Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i heard lufia 2 is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Since you liked Wild Arms you'll probably like it, it's got puzzles and tools you can use in the field

fuckin great boss theme too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

oddium posted:

i heard lufia 2 is good

It's.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i need to get an everdrive

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

its official. 2018 is the Year Of SNES

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Goddamn Lufia 2 is so good, thanks for reminding me.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Fungah! posted:

sure uh probbly something like:

chrono trigger
dkc2
plok
uniracer
breath of fire 2
goemon
lufia 2
simcity
illusion of gaia
ogre battle
tetris attack
cybernator
metal warriors
actraiser
secret of evermore (i liked it)
harvest moon
run saber
gemfire (early snes mapgame that pwns)
king of dragons
demon's crest

if y ou want import stuff too theres a whole ton of good poo poo, chck out terranigma, live a live, bahamut lagoon, th romancing saga games, seiken densetsu 3 (secret of mana 2), star ocean, the sequels to goemon, maybe fe4 but i havent played that one in a while nd it might not have aged well

Don't forget
Megaman X2 + 3
Pilotwings
Turtles in Time
Zombies Ate my Neighbors
Gradius III
Demon's Crest
Super Bomberman
Yoshi's Cookie

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Sunset Riders

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cutting off my nuts and feet and mailing then to Reggie

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Fungah! posted:

sure uh probbly something like:

chrono trigger
dkc2
plok
uniracer
breath of fire 2
goemon
lufia 2
simcity
illusion of gaia
ogre battle
tetris attack
cybernator
metal warriors
actraiser
secret of evermore (i liked it)
harvest moon
run saber
gemfire (early snes mapgame that pwns)
king of dragons
demon's crest

if y ou want import stuff too theres a whole ton of good poo poo, chck out terranigma, live a live, bahamut lagoon, th romancing saga games, seiken densetsu 3 (secret of mana 2), star ocean, the sequels to goemon, maybe fe4 but i havent played that one in a while nd it might not have aged well

You don't have to qualify Secret of Evermore bro its incredible and epic and hell its better than Mana imo. and also w/r/t Lufia 2 talk it's the most slept on JRPG of all time and everyone should play it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Shitnugget of Everbore, Poofier Poo, etc.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Lufia 2 is my favorite SNES RPG. There's a patched ROM floating around that fixes all the game crashing bugs and adds in extra stuff like the "True" Gades battle in the final area, I'd recommend looking for it if you want to play it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

i need to play lufia 2

it's got the same appeal as Dark Cloud, Wild Arms, etc where it doesn't excel at any one thing but it makes up for it by doing lots of things and being endearingly dumb

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Just because you took money from a mentally unstable person to harass me doesn't mean you deserve to be harassed by a mentally unstable person.

im sorry you wasted you money when the genius behind the vomiting lady decided to repeat the same joke for a third time

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://nintendotreehouse.tumblr.com/post/161799433482/whats-in-a-box

quote:

Shigeru Miyamoto recounted on a past Treehouse Live how this inspiration was then expanded when he let his pet hamster loose in his room around the time of Super Mario 64. This inspired him to want to make controlling Mario feel like you were controlling a hamster running around in and exploring the landscape.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

im sorry you wasted you money when the genius behind the vomiting lady decided to repeat the same joke for a third time

its really funny and not weird or stalkery at all

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Kongming posted:

Lufia 2 is my favorite SNES RPG. There's a patched ROM floating around that fixes all the game crashing bugs and adds in extra stuff like the "True" Gades battle in the final area, I'd recommend looking for it if you want to play it.

I own an OG cartridge, so I shan't be needing a ROM. It is my most prized possession

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

It was worth a try and an av cert.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Nintendo is best

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Platinum maybe teasing Bayo 1&2 for switch??? those are the joycon colors.... 🤔🤔

https://twitter.com/platinumgames_j/status/881710210166824960

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm totally fine with all the good Wii U games nobody ever played getting rereleases honestly. I guess Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 would be trickier than other games tho because of the gamepad functionality

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i want to get a switch but sold out everywher

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
My coworker decided to move across the country and sold me his Switch + Zelda + Season pass + pro controller for $400 last month. Win

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tropical freeze is the best platformer i've ever played and it needs to be immortalized as a nintendo classic, not lost in the sea of content. please re-release. ill buy it even tho i dont have a switch yet

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
good news all, you can play wii u games on a wii u

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

vaginal facsimile posted:

i want to get a switch but sold out everywher

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan posted:

Platinum maybe teasing Bayo 1&2 for switch??? those are the joycon colors.... 🤔🤔

https://twitter.com/platinumgames_j/status/881710210166824960

SAH-WEET!! #nintendo not only BOSSED e3 this year but they're still releasing old games for 40$ a piece for the motherfucking win my BITCH

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Super Mario Bros. 3 - $14.99
Yoshi's Cake - $19.99
Metroid - $14.99
Mario is Dead (NEW Nintendo Switch Only) - 24.99

WOKE GAMER: Oh (starts cumming) Oh god. Oh gently caress yeadh

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
hell yeah

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i would pay any amount of money for an official nintendo game called mario is dead

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

mysterious loyall X posted:

good news all, you can play wii u games on a wii u

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

i would pay any amount of money for an official nintendo game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i would pay any amount of money for an official nintendo game called mario is dead

Mario is dead. Mario is dead, and Wario has killed him. Waaaah

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
red and blue are just the main colors of bayo 1 and 2 so thats not even a switch teaser

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they're also the main colors, of pokemon

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

more people playing Bayo 2: Prettty siiick...
sexy anime drawings of Bayonetta reaching popularity again: The absolute endgame. This is win.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

splatoon 2 direct on thursday morning(10am eastern)

hoping for a second round of the testfire this weekend, personally. i know its gonna be out this month but i love betas

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

splatoon 2 direct on thursday morning(10am eastern)

hoping for a second round of the testfire this weekend, personally. i know its gonna be out this month but i love betas

I hope they announce a splatoon 2 bundle because i want to buy a switch but theyre not available anywhere. if i could preorder a new bundle i would

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

I hope they announce a splatoon 2 bundle because i want to buy a switch but theyre not available anywhere. if i could preorder a new bundle i would

I know they're gonna have new splatoon joycons, that's a good sign that they might bundle everything together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Plebian Parasite posted:

I know they're gonna have new splatoon joycons, that's a good sign that they might bundle everything together

They've announced a Splatoon 2 bundle with the pink and green joycons for Japan, no idea if it's going to make it into Europe or America.