Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Sampatrick posted:

This is from when Mardu was doing well. You would obviously prefer to have more stats but that's what we've got. Here are the end of year stats for the format.

What this tells me is that mardu pyro owns creature decks and is owned by noncreature decks - thats definitely a place in the meta beyond "is bad".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

GoutPatrol posted:

Maybe Hellsau playing enough streamers is how to get stuff banned, see: Gleemox

dude's got a rep too

(few other comments of that last type too)

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Sickening posted:

Technically both of them are cheaters.

:rimshot:

lol nice one m8

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

Rinkles posted:

Do they have a reason for changing the name?

Business school chuds

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Marketing New Brain posted:

Just realized it's you playing CalebD on stream right now

Yeah I rewatched it. My draw game 3 was such a bummer, I had to burn both Flickers into an on-board Relic just to try to draw spells, and I narrowly got Capsize + Stonehorn up. I thought he'd have more than one Longbow so was relieved when he conceded since I couldn't counter Harsh Rule + Longbow anymore.

seriously though foil has to go, ban delver/tron/gush/git probe/foil/flicker/probably rancor

GoutPatrol posted:

Maybe Hellsau playing enough streamers is how to get stuff banned, see: Gleemox

They need to ban a LOT of cards at once - they can't hit Delver without hitting Tron, they can't hit Tron without hitting Foil+Gush+Delver, though Git Probe should just be removed from the game entirely including being banned in Vintage. Unfortunately they were dumb enough to downshift Foil, which means they're not smart enough to do a sweeping ban, which means they're going to make the format worse before it gets better.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Mulldrifter beats was your only actual win condition at that point, right? Assuming he pops Relic in response to your first wall.

(Though I guess the actual actual win condition was clocking your opponent out, since you had a time lead and could still Capsize + replay Stonehorn faster than your opponent could just click through a turn...)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Jabor posted:

Mulldrifter beats was your only actual win condition at that point, right? Assuming he pops Relic in response to your first wall.

(Though I guess the actual actual win condition was clocking your opponent out, since you had a time lead and could still Capsize + replay Stonehorn faster than your opponent could just click through a turn...)

Game 3? Ignoring clock, if the game played out such that I got a ton of mana, I could Capsize the opposing lands back, Capsize Relic EoT + as many mana creatures as possible, then Snap back an enemy creature, Wall back Snap (or get back Capsize if they crack Relic in response on their end step), Capsize back Wall to try to clear the opponent's mana. Once that's clear, I can either Foil all my opponent's Relics/Priests/Birchlores/mana elves on the way back down or just use the extra breathing room to Compulsive/Deep Analysis the opponent to win an F6 war.

It didn't matter because MTGO has clocks, and IRL I'd just have infinite life through some line or another, but I had plans.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Oh right, Capsize + Wall still picks up your other spells, it just costs 7 instead of 1.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Jabor posted:

Oh right, Capsize + Wall still picks up your other spells, it just costs 7 instead of 1.

Could cost 3 if I have all four Familiars out.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
is there a list of the top performing decks like there usually was? can't find it on wizards' site

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

It probably won't be up until later today.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
please do not let hornet queen guy win this pro tour

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
I want to see Reid and LSV in the finals.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I threw together the Mardu vampire deck. I only did some unranked Bo1 games but it seems to hang together nice when you realize it's fine to name Human/Shaman on a Unclaimed Territory to cast Judith.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Autumn staring at her opponent the way she does would drive me crazy. Some folks are known to do that for silly poker reasons. There are times where I think the camera is frozen or something but nope, she just isn't blinking.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That was a hell of a game from Autumn, I would've given up way earlier than they did.

Borachon
Jun 15, 2011

Whiskey Powered

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

That was a hell of a game from Autumn, I would've given up way earlier than they did.

The early land drop misses and the resolved obsession in the mirror would have had me scooping. They maneuvered that masterfully.

EDIT: Pronoun fix.

Borachon fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 24, 2019

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Always bet on Duke

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
I know this was BDM's last event, but why has he been absent since day 1?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

moush posted:

He wasn't at all?

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Hellsau posted:

He wasn't at all?

He was on a ton. He does the floor interviews so he only show shows up between rounds.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

moush posted:

Speak of the devil

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Tainen posted:

He was on a ton. He does the floor interviews so he only show shows up between rounds.

Yeah he was barely absent, dunno what stream Moush was watching.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Disappointed the French guy got eliminated, but stoked about Reid even if he's playing a deck for morons. Everyone get those dongers up for LSV.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Turn 3 double phoenix.

Luck Skill Victory.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

LSV with a decisive game one against Marcheato Cheatingho.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Cynic Jester posted:

Turn 3 double phoenix.

Luck Skill Victory.

The magic cheater is officially down a game.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

BizarroAzrael posted:

I threw together the Mardu vampire deck. I only did some unranked Bo1 games but it seems to hang together nice when you realize it's fine to name Human/Shaman on a Unclaimed Territory to cast Judith.

Just did the last tier of Gold with it, seems to be doing okay. I had trouble with a Gates deck before I took it into ranked but maybe I can just outrun them.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Wait, so they judges are shuffing for nexus players because they won't allow them proxies and don't trust either player to not manipulate the deck. Not allowing proxies because of brand embarrassment. Inject it directly into my veins. :allears:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

just ban the loving card, it was a mistake

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hellsau posted:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Are Carvalho's only foils Legion's Landings?

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

this lsv v. carvalho game 2 is absolutely insane

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Even if you are not a fan of the decks in this standard format you have to admit the gameplay is great. All the matches this morning have been very good.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Hellsau posted:

and his lands that make blue. lol. big thinkie face emoji here

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Time posted:

and his lands that make blue. lol. big thinkie face emoji here

Completely innocent, surely.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
lsv should make a judge shuffle dudes deck like 6 times and then also throw it in the garbage

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Hellsau posted:

When he played two in one turn game 2, it looked like the second one was non-foil. The first one was the BaB promo version, I think.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Hellsau posted:

I think the Adanto Vanguards are as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Hellsau posted:

They will. They were just too slow and couldn’t do it before this tournament.