Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lid posted:

so doing some checking it looks like MLW is going under but the guy in charge is trying to just hide from everyone and flee - this is fun because Jacob Fatu just signed a contract with them and if the whole thing just went balls up it means AEW and WWE are both going to get into a bidding war over him

gently caress that, where does Mance Warner go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Chris James 2 posted:

If you told me in January MLW and EVOLVE would both die this year I

probably would have believed you

Definitely about the EVOLVE part, at least

Is it really dying if you sell out to Vince?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I should emphasise I am just reporting heresay but people are putting peices together from Pillman not having his calls answered, Harry Smith Jr wanting out but they have gone radio silent, and now Hammerstone saying he's lost his job. Not helped that apparently this happened to MLW before where they were going bankrupt and the guy in charge up and ran.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lid posted:

I should emphasise I am just reporting heresay but people are putting peices together from Pillman not having his calls answered, Harry Smith Jr wanting out but they have gone radio silent, and now Hammerstone saying he's lost his job. Not helped that apparently this happened to MLW before where they were going bankrupt and the guy in charge up and ran.

Also they seem to have just lost their beIn TV deal

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Good luck on 205 Live, TJ!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
dude would just be happy to wrestle again, he's still got the producer role as far as i'm aware

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

I believe Marty’s story 100% - right up until the murder part.

Unfortunately, what likely happened was that Marty was repeatedly molested and raped as a boy, didn’t get the help he needed to deal with it, and developed crippling substance abuse issues as a result. This is his alcohol and drug-addled mind’s way of saying, “This is why I have the problems that I have. Someone help me before it’s too late.”

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Also they seem to have just lost their beIn TV deal

They signed something with DAZN

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

They signed something with DAZN

DAZN isn't the most stable service right now with it bleeding money due to the boxing deals and other streaming not working out for them

Guess Tom Lawlor is gonna try to do more New Japan

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

DAZN isn't the most stable service right now with it bleeding money due to the boxing deals and other streaming not working out for them

The Shibata interview that just went up sounds like he's going to be used more. Kinda wish he was in the Cup because right now KENTA is the only believable winner.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Filthy Tom join the dojo

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
natty is a coward

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

DAZN is also big in Europe and their second market outside of Germany was Japan, where they have streaming deals to show all J-League 1, 2 and 3 games plus also all of the NPB games live. They’re more than the US operations. If they’re hurting, it’s likely the expected “people stopped paying us when sports weren’t happening” pain.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TJ please stay retired :ohdear:

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

One big galaxy brain in an armchair, smoking a pipe

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/MIOiceribbon/status/1291662896062066689?s=19

Mio Shirai is practicing for her return to the ring.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Is that Tank Nagai?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Weak squats get some extension.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Lots of interesting free agent prospects if MLW is done.

I like Jacob Fatu but I don’t feel there’s a role for him in AEW right now. Lance Archer has the monster heel thing going and barely gets on TV, and Brian Cage also has the agile big man thing. I think he’ll probably end up with WWE.

Hammerstone and Holiday may as well go to WWE now. I’m pretty sure that was the company they were close to signing with earlier this year.

Pillman’s linked in with AEW but he has a lot of red flags so I wouldn’t be upset if they don’t sign him.

Filthy Tom has ties to NJPW now so I expect him to do that and indies

Myron Reed is decent and underrated and I think AEW should try and sign him.

Mance could fit in well with AEW but I think there may have been allegations against him recently. He would need to be thoroughly vetted.

Davey Boy Smith will probably be the most in-demand of them all.

Priscilla Kelly will probably end up in AEW.

Salina De La Renta is another good prospect. AEW should sign her and put her in Vicki Guerrero and Jake Robert’s spot.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Mance could fit in well with AEW but I think there may have been allegations against him recently. He would need to be thoroughly vetted.

His allegation was really minor. He wanted some girl to slap him. He thought she was cool with the conversation. She posted it. And he was like "oh gently caress I'm really sorry and I totally misread that, sorry", and seemingly everyone was cool with him after.

It wasn't cool, but he didn't harm anyone and he handled it as best as he could.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Lots of interesting free agent prospects if MLW is done.

I like Jacob Fatu but I don’t feel there’s a role for him in AEW right now. Lance Archer has the monster heel thing going and barely gets on TV, and Brian Cage also has the agile big man thing. I think he’ll probably end up with WWE.

Hammerstone and Holiday may as well go to WWE now. I’m pretty sure that was the company they were close to signing with earlier this year.

Pillman’s linked in with AEW but he has a lot of red flags so I wouldn’t be upset if they don’t sign him.

Filthy Tom has ties to NJPW now so I expect him to do that and indies

Myron Reed is decent and underrated and I think AEW should try and sign him.

Davey Boy Smith will probably be the most in-demand of them all.

Priscilla Kelly will probably end up in AEW.

Salina De La Renta is another good prospect. AEW should sign her and put her in Vicki Guerrero and Jake Robert’s spot.

I think Salina has something but I think she'd be a downgrade from Jake and Vickie. Especially Vickie because she provides something very different as a manager.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Living the gimmick

https://twitter.com/TheMadKurt/status/1291679659965526016?s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Folklore is a perfect album imo

https://twitter.com/WWEDanielBryan/status/1291751587208024066

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's fine but didn't click with me. I think I like Taylor better doing straight pop compared to her bottling up a sound lots of other people have been doing a lot better than her for a while. It's like Drake when he rips off other rappers, I'd rather go to the source then listen to the pop commercial version of it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Woah everything but rap and country Danielson

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Such power, is there anything Tay Tay can't do? :worship:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If you're listening to Folklore but not listening to Phoebe Bridgers or Lucy Dacus you're missing out.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/pattyswanko/status/1291752746132156416?s=21

I stand arm in arm with you, Patty Swanko

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

The King.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rarity posted:

Such power, is there anything Tay Tay can't do? :worship:

Act.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Gumball Gumption posted:

If you're listening to Folklore but not listening to Phoebe Bridgers or Lucy Dacus you're missing out.

This!! Folklore is great but these two are even better and have more albums in that style!!!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Taylor Swift's greatest strength has always been taking a popular genre and making a new album in that style and succeeding because she's Taylor Swift. She went from Country, to Country-pop, to Pop, to Pop-rock-ish, to electronica, to currently folk-pop? and just keeps evolving because there's a team behind her willing to mimic the most popular style at the time rather than putting out the same album over and over.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I do not know if folk rock is really popular. I mean, I love it but I am not seeing it taking any major place in mainstream music.

I have to say that I have enjoyed Folklore (I also like Punisher by Phoebe Bridgets). It really stands out from her other albums. Everything else in terms of her moving from one genre to another completely seemed forced (because it was due to her music label making her).

This seems natural. While she is not as good as Sturgill Simpson, this album feels like how he has made albums of different genres and they all feel natural.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If you want to be sad and cry all weekend go listen to a bunch of Julien Baker while you're at it. I love her but I have to be in a very specific mood to be able to listen to her without falling into a pit of despair.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga have shown the world that well-connected white girls with wealthy fathers can do absolutely anything they put their minds to!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

bloodysabbath posted:

Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga have shown the world that well-connected white girls with wealthy fathers can do absolutely anything they put their minds to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLZZEvzU5Hc

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Ganso Bomb posted:

If you want to be sad and cry all weekend go listen to a bunch of Julien Baker while you're at it. I love her but I have to be in a very specific mood to be able to listen to her without falling into a pit of despair.

Yeah, of all the sad indie music I listen to she might be the saddest and I worry for her well-being at times.

I hear fans of Folklore would probably also enjoy Tomberlin's "At Weddings."

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

harperdc posted:

DAZN is also big in Europe and their second market outside of Germany was Japan, where they have streaming deals to show all J-League 1, 2 and 3 games plus also all of the NPB games live. They’re more than the US operations. If they’re hurting, it’s likely the expected “people stopped paying us when sports weren’t happening” pain.

Yea it owned when I was in Italy last fall because I could watch NFL games on there

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1291866095712792578

They're probably gonna get eaten alive by the Bruins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They re-seed this year, Montreal plays the winner of Flyers/Bolts.