Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I tried reading a bit of the manga but there was no men screaming and background music, no thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

littleorv posted:

You described it better than I did when my friend asked me what it was. "It's about manly men who do fabulous poses and punch vampires with the power of the sun."

I disagree, because reading that makes me want to watch Phantom Blood again.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Personally I refer to it as "mystical sunlight karate".

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Honestly I wish we got more mystical sunlight karate in this arc. It would have been great for an enemy stand user to underestimate Joseph because his stand sucks and just have him overdrive his rear end.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

littleorv posted:

Honestly I wish we got more mystical sunlight karate in this arc. It would have been great for an enemy stand user to underestimate Joseph because his stand sucks and just have him overdrive his rear end.

They haven't really faced any pillar men or vampires or other undead so it's not particularly useful

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

They haven't really faced any pillar men or vampires or other undead so it's not particularly useful
The possibilities of hiding a ripple-infused pigeon in somebody's mouth seem endless.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Zero_Tactility posted:

The possibilities of hiding a ripple-infused pigeon in somebody's mouth seem endless.
Think of all the high pressured bottle caps Joseph could launch.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
What if an enemy was hiding behind a cloak of frogs? How are you supposed to attack them without harming the innocent frogs?

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Stands are good. The Ripple is also good. Jojo is just good overall. It'd be nice if there were more opportunities for Joseph to play with the Ripple in Stardust Crusaders, but we're in one of the best fights of the arc right now, and SC remains good to the end, so that is a small regret for me.

Nuage
Jan 21, 2005

itskage posted:

I took a bunch of stills from the intros at 1080p and dumped them in this album: http://imgur.com/a/Uqiot

I love the part 2 intro so much. There's so much going on and the style is so good. The reason I was taking stills was to get some of those great vibrant color panels like the 2nd image in there, for wall paper material. I took a bunch more because I knew I'd share them so maybe someone is interested in the other ones.

I tried not to include any panels with the credits on them since its not what I was going for.

Too bad even at full quality you can still see the compression.

Nobody knows of any full quality vids without the credits on them? They probably don't exist, but man there would be some great panels in there.

GO AHEAD MISTUR ITSKAGE

Thanks!

Actually I already capped that pink-hued pic of all of them in profile from the newest intro, it's my current wallpaper!

What a great episode, can't wait for Friday.

e:

dogsicle posted:

Araki's art is definitely worth seeing (yes, even Phantom Blood) at least once. Even with the anime as The Definitive Experience, people should go back and read buy the manga sometime.

What I started doing was buying the English manga (which seems pretty good to me!) of Stardust Crusaders whilst watching. So I have something like 7 volumes, it goes up to partway through Midler, and I'm plenty far enough behind that I won't spoil it for myself. It's really cool seeing how faithful the anime has been, actually.

Nuage fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 17, 2015

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Without having read the manga, so I don't know how this is going to play out eventually, what I like about this fight is that, while the threat in it's most basic level comes from the enemy stand stealing your soul, the mechanics of the fight itself have nothing to do with stands.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Yup. The Stand is just there to raise the stakes. Other than that it's just a bunch of guys gambling.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I can't express how much joy my dad and I have watching JoJo every Friday together. Can't wait to see the continuation of the gambler.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Housh posted:

I can't express how much joy my dad and I have watching JoJo every Friday together. Can't wait to see the continuation of the gambler.

cool jojo dads club represent :cool::respek::chord:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

my dad only watches Bleach.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Butt Ghost posted:

my dad only watches Bleach.

Please get a new dad.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
My dad was all about Mazinger Z and Sankukai (apparently known in the English speaking world as "Message from Space: Galactic Wars").

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

My dad showed me Akira when I was 11 and really enjoyed Redline when I showed it to him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My dad watched 5 minutes of the Disappearance f Haruhi Suzumiya with me and called me a weirdo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I wish to be a cool anime dad one day. My dad walked in when I was watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes once so I think my dad wins?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My dad is super loving into Inuyasha. He's like that Robot Chicken sketch, except without the twist punchline at the end. I tried getting him into Hellsing Ultimate, Deadman Wonderland, and Kill la Kill too, but no dice. Dude just loving loves Inuyasha.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

When I have kids, I'm going to smash cameras in-front of them and show them pictures of stupid, sexy DIO.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
My dad is suspicious of those wily japs and their insidious pokeyman cartoons.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Aurain posted:

When I have kids, I'm going to smash cameras in-front of them and show them pictures of stupid, sexy DIO.

When you have GRANDKIDS.

Also, they probably won't know what the gently caress a camera is.

But now I'm thinking that'd make a really great cosplay accessory. Get a polaroid camera, get a picture of DIO, insert it into camera. Smash camera and show off DIO picture. The hard part is finding a 300 dollar polaroid camera.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Also you can only do it once.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
If my hypothetical kids don't appreciate JoJo I'll probably just leave and try again.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

You could just adopt another one to show the others how to be true gentlemen

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Soulcleaver posted:

My dad is suspicious of those wily japs and their insidious pokeyman cartoons.

Same here.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

My dad was worried that Yu-Gi-Oh would turn me into a heathen.

I'm an atheist so maybe he was right??

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Sounds like he was worried you'd convert to D'arbyism. :v:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Butt Ghost posted:

You could just adopt another one to show the others how to be true gentlemen

I was going to comment about how this is exactly how JoJo starts but thats the joke

Though how much different would it be if JoJo didn't begin in the 1800's, and started now, for example?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zeruel posted:

I was going to comment about how this is exactly how JoJo starts but thats the joke

Though how much different would it be if JoJo didn't begin in the 1800's, and started now, for example?

Dio would be a spree killer, probably

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I want to see Phantom Blood as a Slice of Life about Jonathan and Dio growing up.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
It already is~

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm sure we all look back fondly at the time in our teen years when we donned an ancient Aztec weapon designed to turn the wearer into a vampire before forcing a woman to eat her own baby.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i liked that episode of dawson's creek

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Million Ghosts posted:

It already is~

Phantom Blood went off the rails for me when it stopped being this. As much as Jack the Ripper as a vampire who burrows into horses and a guy who controls his hair are quintessential JJBA, it didn't mesh at all with what the manga or show had been. It's kinda weird, because I think Phantom Blood would have been better if it focused more on slice-of-life stuff with DIO being buried for a century after the mansion fight, but it might never have turned into what it is without the rough patch with the insane zombies who are just like vampires but not vampires.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Phantom Blood went off the rails for me when it stopped being this. As much as Jack the Ripper as a vampire who burrows into horses and a guy who controls his hair are quintessential JJBA, it didn't mesh at all with what the manga or show had been. It's kinda weird, because I think Phantom Blood would have been better if it focused more on slice-of-life stuff with DIO being buried for a century after the mansion fight, but it might never have turned into what it is without the rough patch with the insane zombies who are just like vampires but not vampires.

There's a reason it's not called Jojo's Adventure.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
With Dio out of the picture Jonathan finally gets around to the day-to-day perils of managing his dwindling estate.

This fall: Joestar Abbey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Does anyone have that comic where Joseph sells real estate?

• Locked thread