Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

hot drat, Star Meerif hit me with back-to-back random time eggs. Glad I finished STARMAP...too bad about PAMRATS though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I finished STARMAP on February 14th and I have gotten exactly one time egg from him.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I’m in the home stretch of PAMRATS and need 6,000 caterpillars and shiny beetles if anyone is capped and wants to spam me some.

With those and a few more days of large nets I’ll be pretty much done.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

What's with these white truffles

I get them from... pigs?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Beasteh posted:

What's with these white truffles

I get them from... pigs?

I'm not seeing them - are you a beta tester? Is there a perk/farm upgrade you need to buy?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I’m not in the beta but I’m earning truffles every night. I’m about halfway done with Fun Guy IX

There’s a section for selling them in the Steak Market but it tells me I need beta to do that. So I think you can earn them but you can’t sell them.

Edit: Once you have the pig collar

koshmar fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 5, 2024

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
If you’ve done the quests to get the pig collar then they’re collecting truffles in the background it looks like even though the market part is still in beta

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Once I reach the tower, is there anything I need to keep individual runestones for? Or should I just use to make Lava/Inferno Spheres? Then should I just sell Lava/Inferno stones other than the 500 needed for Buddy's secret society quest?

I've looked at buddy.farm and can't see any reason not to just make and sell the L/I stones but wanted to check first that I haven't missed something!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Later on in starmap/PAMRATS you will need a bunch of individual runestones but by then spheres won't be a huge source of income regardless.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I'm thinking I'm going to hold off on turning this Truffle quest in. Selling them on the market when it becomes available may be more lucrative than turning in the quest. At their current rate 120 is worth over 18 billion and the quest rewards 20.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Windmill Hut posted:

Once I reach the tower, is there anything I need to keep individual runestones for? Or should I just use to make Lava/Inferno Spheres? Then should I just sell Lava/Inferno stones other than the 500 needed for Buddy's secret society quest?

I've looked at buddy.farm and can't see any reason not to just make and sell the L/I stones but wanted to check first that I haven't missed something!

Storehouse one each and yeah then sell them.

Pro tip: hold onto them until they’re the sales special of the day. That tends to happen during special events (like when they give double xp). Pop a shrimp-a-plenty and make fat stacks of silver.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

monkeytennis posted:

If you’ve done the quests to get the pig collar then they’re collecting truffles in the background it looks like even though the market part is still in beta

i've had my pig collar for a couple of days and i'm still at zero truffles :(

The Vikings
Jul 3, 2004

ODIN!!!!!

Nap Ghost
You have to feed the pigs too. I'm not sure how you're supposed to know that, I had to find it on Reddit when I wasn't getting any truffles (got some now through).

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

The Vikings posted:

You have to feed the pigs too. I'm not sure how you're supposed to know that, I had to find it on Reddit when I wasn't getting any truffles (got some now through).

Patch notes

THE PIG COLLAR AND TRUFFLES
- IN BETA: We've got a new mechanic called Truffles! There's a short quest-line called 'The Smell of a Fun Guy' that will give out the Pig Collar, which will (combined with feeding your pigs each day) give your pigs a chance to find and bring back truffles, which are extremely valuable silver items.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
A couple thousand chests (it feels like) to buy oranges from Borgen today resulted in 2 million stamina and a full stack of AC. And yet it barely made a dent in my OJ mega mastery which sits at just below 900k. This particular MM feels much like the quests for items you only can get from pets, mostly feels like a gate of how long you've played :sigh:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
MMs are just not fun or interesting, their all a chore.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
PAMRATS complete! Thanks to all who sent bugs.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Just completed PAMRATS, used the 5000 LN reward to push me over the edge on that MM and crafted out another 20,000 Ladders and I got tower 250 as well.

Guess I need like 175 more Borgen Bucks to finish the next Banana Stand quest.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

koshmar posted:

Just completed PAMRATS, used the 5000 LN reward to push me over the edge on that MM and crafted out another 20,000 Ladders and I got tower 250 as well.

Guess I need like 175 more Borgen Bucks to finish the next Banana Stand quest.

Fun!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bonus week coming up with 20% boost to mastery.

Now might be a good time to stack up on meals, AP, AC, Large Nets, etc for those wanting to smash out a grinding session.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Today's my farm RPG anniversary, one year of playing this little browser game daily on my phone

Almost at 500 buddyjack wins and I'm tower level 223

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Lava spheres are selling for extra on the market today.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Rakeris posted:

Haven’t done that in a while

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
:toot: MM'd large nets and so got T250. Can't wait to start getting random lower tier crops rather than having to farm radishes when I am out for unknown reasons.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Nice work, I’m going to be stuck on chum for a while yet I think.

I was working on MMing any remaining fish but the new quest asking for shitloads of the seasonal red fish has knackered that for a bit.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Rakeris posted:

i was on tower level 225 & part of the reward for the next step is 2200 lava spheres
so basically thanks for posting this so i can afford to keep climbing

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

These red diamond fish quest is awful

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
At least we have until the end of the month to complete it.

Edit: It does reward a trillion silver

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
How many steps are there? I'm just blasting LN's in and voiding everything. The sale price on the fish isn't worth it. I'm on X right now.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

H110Hawk posted:

How many steps are there? I'm just blasting LN's in and voiding everything. The sale price on the fish isn't worth it. I'm on X right now.

X is the last one according to https://buddy.farm/ but you need to be Tower 250 to unlock that last one. Next year for me I suppose, I won’t be 250 for a fair while yet, certainly not during May.

monkeytennis fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 15, 2024

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

perfectly balanced

Only registered members can see post attachments!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Whew. Just finished PAMRATS. Now it's just bananas and 5tn silver "quests". They are still just letting the 10tn fool and his money quest be a joke to sink silver right?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I'm not touching those 5t quests, farm and storage upgrades are far more valuable.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Out of all the MM grinding complaints I don’t think I’ve seen anyone complain about large nets and I feel it’s the worst.

I’m at 498k and without stupid grinding of the forest, and excluding quests, it’ll take 400ish days just on the twice a day drop w/ inventory growth kinda factored in.

Everything else seems fine, comparatively.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

hambeet posted:

Out of all the MM grinding complaints I don’t think I’ve seen anyone complain about large nets and I feel it’s the worst.

I've played for almost two years and I'm still 100k away from MM large net, so I agree.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Well, that seems to suggest my napkin math is kinda on point, I've played for about 15 months now?

Like, I'll smash out all the others over the next month or so, and still probably have 400k large nets left to make.

What I've got left (though it's not really that interesting):

Wooden Box: 960k (I'll hit this in the next day or two)
Jade: 778k
Shimmer stone: 770k
Black powder: 755k
Orange Juice: 772k
Lemonade: 653k
Garnet: 543k
Large net: 498k

I haven't really focused on the gems yet, because they're easy to grind out when the time comes. I was thinking of offering orange / lemonade conversions in trade once I finished with wooden boxes, but in light of how long it'll take for me to MM large nets, I really can't justify upgrading my Mailbox further, nor the effort of coordinating the conversions with others.

I think I'll just focus on seasonals + slowly grinding away at pamrats/starmap.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Has anyone here raised enough money to buy any 10T upgrades yet? I guess I could have by now but I don’t have the dedication for THAT much grinding.

I’m at like 8T with T250.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Ruggan posted:

Has anyone here raised enough money to buy any 10T upgrades yet? I guess I could have by now but I don’t have the dedication for THAT much grinding.

True to form I noticed 3 days ago I hadn't bought the 1T storehouse yet. :v:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

crap i was on auto pilot while doing something else and i just used up 35 borgen bucks on spring seeds. lol.

i was saving them in the event the puzzle piece becomes relevant for the new area later this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ruggan posted:

God no.