Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jusupov posted:

I'd buy a 72 pack of cards with these costumes in it every day

What comic is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Harlock posted:

What comic is this

Cosmic ghost rider. You should also read Thanos (2016) to get the rest of his backstory.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Now I will feel hollow forever knowing that I never got to experience the joy of Juggerduck.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
New system idea: meld bios together to get new characters like this fine group.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I most certainly don't like the idea of Rocket having skinned his best friend to wear him as armour.

But I like it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jusupov posted:

I'd buy a 72 pack of cards with these costumes in it every day

Stop trying to make Jubilee cool. She's never going to be cool.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hiya, Sister Minister! ... Wait, that doesn't sound right...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Would buy Juggerduck. Maybe Iron Groot.

Lozareth posted:

Goddamn. I've been thinking a lot about returning to DDO but I'm years behind now and well out of the lvl 20+ / epic difficulty stuff.

You're further along than I am and I've been clearing 20+ stuff no problem without any reincarnations. Having a ton of reincarnations really only matters for Reaper mode, a hard prestige difficulty that unlocks cosmetic stuff when you get enough experience from it.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I started again last month and have been clearing through Ravenloft legendaries on a first life fighter/20

Its p easy to catch up

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Rumor is next month's ps+ is Diablo 3, which I hear is like a bad version of marvin's gardens

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
D3 actually took the crown after years of hard work. It has been the best ARPG for a few years.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

D3 actually took the crown after years of hard work. It has been the best ARPG for a few years.

Yeah, it's one of the most dramatically-improved games (from its launch iteration til now) in recent memory.

The only other one I can think of that's on par is Final Fantasy 14, which was literally taken offline and remade.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Yeah, it's one of the most dramatically-improved games (from its launch iteration til now) in recent memory.

The only other one I can think of that's on par is Final Fantasy 14, which was literally taken offline and remade.

Vermintide 1 went from drat near unplayable garbage to pretty great.

Still waiting for VT2 to do the same, but whatever.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Is marvel heroes coming back I miss it and there are no games where I can play as a lot of good and cool heroes that isnt LEGO.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Relentless posted:

Still waiting for VT2 to do the same, but whatever.

Marvel Heroes will be rereleased before that happens.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I'm guessing the PS+ version is going to be vanilla and thus kind of worthless, it REALLY needs the expansion

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I'm guessing the PS+ version is going to be vanilla and thus kind of worthless, it REALLY needs the expansion

They only have the Ultimate Evil pack on the PS4. Vanilla was ps3.

They pushed into an entirely new console generation before they fixed it

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

i played vanilla d3 and it basically destroyed me and makes me hate even thinking about d3

why is it good now?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Story mode as a whole is something you essentially don't need to touch any more because adventure mode exists, affix generation on loot now is strongly geared toward your class and useful stats, set items and most legendaries have special affixes that do something unique, there's a "mystic" NPC that lets you re-roll/change one affix per item, difficulty levels have been reworked twice…there have been a lot of changes from what the game was like at release, and they are generally for the better. As someone who was around for the design dumpster fire that was Inferno difficulty in vanilla D3, I'd say they're almost different games entirely.

You pretty much need the Reaper of Souls expansion for D3 to be worth playing, though. It adds the aforementioned adventure mode, for example, which is all about running randomly generated mini-dungeons called rifts to find better gear or upgrade what you've already got.

That said, the game still is a flashy loot treadmill without a lot of depth; it just does what it does pretty well.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

And by "does something unique" they can drastically change your gameplay

Sets give bonuses that drastically change your gameplay and are necessary since they give gigantic damage boosts to specific spells, but when doing season mode you get a full set at 70 pretty easily

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Diablo 3 at release and Diablo 3 now feels exactly the same to me. I haven't noticed any difference in how I play it or how it feels to play. :shrug:

I even have the first character I ever made on release still hanging out.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

:thunk:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Diablo 3 is coming to Switch soon too. $60 for the game+exp+Necro though.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
To be fair, a lot of the set/gear bonuses are "makes a specific skill combo do a fuckload of damage". They improved that with some sets that are generic boosts so you can use any skills but for the most part, nothing too different. At least when I stopped playing.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

PureRok posted:

Diablo 3 at release and Diablo 3 now feels exactly the same to me. I haven't noticed any difference in how I play it or how it feels to play. :shrug:

I even have the first character I ever made on release still hanging out.

Are you 70?

E: there's a lot of smaller changes that are huge QOL improvements like clicking one gem on the ground grabs all of them, a lot of things that were important but where white color names now have special colors, and far less actual garbage rains when you kill a mob because they removed "Jay Wilson doesn't understand what a Skinner Box should be"

E2: pushing rifts above 70 is going to be a group thing too

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 22, 2018

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

RosaParksOfDip posted:

To be fair, a lot of the set/gear bonuses are "makes a specific skill combo do a fuckload of damage". They improved that with some sets that are generic boosts so you can use any skills but for the most part, nothing too different. At least when I stopped playing.

A lot of those also have neat and funky interactions with new uniques they've added.

And you can pull those abilities off a unique and equip them as a generic effect from the Cube which let you combo things that normally have the same slot. And there's a ring that lowers the # of pieces of a set needed to active a bonus, which lets you do some fun mix n match stuff with sets.

There's more and less optimal combos, but there's lots of different ways to build yourself and you end up playing based around the unique/set items you find, not picking the most powerful skills and just making your Strength go up.

Most importantly, every couple of months they reset the season, push all your gear into the generic realm that practically nobody plays, and reset the ladder with some item changes, balance tweaks, etc.

The numbers scale ridiculously but there are challenges that scale the difficulty up FOREVER.

For reference, in Vanilla you could go up to difficulty Inferno, which had stuff at 500-1000% more difficulty.

In the expansion, Torment 10 is 200,000% increased enemy health, 10000% increased damage. That's about equal to a Greater Rift (Timed challenge) level 45.

People regularly hit GR90+ every season.

So it's got kind of that Idle Clicker Numbers Go Up HOW High? lizardbrain loop combined with interesting skills that feel good to use, interesting item combos, decent drop rates, some Eastern Sun style crafting options, and slaughtering hordes of things.

And now I want to go see if the most recent season has reset yet, because they also add seasonwide random effects and the last one I saw was All Treasure Goblins Double Spawn.

Also there's like 8 different kinds of treasure goblins?

Anyway, it's plays like somebody stole the art assets and remade it as an actually good game instead of a money grubbing shitshow.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Relentless come back to Destiny. Game good now. Thanks.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Playing VT2 and DBZ Fighters like an idiot. Will be back eventually.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yippee!

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Relentless posted:

And now I want to go see if the most recent season has reset yet, because they also add seasonwide random effects and the last one I saw was All Treasure Goblins Double Spawn.

Yeh it just reset today

"Season 15's theme is Boon of the Horadrim! This Season, all Horadric Caches earned from bounties will be doubled. This means that each time you complete a full set of five bounties in an Act, you will receive not one, but two Horadric Caches, for twice the bounty rewards!"

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Yeh it just reset today

"Season 15's theme is Boon of the Horadrim! This Season, all Horadric Caches earned from bounties will be doubled. This means that each time you complete a full set of five bounties in an Act, you will receive not one, but two Horadric Caches, for twice the bounty rewards!"

That's an interesting one. Gonna be a lot of crafting going on.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If only it took longer then a day to get your best in slot gear and there was more to do then greater rifts. Oh and also having more then one spec per class would be nice. Good thing there's path of exile.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

If only it took longer then a day to get your best in slot gear and there was more to do then greater rifts. Oh and also having more then one spec per class would be nice. Good thing there's path of exile.

There's at least two specs per class goon sir

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i wish there was even one good arpg

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

punchymcpunch posted:

i wish there was even one good arpg

Torchlight frontiers will save us

Or d2 remaster

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
D3 is fun and not very complicated, and the gear sets/legendary items changing the hell of your class give it better variety than you'd expect, but you can't throw a hot dog cart at a dinosaur while yelling Bugs Bunny taunts, so I still miss Marvel Heroes.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

D3 is fun and i've done like two seasons of it since MH shut down, but it doesn't have enough content variety and everything feels kind of samey. i liked how distinct the areas were in MH and how many different bosses there were

and also how many squirrels there were

im not hopeful something else is going to be as fun as MH was within the genre, especially since all the other major ones are basically chained to the fantasy genre for some reason

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I loaded up D3 yesterday and they're charging $24 for a character instead of just letting me spend in-game currency? gently caress off, how are you going to stay in business that way.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Shine posted:

D3 is fun and not very complicated, and the gear sets/legendary items changing the hell of your class give it better variety than you'd expect, but you can't throw a hot dog cart at a dinosaur while yelling Bugs Bunny taunts, so I still miss Marvel Heroes.

Sea Lily posted:

im not hopeful something else is going to be as fun as MH was within the genre, especially since all the other major ones are basically chained to the fantasy genre for some reason

Bingo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

I loaded up D3 yesterday and they're charging $24 for a character instead of just letting me spend in-game currency? gently caress off, how are you going to stay in business that way.

Are you talking about how you have to buy the necromancer mini-expansion? Cause that's $14

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Sep 24, 2018