Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
isn't there some dark match of John Cena and Daniel Bryan wrestling from Bryan's first stint? like when they were both still developmental talents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

remusclaw posted:

Real talk. Having to take a piss when you have to be at the announce table for 2-3 hours sounds awful. I doubt anyone stuck at those table's drinks very much of anything.

Now imagine having to take a coffee poo poo while doing that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

remusclaw posted:

Real talk. Having to take a piss when you have to be at the announce table for 2-3 hours sounds awful. I doubt anyone stuck at those table's drinks very much of anything.

Imagine what it must be like at Mania now that goes like 5 hours.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

WHOOPS posted:

isn't there some dark match of John Cena and Daniel Bryan wrestling from Bryan's first stint? like when they were both still developmental talents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2jjZbo8Eeo

Not a dark match, aired on Velocity though so probably just as many people saw it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

remusclaw posted:

Jerry Lawler sucking down multiple bottles of Diet Mountain Dew while JBL and Cole don't even touch their bottles all night was really funny.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

remusclaw posted:

Mike Goldberg pounds energy drinks during UFC events and Joe Rogan makes coded jokes every time he goes to take a piss.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Benne posted:

Jerry Lawler sucking down multiple bottles of Diet Mountain Dew while JBL and Cole don't even touch their bottles all night was really funny.
doesn't lawler have blood pressure problems? probably a thirsty dude

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Was The Rock the most unselfish top guy in wrestling?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
If not him maybe flair after the early 90s.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ostentatious posted:

Was The Rock the most unselfish top guy in wrestling?

Has Cena ever refused to do a job

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

Has Cena ever refused to do a job

Leading up to his rematch with the Rock he insisted on not losing so that people would think he had a shot at beating Rock, but that's perfectly logical to me. There was him insisting on beating the Nexus after the DDT on the floor, although, to John's credit, he later admitted he hosed up on that one.

Terry Funk would be another answer. I said this in the TNA thread, but if he thought losing to you would help you, he'd do it. Because Terry knew he was at a point where he'd stay over no matter how much he jobbed, and he was right.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Foley

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I'd imagine Savage and maybe DDP would be up there as well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jericho, as well. Especially in the last few years. Some people would have told Vince to go gently caress himself if asked to job to Fandango.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
If you mean "top guy" as in THE top guy it's clearly Cena imo.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Memento posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2jjZbo8Eeo

Not a dark match, aired on Velocity though so probably just as many people saw it.
Thankfully they threw in several callback spots in their Summerslam match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ghostpilot posted:

I'd imagine Savage and maybe DDP would be up there as well.

DDP was one of the guys more actively playing politics in WCW.

Savage would rank as one of the most selfish guys. The only reason the DDP/Savage feud was as big as it was is Savage would almost never do clean jobs for anyone. In 1999 Randy Savage was one of the most selfish guys on Earth.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
IIRC, Danielson got in trouble with the ROH office because he did a job for Cena in that match while he was the ROH Champion.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

IIRC, Danielson got in trouble with the ROH office because he did a job for Cena in that match while he was the ROH Champion.

Happened years before.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

DDP was one of the guys more actively playing politics in WCW.

Savage would rank as one of the most selfish guys. The only reason the DDP/Savage feud was as big as it was is Savage would almost never do clean jobs for anyone. In 1999 Randy Savage was one of the most selfish guys on Earth.

the man had 3 women for himself

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Regrettable posted:

Now imagine having to take a coffee poo poo while doing that.

I love taking a coffee poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's no such thing as a least selfish main event wrestler because to get to the main event and stay there you have to play at least a little politics

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Endorph posted:

there's no such thing as a least selfish main event wrestler because to get to the main event and stay there you have to play at least a little politics

I think Andre The Giant is, because in that one match where he bodyslammed Big John STudd he didn't even keep the $15000 prize, he threw it to the audience!!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

exploding mummy posted:

the man had 3 women for himself
But he was willing to share one of them with her sister! Randy Savage was the most unselfish pedophile in the business.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Also he freaked out Bruce Campbell on the set of Spiderman by making sexy noises in the next trailer that sounded like an elephant assaulting a squirrel

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I wonder how much Randy made in royalties for playing Bone Saw.

Also one thing that always bothered me about that scene is that Spider-Man got the win without actually pinning Savage, but it'd be pretty funny if he politicked his way out of taking a visual pin in a fictional movie. Johnny Mundo laid down for a CGI dog just recently, but Savage can't get pinned by Spider-Man?

Benne fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 24, 2016

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Benne posted:

I wonder how much Randy made in royalties for playing Bone Saw.

Also one thing that always bothered me about that scene is that Spider-Man got the win without actually pinning Savage, but it'd be pretty funny if he politicked his way out of taking a visual pin in a fictional movie. Johnny Mundo laid down for a CGI dog just recently, but Savage can't get pinned by Spider-Man?

It's been a long loving time since i saw spider man but wasn't it supposed to just be a cage fight sort of thing? So he just got knocked stupid, and that was the end.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Platypus Farm posted:

It's been a long loving time since i saw spider man but wasn't it supposed to just be a cage fight sort of thing? So he just got knocked stupid, and that was the end.

It's weird. The gimmick was that whoever could last 3 minutes in the ring with Bone Saw without losing got the money, so presumably you don't have to pin him to "win." But after Bone Saw gets killed, the ref counts 3 anyway while Peter's standing around, and there's no time limit alert or whatever. Maybe it counts as a TKO win? Whatever.

I have strong opinions about fake wrestling rules in my fake superhero movies. :colbert:

goml23
Jan 31, 2001

Fatass
What about Kane? Big Show? They've done some pretty silly looking things for the sake of the story line.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

It's weird. The gimmick was that whoever could last 3 minutes in the ring with Bone Saw without losing got the money, so presumably you don't have to pin him to "win." But after Bone Saw gets killed, the ref counts 3 anyway while Peter's standing around, and there's no time limit alert or whatever. Maybe it counts as a TKO win? Whatever.

I have strong opinions about fake wrestling rules in my fake superhero movies. :colbert:

I thought the whole thing was it didn't count as a win and that's why the promoter didn't give Spider-Man the money.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

I thought the whole thing was it didn't count as a win and that's why the promoter didn't give Spider-Man the money.

No, the promoter didn't give Spider-Man the money because the advertisement was getting money for 3 minutes, and the match was shorter than that.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Savage jobbed to Harvey the Wonder Hamster, he probably didn't give a poo poo about losing to Spider-Man.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Perry Normal posted:

Savage jobbed to Harvey the Wonder Hamster, he probably didn't give a poo poo about losing to Spider-Man.

He had to know Harvey was male before agreeing to do so.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Clearly the real lesson here is that Peter Parker should've been booked stronger so the Spider-Man gimmick would get over faster than it did.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Perry Normal posted:

Don't forget about MMMONKEY.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I'm still pissed they changed his name from developmental. The Human Spider would have gotten over huge.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

rare Magic card l00k posted:

No, the promoter didn't give Spider-Man the money because the advertisement was getting money for 3 minutes, and the match was shorter than that.

so even if a few of the details are off they absolutely nailed the broad strokes of how pro wrestling promoters act

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Perry Normal posted:

He also jobbed to Zorak, though to be fair Zorak had a chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone posted a link to a puro google drive account, I can't find the thread, can someone repost it?