Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

i said vanilla wow those things were hideous

Yeah people photoshopped the original tomb raider models to be naked. Ugly graphics didn't stop anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Endorph posted:

i said vanilla wow those things were hideous

mlyp

gottem

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Remember when ordinary furries were considered uniquely deranged oddities? I miss those days.

Someday Vaush will seem like an absolute normie compared to other weirdos as well I imagine :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Clerical Terrors posted:

I've given up attempting to correct friends and family, because it just makes me a pedantic rear end in a top hat, but it still annoys me how much people have bought into the idea that a fuckoff huge statistical model is somehow on the cusp of developing sentience.

Every conversation where they make points about AI being on the brink of coming up with its own ideas just makes it sound like they want to see either a child or a person newly working on a job. Those are things that can actually come up with new ideas.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

RareAcumen posted:

Every conversation where they make points about AI being on the brink of coming up with its own ideas just makes it sound like they want to see either a child or a person newly working on a job. Those are things that can actually come up with new ideas.

I mean, the futurist/transhuman techbro fantasy is basically to invent god and make him their slave...

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Clerical Terrors posted:

I feel like "sexy goblin" has been a thing since forever and all of these supposed sources just popularized it further.

Maybe I just don't wanna hand it to WoW to have invented something though.

It's gotta go back at least as far as Gremlins 2.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Endorph posted:

drama youtubers should all be executed

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

DeafNote posted:

Oki is finally back and he is here to tell us to not have a cow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADQ37gVTq3k[

Oh god lol I didn’t realize this would be about the loving Bundy family (the evil cattle ranchers, not the good-evil sitcom people.)

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Vagabong posted:

Calling it AI has to be one of the greatest branding tricks ever pulled

It is artificial intelligence to many people. They look at a machine thoughtlessly repeating previously seen things and they see themselves. They look at a wave of slop displacing competitors and they see their life. They look at a image of warped deformities and they see nothing wrong.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mr Interweb posted:

i....i hope to god you're talking about the in-show music and not that banger of a theme song :mad:
if you have time you should watch an episode of cybersix, because im talking about the in show music and that music is so unbelievably cheap and wimpy it almost ruins the cartoon

the theme song is fine

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

now this is real creator news

https://twitter.com/chipcheezum/status/1790003572572074003?s=46&t=gWBYFIfO5G_79bV-hMDKpA

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I had a feeling this was happening after a few tweets mentioning possible life changing events, good for Chip and Void!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh fuuuuuuuuck yesssssss

chip and void deserve the best

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

They made a diner based off the Steam game?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Remedy mashing genres together going to the next level when the first Alan Wake DLC is entirely about Alan writing his way out of the Dark Place via Lets Plays

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Garth Mahrengi's Let's Place

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Now it's his responsibility to put Johnny Five-Aces in Control 2 or whatever Remedy makes next.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

DaysBefore posted:

Remedy mashing genres together going to the next level when the first Alan Wake DLC is entirely about Alan writing his way out of the Dark Place via Lets Plays

Barry finally comes back in co-op mode where you have to team up to commentate over your own playthrough of the game.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

if you have time you should watch an episode of cybersix, because im talking about the in show music and that music is so unbelievably cheap and wimpy it almost ruins the cartoon

the theme song is fine

okay in that case, good . i agree, the in-show music was crap and did bring down the show to a high degree

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

It's gotta go back at least as far as Gremlins 2.

I think those might not have been goblins. No way to tell though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Judge Tesla posted:

I had a feeling this was happening after a few tweets mentioning possible life changing events, good for Chip and Void!

Voidburger announced that the job involved them moving to Finland.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

all the best for chip!!!!!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mark of Fanboy Flicks found a true cinematic gem with an amazing vanity project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv9ggGgDqDM

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Summoning Salt talks Tetris.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Remember when ordinary furries were considered uniquely deranged oddities? I miss those days.

They're still headline news in the Murdoch press. Here's an Australian front page headline from earlier this month when they discovered that a uniformed cop was a furry in their private life

The press also loves beating up stories about schoolkids identifying as furries and claiming that they insist on using litter boxes in schools, they use it as a backdoor method of mocking trans people and gender neutral bathrooms

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Way to go, Chip (and Voidburger)! When he mentioned he was moving to a place that appreciated trains in the Farscape podcast, I knew the move had to be outside of North America.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Dawgstar posted:

Mark of Fanboy Flicks found a true cinematic gem with an amazing vanity project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv9ggGgDqDM

Love a vanity project. Related to this and on the offchance people haven't seen it, Bad Movie Bible's video on what he called "egosploitation projects" is definitely worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVuQvakRW08

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
Edit: eh... nah, nvm, I'm dropping this subject

Kamrat fucked around with this message at 11:34 on May 14, 2024

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I am at episode 335 of FamiDaily: RNGStranger being the One Guy on these that actually knows how to play Mahjong and Shogi and Go + can tell me why was there even a need for Othello Machines rather than "Oh it was popular at the time, like Pong" is honestly a boon. Thank you for being the second time I giggled while watching something with Othello Footage. The first time being Alex of Retropals vs The Sassiest Einstein Impersonator Ever.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
SomeOrdinaryGamer's wife is a nazi.

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtubedrama/comments/1crqirx/mutahars_wife_doejenggles_cohost_of/

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Holy poo poo...........

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

loling at the reddit comments about the Commentary Community

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

More Boddy Fingers coming.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Endorph posted:

loling at the reddit comments about the Commentary Community

Is that a euphemism for Drama Youtube

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its drama youtubers who dont even make their own drama videos they just post reactions to other people's drama videos

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

drama youtubers but its just people really into stageplays

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

drama youtubers but its just people really into stageplays

Be careful. That stage play drama community almost definitely already exists.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Endorph posted:

its drama youtubers who dont even make their own drama videos they just post reactions to other people's drama videos

Oh, so the back of the human centipede, got it

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Insert muta laugh meme here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Also From r/youtubedrama, Nerd City just can’t stop replying to people. They’re not mad, you’re mad. What happened to this poor guy?