Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

More great reactions:

- John Cena at Royal Rumble 2011. There's only a few guys in the ring and Cena's the only one standing. He's exhausted. The countdown ends and out comes Big Show, who is both smiling and RUNNING. Cena lets out the biggest sigh and realizes he's screwed.

- Similarly, there's that night when Randy Orton had to take on three ECW call-ups on Raw in a gauntlet. First he defeated Evan Bourne, but it took a lot out of him. Jack Swagger came out and threw the match via count-out out of respect. Then Mark Henry, also a heel, came out and was about to do the same. During the count, he had second thoughts, stopped the ref from counting, smiled and waved his finger no. Orton responded by collapsing into the corner, almost in fetal position.

- During Roman vs. Brock, when they're both knocked out, Heyman's watching intently, knowing that this can go either way and Brock is in actual danger of losing. Then Rollins' theme kicks in and Heyman immediately turns his head towards the ramp with a look of defeated horror, because he knows exactly what is about to happen.

- Sheamus (heel) is in the Elimination Chamber and it's time for the next entrant. It's Triple H (face) and he gives this smile that's supposed to be totally badass. Only the spotlight is way too bright and shines on him in such a way that it totally looks like somebody took a photo of Triple H, put it in MS Paint and used the eraser tool to turn him into Santa Claus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kevin Owens's reaction when Sami came out for the Rumble this year was pretty great, too.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Wait wait wait, I just remembered the best wrestling reaction of all time: Hollywood Hogan holding his own disembodied head. That's brought me endless happiness.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I prefer the time that Hogan freaked out at a Warrior that only Eric Bischoff couldn't see.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Where am I?
Iv'e never been here before.
There are no Hulkamaniacs here.
Aghh... It's not hot!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Gavok posted:

Wait wait wait, I just remembered the best wrestling reaction of all time: Hollywood Hogan holding his own disembodied head. That's brought me endless happiness.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Thank you for that. Hogan's hilarious overreaction is heightened by Bischoff's hilarious underreaction. Like he just watched someone spill their drink all over themselves.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Why are the bucks with Adam Cole now instead of Kenny Omega??
Is the elite over?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Gedo got tired of all Thauros's tweets about the frivolity of the bucks+omega as a main event act

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
On the best reactions front--

In WWE's ECW, when they had Armando Estrada as the GM, on one episode, he threatened to fire Tommy Dreamer or something if he didn't make it to the ring for his next match in like 30 seconds or something. So Tommy runs and trips over obstacles backstage until he makes it to the ring with like 5 seconds to spare. Tommy looks up at the timer and grins in relief...

...and turns around to see his opponent, Big Daddy V, standing in the opposite corner.

Tommy's reaction was this sighing "welp, this is gonna suck" expression. And it did suck.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

Gedo got tired of all Thauros's tweets about the frivolity of the bucks+omega as a main event act

And see, both are actually good now that they're separated and actually taking themselves somewhat seriously! He should listen to me more often (Book Rush thx)

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Gavok posted:

More great reactions:

- John Cena at Royal Rumble 2011. (this one isnt the right year sorry gavok)

- Randy Orton had to take on three ECW call-ups on Raw in a gauntlet. Excellent moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEI6k4KT7Hs&t=176s

- Roman vs. Brock,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrqMqX8Kizk&t=1556s
Another great one. that oh poo poo face.

- Sheamus is in the Elimination Chamber
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcbGFEE9cuQ&t=45s
cant find a video not in Spanish...but hey look at that face

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no way out 2009. It was Edge/Cena/Mysterio/Jericho/Kane/Knox (yeah, one of those guys doesn't belong.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I always felt Christian was horribly misused. He got a couple gold watch title reigns (that felt like they were more for Edge than him) but he could have been that Edge level top of the card dependable guy.
christian was utilized exactly as well as he needed because he gave us the greatest feud, Orton vs Tables

(iirc they had a three-off series

first match, orton fucks up taking a bump onto a table and it doesn't break
second match, orton tries to rko christian through a table but it doesn't break. this gets 'table' chants.
third match, orton finally rkos christian through a table and it breaks, leading to a huge pop and applause)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Orton vs. Table is the greatest feud in the history of our sport

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Whoops. Sorry, it was 2010. The one Edge won.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh crap i was wrong!!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Benne posted:

Orton vs. Table is the greatest feud in the history of our sport

What about Dixie Carter vs. email?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Orton/Table has gone on far longer and had less one-sided booking.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was at the smackdown where table almost ended Orton's career.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Now that WWE has Styles, Nakamura and Samoa Joe, Sting had a brief run and even Liger got an NXT cameo, who's the next "biggest star who's never worked in WWE?" Tanahashi's gotta be at the top of the list, right?

(For the sake of this argument I'll limit it to active wrestlers, so guys like Misawa and Kobashi don't count)

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Gavok posted:

Whoops. Sorry, it was 2010. The one Edge won.

and now have that one too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V9ZJlLg80g&t=2021s

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Benne posted:

Now that WWE has Styles, Nakamura and Samoa Joe, Sting had a brief run and even Liger got an NXT cameo, who's the next "biggest star who's never worked in WWE?" Tanahashi's gotta be at the top of the list, right?

(For the sake of this argument I'll limit it to active wrestlers, so guys like Misawa and Kobashi don't count)

I guess there's Atlantis, LA Park, and Dr Wagner Jr from Mexico. Manami Toyota, Jaguar Yokota, and Atsushi Onita still work. The NJPW guy's like Okada and Tanahashi are an obvious choice. Great Muta.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I was looking on Cagematch and it says CIMA was in a Smackdown dark match against Jamie Noble in WWE in 2009.

How the everloving gently caress did this come to happen?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

I was looking on Cagematch and it says CIMA was in a Smackdown dark match against Jamie Noble in WWE in 2009.

How the everloving gently caress did this come to happen?

sooooo this was in a weird time after CIMA had a neck injury and he was already in the states. there was a rumor that he got into a spat with Okamura, and he was teasing he was going to leave but in the next year they did WARRIORS and made him back into a focal point after Face Naruki Doi was the worst champion in history so everything righted itself in the end.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Did Negro Casas ever wrestle in wwf? If not, it's him

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Tons of stone cold legends like Canek, the Dinamitas, Satanico, Dos Caras are still technically active doing old man lucha matches. Casas did Super Astros for WWE.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

sooooo this was in a weird time after CIMA had a neck injury and he was already in the states. there was a rumor that he got into a spat with Okamura, and he was teasing he was going to leave but in the next year they did WARRIORS and made him back into a focal point after Face Naruki Doi was the worst champion in history so everything righted itself in the end.

Weird. So we can technically say CIMA has worked for WWE. And if WCW retroactively counts I guess he worked for them then too.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That makes me wonder, what are the biggest times WWE and Japan did business together, and did it ever work out well for either side?

I remember that weird moment where Inoki beat Backlund for the title and Backlund was supposed to win it back (in a classic "local hero beats the traveling champ to pop hometown crowd, immediately loses it back" moment), but something got hosed up in an interference spot and Inoki technically retained by kayfabe rules. WWF essentially ignored the whole thing and declared the title vacant for Backlund to win back later, and to this day Inoki is never recognized as an official WWE champion.

... if I have my history right, of course.

Benne fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Sep 23, 2016

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Benne posted:

Iirc Abdullah the butcher never worked for WWF, I doubt giant baba did and definitely not the Japanese ajpw guys from the nineties. I doubt el Santo ever did.

Like you said though, for active guys it's probably tanahashi or one of the Mexican legends like Atlantis.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Benne posted:

I'd say Jun Akiyama, but he doesn't really have the name recognition outside of Japan like the other 90's AJPW guys have.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It's either Gunner or Murphy

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
In the United States, Bruiser Brody and Magnum TA are two historical standouts.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

In the United States, Bruiser Brody and Magnum TA are two historical standouts.

Brody worked in the WWWF

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

What happened to Magnum after WCW folded?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Magnum retired in 1986 after a crippling spinal injury from a car accident; he's been retired from wrestling since then. He worked as a commentator for WCW, but left long before the company folded.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Smoking Crow posted:

Did Negro Casas ever wrestle in wwf? If not, it's him

It depends if you count SuperAstros. I got to see Casas vs (I think) Scorpio Jr before a Raw back in the day. It was weird.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Big Bidness posted:

It depends if you count SuperAstros. I got to see Casas vs (I think) Scorpio Jr before a Raw back in the day. It was weird.

move the cruiserweights to Superstars, give them an hour to kick off raw, bring in network subs

rename Supestars to SuperAstros too

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Dean Ambrose's reaction to Jake Roberts coming out on WWE Raw was something else. And, in the same vein, William Regal reacting to most things is usually pretty great.

But the all-time champ for me is JR's reaction to Vince revealing himself as the higher power:

AWWWWWWWW SON OF A BITCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

And, in the same vein, William Regal reacting to most things is usually pretty great.

Especially Tajiri's first WWF match.