Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Very Hard difficulty is interesting. It's not as bad as I was concerned about, at least early on. I'm mainly just needing to resort to some kind of cheesy stuff since more than like 2 guys shooting me at once kills me very quickly (and I can only deal with 2 for a couple seconds). Like hiding behind cover and using Tech snipers, or using powerful shotguns that knock people down at short-range. This should change once I'm actually higher level and get more options (and get a Sandevistan or the Berserker cyberware - I've never actually tried the latter).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I haven't really specced into quickhacks at all, but even without any perks the Contagion -> Overheat combo is loving hilarious. Just wandering around town casually exploding random groups of gangoons. :supaburn:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Most of them deserved it.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

orcane posted:

Most of them deserved it.

Yeah it depends a lot on the gang for me.

It's actually a small gripe I have with this game, how the gameplay presents all the gangs as seemingly equally antagonistic.
Sure, the Valentinos are still undeniably a criminal organization that loving murders people, but they also do a lot of good protecting their local communities and stuff, whereas for example the Tyger Claws are significantly more purely malignant, not to mention loving Scavs and Maelstrom being complete horror shows.

This really sticks out in some of the scanner hustles that, when you read the related notes after clearing them, make absolutely no drat sense as to why the situation immediately turned hostile once V showed up. Like, these Valentino dudes were just protecting some working girls from some corpo assholes who got violent, why did I have to fight them? Like yeah, I get that the hustles come from NCPD, but it's not like V is arriving at these scenes like a loving swat team yelling THIS IS THE POLICE. A lot of these situations would make a lot more sense if I could just walk up like "Hey the police scanner showed something's going on here, what's the haps?"

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
On the other hand you also show up to scenes where they e.g. just murdered every employee and guest at a restaurant because they followed a single traitor or w/e there.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

orcane posted:

On the other hand you also show up to scenes where they e.g. just murdered every employee and guest at a restaurant because they followed a single traitor or w/e there.

CDPR guide to dealing with people in Night City:

1. Is this person committing a crime? Kill that person.

2. Does this person look like they committed a crime recently? Beat or shoot that person.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Nordick posted:

It's actually a small gripe I have with this game, how the gameplay presents all the gangs as seemingly equally antagonistic.
Sure, the Valentinos are still undeniably a criminal organization that loving murders people, but they also do a lot of good protecting their local communities and stuff, whereas for example the Tyger Claws are significantly more purely malignant, not to mention loving Scavs and Maelstrom being complete horror shows.

This really sticks out in some of the scanner hustles that, when you read the related notes after clearing them, make absolutely no drat sense as to why the situation immediately turned hostile once V showed up. Like, these Valentino dudes were just protecting some working girls from some corpo assholes who got violent, why did I have to fight them? Like yeah, I get that the hustles come from NCPD, but it's not like V is arriving at these scenes like a loving swat team yelling THIS IS THE POLICE. A lot of these situations would make a lot more sense if I could just walk up like "Hey the police scanner showed something's going on here, what's the haps?"

The Valentinos dispose of corpses for Jotaro and murder cops' families, they're not like good people by any stretch. Even the Mox are chaotic neutral at best.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

orcane posted:

Yeah, like I said, they're still a criminal gang that murders people, and I have no qualms dispensing some street justice in cases like this. I'm just saying, I'd like if the game didn't treat these scenes the same as, for instance, the one where they've downed a Trauma Team AV to loot it for meds for the locals.

Reclaimer posted:

The Valentinos dispose of corpses for Jotaro and murder cops' families, they're not like good people by any stretch.

I'm not saying they are. I'm saying that as a whole, they're still not AS invariably horrific as some of the other gangs and I'd like if the game would ackowledge that a bit more than it does. It's also not a huge deal, just a small thing that sometimes niggles me a bit.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 16, 2024

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
most importantly, the valentinos are tacky

they gotta go for the good of public fashion

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Nordick posted:

Maybe their NCPD scanner highlights V and shows they are wanted for the murder of thousands of gangsters.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

most importantly, the valentinos are tacky

they gotta go for the good of public fashion

Actually they have by far the best fashion of all the gangs and this alone elevates them high above the rest morally

socialsecurity posted:

Maybe their NCPD scanner highlights V and shows they are wanted for the murder of thousands of gangsters.

Hey you know what, that's actually fair

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Evil's evil, choom. Smaller, bigger, mid... makes no gonk rear end difference. Degree's rando, it's fuzzy standard def. If I'm to choose between one evil and another, I'd rather choose what my Fixer owes me for a job done.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Nordick posted:

Actually they have by far the best fashion of all the gangs and this alone elevates them high above the rest morally

gold stretch limos: tacky

faux catholic guilt tattoos: tacky

velvet waitsjackets over sweaty potbellies: tacky

why can't they get on akira or rammstein tech?

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
What is this status effect with the three down arrows?

The game should be clearer with status effects imo. Well, I guess they also don't matter that much, most of the time

e: hmm this page number is ok, but previous one was better

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Status effects show up with details somewhere in the menu, I think the character page?

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

2house2fly posted:

Status effects show up with details somewhere in the menu, I think the character page?

Hmm nothing in there for me in any of the tabs/sub-screens. Can't remember ever seeing proper descriptions of status effects in-game

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The weapon wheel shows you your current status effects, though I imagine it's common for PC players to go through the entire game without realizing that, for obvious reasons. I didn't.

....but not that particular one, according to google.

The arrows are probably shared by multiple things but if you have bolt it might be that:

quote:

Those are for Bolt; If you did Bolt right you get three arrows pointing right. If you did it too early they point down, if you did it too late they point up.

Or if you have system collapse it might be the cost reduction for reducing trace progress.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 18, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Audo Drive mod

If this works anything like Roach's auto-gallop feature from Witcher 3 I'm gonna use it. Driving is fun but it's more fun riding in a car and looking out the window as the world goes by.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Current fit check after upgrading basically all my cyberware to tier 2

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Still sad that the best pair of pants in the game are V's starter pants.

Well maybe not sad, black leather slim cuts go with everything.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Waffleman_ posted:

Current fit check after upgrading basically all my cyberware to tier 2

Good fit.

Speaking of, I grabbed a mod that expands the wardrobe system a lot, for instance giving you more outfit slots and the ability to name them. I may have gotten a bit carried away with it.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 19, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arc Hammer posted:

My V spent a lot of time in gym shorts originally because it was the best pants I could find so it was like she was getting a lot of gigs on the way to and from the gym.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Nordick posted:

Good fit.

Speaking of, I grabbed a mod that expands the wardrobe system a lot, for instance giving you more outfit slots and the ability to name them. I may have gotten a bit carried away with it.

I'd have gone with Randy Savage by Tex Avery

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Nordick posted:

Good fit.

Please prove me right that ‘Really Weird Detective’ is your closest in-game approximation to Harry DuBois

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Please prove me right that ‘Really Weird Detective’ is your closest in-game approximation to Harry DuBois

It isn't, but now that you mentioned it I'll absolutely have to try and make one.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Audo Drive mod

If this works anything like Roach's auto-gallop feature from Witcher 3 I'm gonna use it. Driving is fun but it's more fun riding in a car and looking out the window as the world goes by.

That's really cool and may be the incentive to dive into the PL playthrough I still haven't done - was waiting for the changes to settle down.

Are there more big changes planned? Have they said anything?

Fake edit: Interview with 2.0 director says:

quote:

“Yes. We're done,” Amatangelo told me.

But, he added: “It's possible that there's some other little thing that comes in here or there, just because, as you're kind of messing around with stuff, sometimes you discover something that is not a high risk. Or it's easy to integrate. Or, you know, some developers have some bandwidth.

“Then they bring it to me. I'm like, ‘All right, well, I trust you that it isn't going to mess with your other work…So let's give it a go.”

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Steal Vehicles - Drive To Own Any Car - With Removal Tool is a cool way to get random cars added to your garage, better than buying them through mod-added browser vendors and stuff. Like the car? Keep it!

Looked through recent mods and there are still a lot of cool new gameplay mods coming in. Enough to keep waiting some more before diving back in.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Arc Hammer posted:

Audo Drive mod

Give me the cinematic cam GTA and RDR use.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

Johnny's pants are similar IIRC

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

My V spent a lot of time in gym shorts originally because it was the best pants I could find so it was like she was getting a lot of gigs on the way to and from the gym.

My lady-V's most used outfit when she was a gorilla arms spec was a camo crop top, cargo pants, and combat boots. Was a cool look.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Side cap + aviators is a v. powerful combo and I tend to gravitate to it for a lot of outfits

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I actually kind of like enemies having more HP in Very Hard, because it makes me feel like I'm getting more use out of high damage output. Like I actually need the wild DPS you can achieve with some builds.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Nordick posted:

Good fit.

I need to see the rest

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Ytlaya posted:

I actually kind of like enemies having more HP in Very Hard, because it makes me feel like I'm getting more use out of high damage output. Like I actually need the wild DPS you can achieve with some builds.

Yeah it's exactly this for me as well. I started another playthrough to check how the stealth pistol stuff works and it's been fun slowly building up to it. This particular build is slightly annoying at first, before you get a good gun (Death & Taxes), but after that it becomes real nice. On Very Hard you need to execute reasonably well and if you mess up, the enemies are usually capable of hurting you back

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

The worst feeling is when you think you have a nice stealth headshot lined up, but then they survive at like 1HP and blow the alarm.

I do like it when some enemies are tough enough to survive a stealth attack, because it forces me to make a different plan (even if it's just the usual lure + takedown or sonic shock + silenced Problem Solver BRRRRRRR). But I'd like to be able to consistently tell, in a similar way to to the skull icons.

Right now I have a playstyle of not reloading if I miss a headshot and alert enemies, but quickload if I do headshot them and they unexpectedly survive.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Depending on the gun (and how quickly it fires), shouldn't it prevent the alarm if you get off a follow-up shot and have that one first-tier Cool perk?

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Yeah I haven't had issues, using that early perk in Cool. There's also the Sonic Shock quickhack which can help, it does the same thing but has a much longer duration (and it doesn't start a trace).

I've been recording some of my early fumbling gameplay, was thinking of putting it on Youtube in case someone is interested in low level stealth. Well, gently caress it, here's a preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP9ylhip8Gw

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
In Phantom Liberty I do wish there were more moments where Songbird interacts with Johnny. I know that they put in a narrative reason why they couldn't (too much strain on the Relic could kill V) but the brief moment where Johnny has an unwanted roommate and V is having a seizure is great.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm about to sneak into the industrial park and even being here is giving me flashbacks to when this stymied me in my first playthrough. I had at least one nightmare about it lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VozHU2KaVSY

You can't really do this anymore in 2.0 but the hyper aggressive netrunner builds from 1.5 - 1.6 could do insane things. This is like Songbird levels of mass death with a casual walk.