXCgA

Although I'm sure if he had still been around for S08 then D&D would have worked it in somehow.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I wish they'd tried harder to convey the weirdness of GRRM's original books instead of settling for fantasy Moors (Dorne) fantasy Mongols (Dothraki) and all that generic furred/ leather armour Wildling bullshit. Half the costumes in the later series were straight out of Vikings or whatever.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

smellmycheese posted:

A full synopsis of S8 Ep1 is now on Reddit if you’re interested in that kind of thing

Is there some reason you didn't link this?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

Post em nerd

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Here is the possible leak:

quote:

K starts recapitulating the images that we have already seen in the trailer. Varys and Tyrion will arrive at Winterfell by wagon, while Tyrion jokes about Varys and his genitals. Besides and according to him, we will have to see Daenerys telling Sam that she has burned her father and her brother. The meeting of Jon and Bran: The king in the north will hug his brother and tell him how much he has grown. Subsequently, there will be presentations where Jon officially presents Sansa (images that we have already seen). Daenerys will try to ingratiate herself with Sansa, something like the beautiful north like you. Bran in the middle of the presentations, will inform about the dragon that the king of the night has and about the threat that supposes, which will lead to a northern assembly. Jon to know this information, send crows to all in order to know these events. In the middle of the northern assembly, Lady Mormont will tell you that they chose Jon as king not Dany. He will answer that they need Daenerys to defeat the king of the night and his army. They also talk about the army that Cersei is going to send, Tyrion is convinced of it and will talk about it during this assembly, at the same time he speaks well of Jon. All this will make the assembly very tense, especially for Sansa. Lady of Winterfell will ask Tyrion about this question, the queen's hand tries to reassure her saying that she does trust her sister. Later we will see the long-awaited reunion between Jon and Arya, which merge in a hug. In addition, weapons will also be displayed. Jon will ask if she has used needle, to which Arya responds yes. He also asks his sister to please help him about Sansa and Daenerys since Jon is aware that his sister does not like Dany.

Meanwhile in KL, Quyburn informs Cersei that the dead dragon has crossed the wall and is going to attack the seven kingdoms (scene from the trailer). Plus, we'll see a chat between Euron and Yara. He tells his niece that he is going to KL to gently caress the queen. About the GC: it seems they arrive without the elephants what seems to enrage the queen, who will sleep with Euron for bringing her the Essos army.

Theon after rescuing his sister, will fight in the Battle of Winterfell. In the capital of the north, we will see scenes of the Jonerys (YEEESSS). Davos, Tyrion and Varys will organize the troops, since some are still to come as the Karstark. The scene in which Jon and Dany approach the dragons: she proposes that he ride in Rhaegal, Jon climbs and flies. After the flight, there will be a kiss (YESS).

Arya will also be reunited with the Hound and Gendry, who is preparing weapons for the great war. For the Hound, the blacksmith will make a dragonglass ax. The hound will tell Arya because he did not kill him, while Gendry will "call her my lady" to "disturb her". There will be some sexual tension between Arya and Gendry.

There will be a tense discussion between Sansa and Jon, in which she will ask him if he has kneed in the north or out of love, Jon will be surprised by this question.

Ser Jorah will be present when Daenerys informs Sam that he has burned his father and brother. The death of his father does not affect him much, but it does affect his brother's death. However, Sam is grateful for the information and is going to talk to Sam. Both have a pending task, tell Jon who he really is.

Sam goes down to the crypts to inform Jon, but does not reveal it yet but tells him about his father and brother. Sam tells him that Daenerys does not have to be the queen, but that he is the one who should be king, and if friends Sam finally reveals to Jon who really is.

Tormund, Edd and Beric who are in CB, find a kind of weird message on the walls made by the king of the night, which will intrigue us all. After these events, the king of the night will attack CB and thus the episode will end.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

the best eyebrow expressions in show biz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
GoT claim to fame isn't the dragons or violence, it's the blonde women with giant eyebrows.