Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

what happened on this raw i didn't watch

The Kliq beat up FTR to a bored and aggravated audience that wasn't given matches or segments outside of what was shown on TV so they sat in arena doing, nothing i guess while portions of RAW aired from a larger arena nearby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

JOHN CENA posted:

what happened on this raw i didn't watch

I think Raw was divided between the Manhattan center and MSG and what they had at MC was really poor. That’s all I remember. I wonder who the five guys KA is mad at are.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lol the fans at that show paid out the nose to watch RAW on a TV and then see DX and the Undertaker wander out to the ring.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
The MC crowd also got like a couple of super short matches that happened during commercial breaks on RAW.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
And every single one never missed a network payment.

Edit: Punk is still funny

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1295071775924146177?s=19

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

I think Raw was divided between the Manhattan center and MSG and what they had at MC was really poor. That’s all I remember. I wonder who the five guys KA is mad at are.

I would guess Hunter, Hall, Nash, Kid, and Shawn

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

IIRC someone said here that Waltman was the only one to show any sort of gratitude or respect towards them.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Former ROH champion Xavier died

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=138774

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

holy poo poo. i just watched his crazy match against John Walters a few weeks ago. I was really pumped to see him on that ROH past and present show.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Critical posted:

the loving dingbat thinks loyalty means something when it's been demonstrated for years that vince will toss you off the train as soon as you slow down shoveling the coal

Or if you're shoveling the coal too well, and the train is going along at a nice clip and everyone's comfortable and happy, then Vince will come right along and derail that fucker like he was Snidely Whiplash

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Huntman posted:

holy poo poo. i just watched his crazy match against John Walters a few weeks ago. I was really pumped to see him on that ROH past and present show.

Initially read this as John Waters and thought,"Wow, early ROH really was a chaotic time :stare:"

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I remember Waters' famous quote "If you go to someones house and they don't have any Coliseum Videos don't gently caress them."

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Tama_Tonga/status/1295168031849508865?s=19

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

hunnert car pileup posted:

IIRC someone said here that Waltman was the only one to show any sort of gratitude or respect towards them.
He's had his ups and downs but I think that moment at CHIKARA where the fans were cheering for him as the 1-2-3 Kid against El Generico was one of the turning points in his life when he started to get his poo poo together and realize he has a lot to pass on. He's seemed incredibly humble since then and probably one of the most honest and open guys in wrestling since that moment.

I don't know the circumstances surrounding him at the time, but fans unironically screaming for his original gimmick, dogging on him for the Broncho Buster as "That's Not PG" and him just putting on the match of his career when he probably expected this to be just another shindie putting him on the card for name recognition might have turned his whole life around.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 17, 2020

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'll never get used to handsome Tama.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Huntman posted:

Oh god, that loving Fight Without Honor at Final Battle 2003 was sick. Just brutal.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1294997242466537472

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I miss Sami so much

https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1295426803163594755?s=19

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Steen and Generico go to the AEW Tag Division please

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pinche Rudo posted:

Steen and Generico go to the AEW Tag Division please

Steen just signed a new contract. I honestly don't know why.

RealFoxy posted:

He's had his ups and downs but I think that moment at CHIKARA where the fans were cheering for him as the 1-2-3 Kid

It's also the moment where a lot of people were saying "X-Pac heat isn't real! Everybody always loved him!"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Steen just signed a new contract. I honestly don't know why.

It's also the moment where a lot of people were saying "X-Pac heat isn't real! Everybody always loved him!"

It's been mentioned before but Steen's son is autistic, he might want to keep up the current way his family's life works for stability reasons; a lot of the autistic kids I've worked with thrive on routine and strongly dislike change.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I thought he re-signed back in 2018 to a 5 year contract, I can think of a lot that's changed in wrestling in those 2 years.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Never fault anyone for taking the money. Always fault WWE for their lovely work environment.

Hope this helps.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Dango Bango posted:

Never fault anyone for taking the money. Always fault WWE for their lovely work environment.

Hope this helps.

:emptyquote:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Dango Bango posted:

Hope this helps.

:hai:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gumball Gumption posted:

I thought he re-signed back in 2018 to a 5 year contract, I can think of a lot that's changed in wrestling in those 2 years.

yeah a quick google tells me he re-signed in April or May of 2018, well before the AEW buzz could have started

Sami and Bryan are probably the two biggest names closest to free agency (not counting Rey I guess), but their deals have another year on them yet.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sami and Bryan are resigning

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sami I could absolutely see leaving depending on how he gets treated for sitting these past few months out. Bryan will re-sign because it's the least effort.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sami Vayn would never leave WWE no matter what

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If Sami and Bryan resign then that's great news because it means they won't re-sign

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’m pretty sure Steen is one of those guys whose life goal was to get to WWE and he has always had some sort of push and had consistently been in the upper midcard. He would be utilized better anywhere else but it wouldn’t shock me if he’s happy with his current spot.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Steen's a WWE lifer it was just wishful thinking. But hey on his next contract negotiation he can use his long time friendship with the Bucks as leverage to get more money out of Vince so good for him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I sure do love him

https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1295743570083749888

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just came to post this. BIG YEEHAW

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

DELETED

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Someone told him he shouldn't meme genocide and I guess he agreed?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tony khan sez don't be against genocide, support domestic abuse and transphobia. monay!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

IcePhoenix posted:

yeah a quick google tells me he re-signed in April or May of 2018, well before the AEW buzz could have started

Sami and Bryan are probably the two biggest names closest to free agency (not counting Rey I guess), but their deals have another year on them yet.

I could see Sami just leaving wrestling altogether after WWE to be honest

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Cavauro posted:

tony khan sez don't be against genocide, support domestic abuse and transphobia. monay!
And if you sexually assault a waitress, just take a month off! All will be forgiven 🙏

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Judging by your avatar running for president also works.