Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think the preferred expression is "Rust in piss, shitbot."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Johnny's disappointed little "Oh V" when you do something stupid like take drugs or pledge your allegiance to the remnants of the US is wonderful

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mental Hospitality posted:

I'm imagining that protein substitute and veggie paste is just pumped throughout night city and reconstituted in the machines as "Thing that vaguely resembles the look and taste of Burrito".

I can't remember if it's mentioned in 2077 but in the TTRPG there's kibble, which is basically dry dog food as the name would imply but in flavors people would like and I imagine it looks like you're eating a bowl of Choco Puffs or something but it tastes distractingly not quite like ham or something.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Dawgstar posted:

I can't remember if it's mentioned in 2077 but in the TTRPG there's kibble, which is basically dry dog food as the name would imply but in flavors people would like and I imagine it looks like you're eating a bowl of Choco Puffs or something but it tastes distractingly not quite like ham or something.

Kibble was more of a low point thing, especially popular after the Fourth Corporate War. By 2077 things have been improving, including food, so it's not around much anymore. The vending machine "burrito" is probably mostly the same poo poo but in a more normal food-like form instead of literal dog food for humans made by Purina.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Johnny you loving prick. You know I use smart weapons

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I remember at launch you used to be able to knock out entire rooms full of enemies with a single short circuit and then slap a non-lethal mod on a homing smg to pick off any stragglers. Now I'm having to experiment with which combination of hacks will knock out Dodger's men before they gang up on me because I was told not to kill anyone and I'm having to consider a choice between just going psycho and killing them all (to save two cops? Gross!) or leaving to change my equipment or something. Can't believe I have to think about the combat in cyberpunk now!

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

Johnny's disappointed little "Oh V" when you do something stupid like take drugs or pledge your allegiance to the remnants of the US is wonderful

He's the older brother everyone needs.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

What a game.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Control Volume posted:

Johnny you loving prick. You know I use smart weapons

My weapons are smart so I don’t have to be.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bending bullets around a corner into some poor gonk’s dome never gets old.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

BCR posted:

What a game.

That bottom shot looks like two Kerrys.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wish there was more Us Cracks stuff, they were pretty fun.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Think I've spent more time in photo mode than in the game so far in Dogtown.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

:golfclap:

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Somewhat damaged: I was so goddamn happy the finale wasn't another boss fight, it also reminded me that I really should play through Alien Isolation at some point. I really had to put effort in to not just kill Songbird as she asked. loving hell this sequence was well done.

Should finish my two playthroughs but at some point I have to try not sending Songbird to space (and not shooting Reed) and another where I euthanize Songbird and eat the consequences.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

Difference between agile and waterfall meaning what, exactly?

Agile is when you gain a bonus to software development while sliding or jumping

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The ending to Somewhat Damaged where you kill Songbird and then Reed wanders off into the desert is haunting. I know that Reed does come back in the epilogue to admit that V was right, and that's an excellent capstone. But I'd have also been fine if him walking away was the last we ever saw of the character.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 19, 2024

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Also, apropo nothing in particular: Alex likely murdered someone and took their face to run the Moth. It might have been text somewhere, probably missed it, but I'm stating it now as a fact.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Who wants to live forever: my corpo didn't befriend anyone and was in it only for themselves, so when it came time to phone friends there was Viktor.. and Panam who didn't return the call.

10/10 cyberpunk, won't FIA again :discourse:

Also, been leafing through the time of Red rule book, if someone made a isometric crpg with these rules (or near as can be), I'd be down for that too. Especially if combat was kept as lethal as it appears to be with the inevitable consequence of becoming more chrome than human. poo poo, you could probably make a roguelike tactics game where your previous characters become drinks at the afterlife or some poo poo like that.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Splorange posted:

. poo poo, you could probably make a roguelike tactics game where your previous characters become drinks at the afterlife or some poo poo like that.

That's a really fun idea. Like if you lose a high level character, you get to name a drink after them, and choose which buffs it provides. Kind of like a form of meta-progression

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I'm finding myself quite enjoying the pallet drops and car theft missions. Having a little thing that comes up on your way to an objective that's pressing enough to veer you off course but not laden with lore or complexity so you can quickly resume what you were doing and have it feel pretty organic is well balanced and improves nicely on the base game.

UI question: on weapon infoboxes an orange background means it's an iconic weapon, but some infoboxes on non-unique weapons just have a splash of yellow in the corner. What does that mean? I think I've seen it on weapons with mods attached so it might be that

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I only just started this game this year so I know I got in as far above the ground floor as is possible but holy poo poo this game is so good. It’s the only open world game I never fast travel in because I love the feeling of driving through Night City on my Akira/Tron mashup bike blasting Pacific Dreams

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Adun posted:

I only just started this game this year so I know I got in as far above the ground floor as is possible but holy poo poo this game is so good. It’s the only open world game I never fast travel in because I love the feeling of driving through Night City on my Akira/Tron mashup bike blasting Pacific Dreams

Yeah, I haven't touched the fast travel system since the original release, tried the metro once. But nothing beats just cruising up to objectives ..and you get to see your gonk clothing choices.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

2house2fly posted:

UI question: on weapon infoboxes an orange background means it's an iconic weapon, but some infoboxes on non-unique weapons just have a splash of yellow in the corner. What does that mean? I think I've seen it on weapons with mods attached so it might be that
Not sure what you mean unless it's the "quest item" marker. Screenshot?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

oh actually I did get a screenshot:

Regular iconic weapon infobox with orange background

Splash of yellow!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think that's just a decorative effect.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Huh. I guess they slapped that on all the fancy new food items introduced in PL.

IIRC every Dogtown vendor sells at least one of the permanent buff ones, so it's worth visiting them all when you have cash to burn.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/zibartas/status/1782125181219041705?t=Psqk3GqkHqjVqIwd6KHuDg&s=19

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

2house2fly posted:

oh actually I did get a screenshot:

Regular iconic weapon infobox with orange background

Splash of yellow!

The splortch of yellow-green is for PL-specific iconics. It's the same color that shows up in BARGHEST stuff all over Dogtown.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Finally got around to playing Phantom Liberty, started a whole new run since the combat had also changed a lot after 1.x which is when I last played, and:

Air dash is the best dang thing. This is like Doom now. I love it

That is all

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

jaete posted:

Finally got around to playing Phantom Liberty, started a whole new run since the combat had also changed a lot after 1.x which is when I last played, and:

Air dash is the best dang thing. This is like Doom now. I love it

That is all

Kerenzikov + sawed off shotgun is some of the most fun you can have in this game. Up there with all the other things you can do now

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Speaking of shotguns, I recently been playing around with the Dezerter and holy poo poo does it rock. The self immolation kind of sucks, but I get temporary health for every kill I get with it anyway so it's really a non-issue.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Someone should mod monowire to work like a grappling hook for the full Doom Eternal conversion.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm surprised that monowire didn't get some Spiderman swings in there after Lucy pulled it off in Edgerunners.

Would have also been a golden time to add wall crawler abilities with the mantis blades that were shown off in the 2018 demo.

Gorilla Arms would naturally let you punch through walls.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

And just to round it out, you should be able to rocket jump with the projectile launcher

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I wanted to keep Rogue's rocket boots :argh:

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Closing in on 400 hours, I just now realized (and I had to check) that Rogue is voiced by the actor who does Hitman's Diana.

That.. was a completely useless bit of trivia.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

I'm surprised that monowire didn't get some Spiderman swings in there after Lucy pulled it off in Edgerunners.

Would have also been a golden time to add wall crawler abilities with the mantis blades that were shown off in the 2018 demo.

Gorilla Arms would naturally let you punch through walls.

I suspect the game isn't built for this kind of verticality of movement, but man would it be sick to suddenly be Arkham Asylum and drop on some gangoon from the ceiling because you have crawler blades.

Punch through walls sounds cool, but I played Deus Ex HR/MD, and I know my least used augment was the punch-through-walls one because there's so few areas you can actually do it. You gotta build the environment to work with it on a level most designers simply don't engage with unless you're explicitly making a physics simulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cyberpunk 2078 should have a fully destructible night city, red faction style. What could go wrong