Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol if you need healthcare you have to move to Mexico

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/esquire/status/1056938552431382529

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sure why not, like that restaurant that serves foods from countries we're currently at war with and which i assume thought they'd be able to change the menu more frequently when they first came up with the idea.

e: Apparently they now serve Palestinian food which is a biiiit of a stretch but ok

Shame Boy has issued a correction as of 17:43 on Oct 29, 2018

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yemeni food? qatari food?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

bob dobbs is dead posted:

I thought the original idea was to only serve food from countries we've actually declared war on but either I'm misremembering that or it got boring so yeah I guess they could branch out into countries we're effectively at war with or by proxy at war with.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Global fusion

feller
Jul 5, 2006

we're in a cyberwar with china and russia so get that sweet sweet hotpot on my table now thanks

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Drug food

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
war on the poor, serve up the canned beans and ramen
war on drugs, feed me edibles

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Christmas pie

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Shame Boy posted:

I thought the original idea was to only serve food from countries we've actually declared war on

Must be hard having to have their kitchen closed since 1945.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i wonder what kinds of drugs you can cook with

alcohol caffeine and thc, definitively yes

nicotine: lol.... maybe? https://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/article/1701428/how-cook-using-tobacco-sweet-and-savoury-dishes

similar lines to qat and kratom

peeps use poppy seeds altho they aren't psychoactive, maybe an opium bagel would work

ayahuasca, mescaline, mushrooms are practically recipes already, altho prolly peeps wouldn't stay for dessert

dxm i feel is a dark horse. peeps already eat halls candy, right

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

AnoHito posted:

Must be hard having to have their kitchen closed since 1945.

I'd think congressionally approved wars would count too but eh. I guess they could just keep serving Korean food, that might be fun.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Mdma would work in something... Sausages?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Diamond mines are pretty fascinating imo, since diamonds generally occur where volcanism has blown rocks from deep underground up through a long, thin crater so you wind up with a funnel-shaped vein of diamonds that's fairly narrow but incredibly deep, and thus you get massive hell hole mines like that.

I mean it's horrible since they're super toxic and dangerous and all done in the name of the fuckin' diamond trade but the geology is cool at least :shrug:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is it capitalism that after a school shooting leaves a kid dead they resume classes? Because I feel like there's something wrong with that situation in North Carolina.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Len posted:

Is it capitalism that after a school shooting leaves a kid dead they resume classes? Because I feel like there's something wrong with that situation in North Carolina.

Social reproduction at any cost I guess? Also, betting the teachers didn't get much of a say in the matter. If they had that kind of self-determination as workers, being forced to go back immediately to a workplace where violent murders happened would probably not be their first choice.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mr. Lobe posted:

Social reproduction at any cost I guess? Also, betting the teachers didn't get much of a say in the matter. If they had that kind of self-determination as workers, being forced to go back immediately to a workplace where violent murders happened would probably not be their first choice.

It's like that scene at the beginning of Dredd only instead of a morbidly obese man with a wheel under his stomach it's a teenager at a high school.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Len posted:

it’s normalised , and yes, you can scream

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s normalised , and yes, you can scream

Gotta sell those bulletproof backpacks somehow I guess

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Len posted:

quote:

"This event actually began days before this morning. So what took place this morning was something that built up," Tyrrell said.

He said several people knew there was a chance of an altercation on Monday morning.

"And we just didn't have that information until after it happened," he said.

Wilcox said the schools don't have metal detectors and students aren't searched when they enter the building.
"Some have asked me, how could someone, especially a student, come on to one of our campus(es) with a loaded gun," Wilcox said. "And I wish I had an answer to that. There really is no easy answer."
it is capitalism as gently caress to know about a situation for days and then when it boils over immediately start pricing out metal detectors. God drat wilcox doesn't even want to pretend like anybody did their job here

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

The Nastier Nate posted:

Mars isn't for the rich. Mars sucks...there aint poo poo there, there's no Broadway theater, no cocaine, no heated swimming pools. Mars is for us, when the super rich send a billion poors off to Mars to mine for resources they'll stave off climate change for a few decades and buy themselves some more time on earth.

Sign me up then, I’d rather die on a cold lifeless rock than a hot humid greenhouse.

At least on Mars there’s a better chance for revolution since everyone there will be well educated and have no hope of seeing earth again (it wouldn’t be profitable to spend money bringing workers back to earth), making them less likely to feel loyalty to the oppressors.

Or at the very least I can open a hatch and kill myself when it gets to be too much for me.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

The Skeleton King posted:

At least on Mars there’s a better chance for revolution
I just keep reading this in a sincere tone and I can't stop laughing

Or at the very least I can open a hatch and kill myself when it gets to be too much for me.
Buddy if you can't find an equally easy way out close at hand I don't know what to tell you

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sign me up then, I’d rather die on a cold lifeless rock than a hot humid greenhouse.

At least on Mars there’s a better chance for revolution since everyone there will be well educated and have no hope of seeing earth again (it wouldn’t be profitable to spend money bringing workers back to earth), making them less likely to feel loyalty to the oppressors.

If it's not just rich people it'll be an entire planet of Elon Musk fanboys so no I think it would be a fate worse than death

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

this is very much the worst idea

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luckily for us Americans there's a paranoid fascist with a weapon on just about every street corner

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

The Gillman posted:

this is very much the worst idea

The wurst idea

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

If it's not just rich people it'll be an entire planet of Elon Musk fanboys so no I think it would be a fate worse than death

Shame Boy posted:

Elon would be remembered as a saint by future mars generations

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

At least on Mars there’s a better chance for revolution

The Red Planet

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I too enjoyed Red Faction

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

This happens in Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy. They're very long and often loving boring books but it's an interesting concept

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

look motherfucker, if there is one place where we can have full communism, a place where only communism can allow survival, it’s goin to be Mars. We either go red, or get dead. It’s the red fuckin planet, it’s trying to tell us.

Mars looks at us from across the void, whispering into our hearts, “come to me, my communist comrades”.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
That diamond mind reminds me of all those horrific industrial cities in Russia where the population is trapped and dying slowly from the air thats too thick to breathe.
Norilsk, and Karabash are the most commonly known ones but I bet there's hundreds of them all over the world in China and India etc. Ya'll have probably seen this but hey, it's capitalism right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks9E9XQp_2k

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

look motherfucker, if there is one place where we can have full communism, a place where only communism can allow survival, it’s goin to be Mars. We either go red, or get dead. It’s the red fuckin planet, it’s trying to tell us.

Mars looks at us from across the void, whispering into our hearts, “come to me, my communist comrades”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2wsj1kc1nM

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 17:10 on Oct 30, 2018

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Outrail posted:

MDMA would work in nothing, it tastes insanely bitter

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

i wonder what kinds of drugs you can cook with

alcohol caffeine and thc, definitively yes

nicotine: lol.... maybe? https://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/article/1701428/how-cook-using-tobacco-sweet-and-savoury-dishes

similar lines to qat and kratom

peeps use poppy seeds altho they aren't psychoactive, maybe an opium bagel would work

ayahuasca, mescaline, mushrooms are practically recipes already, altho prolly peeps wouldn't stay for dessert

dxm i feel is a dark horse. peeps already eat halls candy, right
This post is the most silicon valley thing in all of CSPAM

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Spuckuk posted:

I've put some in a G&T before, tasted about the same and I was giving my mate a backrub within half an hour so I have to assume the results were the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Spuckuk posted:

A good recrystalization of MDMA to get it reasonably pure would cut out most of that Id think.

^also putting it in a g&t would help mask it.

Most synthetic drugs are bitter or straight up taste terrible, and hell most of botanical origin are also bad tasting.

Rigged Death Trap has issued a correction as of 17:30 on Oct 30, 2018