Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Japan only, definitely not gonna replace the goofy looking thing we have here :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

So I sometimes luck out and seem to find pre production cars charging near my house.
Last night, I spotted a Ioniq5 N.
I got some more info from the driver and he said they use the loop near my house 1)because its so close to the highway exit, and 2) because where i live is an awesome place for high altitude and cold weather testing.
So that is why I keep seeing weird cars with some form of camo covering them.

This thing looks mean. The stance is awesome and I love how its lower and way wider than the regular ioniq5 I drove.
I think I might be in love.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Franco Caution posted:

So what is that thing vs the thing we have?
https://www.toyota.com/crown/
Will this eventually update to the new thing? Or is that completely different?

Short answer is the US version is a slightly lifted version of this JDM model, probably with different drivetrain options.

Japan

USA

Other form factors still to come, as per the original 'New Crown' launch earlier.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Short answer is the US version is a slightly lifted version of this JDM model, probably with different drivetrain options.

Japan

USA

Other form factors still to come, as per the original 'New Crown' launch earlier.

It is amazing how much worse it looks without the nice, flat beltline.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

tetrapyloctomy posted:

It is amazing how much worse it looks without the nice, flat beltline.

That, cladding, uglier wheels, weird geometry on the door.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Japan

USA

They sell the Crossover in Japan too, and also a smaller 'Sport' Crossover.

The new Sedan version is a different vehicle entirely, longitudinal engine whereas the other are transverse and a longer wheelbase.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Japan

USA

Jesus, the JDM car is just SO much better. Dammit.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Japan

USA

I think these are unique models, that's how they're presented in the press brief

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/37540641.html

It's possible the crown sedan is merely a stretched chassis, but color me skeptical until more details are released. Exterior sheet metal looks notably different as does the rear quarter window thing

It sure does make for a sexy replacement to the old BMW 7 series though. This is pretty close to what I had hoped for with the latest 7 series refresh

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

LOL at this act of war.
We get what we loving deserve.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

dissss posted:

They sell the Crossover in Japan too, and also a smaller 'Sport' Crossover.

The new Sedan version is a different vehicle entirely, longitudinal engine whereas the other are transverse and a longer wheelbase.

Hadlock posted:

I think these are unique models, that's how they're presented in the press brief

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/37540641.html

Yep - the Crown family has multiple vehicles in Japan. The crossover one looks dumb, but I also wield a strong, burning hatred for the lifted BMW/Mercedes “coupes” of the same genre. I’ve seen them in person, the details on that (and the new Prius) are nice but I just don’t like the whole of it.

The taxis were based on an older version, the Crown lineage continued forever. They updated that from the four-door sedan to the Toyota JPN Taxi which are quite nice and much more purpose-built for the job.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Franco Caution posted:

So I sometimes luck out and seem to find pre production cars charging near my house.
Last night, I spotted a Ioniq5 N.
I got some more info from the driver and he said they use the loop near my house 1)because its so close to the highway exit, and 2) because where i live is an awesome place for high altitude and cold weather testing.
So that is why I keep seeing weird cars with some form of camo covering them.

This thing looks mean. The stance is awesome and I love how its lower and way wider than the regular ioniq5 I drove.
I think I might be in love.

Compare and contrast that paint style on the petrol N range and it looks like garbage. I've never really been a fan of the 5 because it's a third bigger than the styling suggests but this lick of paint makes it look worse.

Anyway more terrible car poo poo:

https://twitter.com/YAMA_Mikan0308/status/1720726554647711995?t=0qWJCY2n4OnwsNIucSYX3A&s=19

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I agree, Hyundai's performance blue is ugly :v:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Japanese there is appreciably “y’all see where they made the cut for the trunk lol”

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I saw a crown in a parking lot here and it's an interesting looking car, but the wheels are 21 inch on what is basically a fat prius.

I looked it up and they're 225/45R21 Basically the same size as a 235/75R15 just with way less sidewall.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

loving why? Did engineers in Japan just end up saying "Could we? Do you actually think we could cut the trunk hole like maniacs? We should try"

This seems so overwhelming complicated vs just a normal hatch

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Franco Caution posted:

loving why? Did engineers in Japan just end up saying "Could we? Do you actually think we could cut the trunk hole like maniacs? We should try"

This seems so overwhelming complicated vs just a normal hatch

lmao that tweet was marked "sensitive media".

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Midjack posted:

lmao that tweet was marked "sensitive media".

Children or the faint of heart should not be exposed to explicit images of like a half-liftback-normal-car-trunk chimera

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Image classified as of a tortured object. Click to view.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Speaking of terrible car poo poo, they brought a cybertruck to a cars and coffee:

Just loving lol. Guarantee the poorly applied wrap is to hide how loving bad the panels look after more than 20 minutes outside.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just fill the gaps with some caulking no one will notice

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

This is my favorite one. Can't wait to see more of these at the end of the month.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is that the 2024 Giant Piece of poo poo I've been hearing about?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It sure is

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

mobby_6kl posted:

:hmmyes:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sab669 posted:

This is my favorite one. Can't wait to see more of these at the end of the month.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Well at least it's symmetrical with the driver side.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Microns are bigger than i thought.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

I seriously almost fell out of my chair at those pics. loving LOL
I dont see anything varying more than 10 microns. Those gaps are TIGHT! Also dying at the wrap already bubbling/lifting up as the A pillar piece is rubbing against it.
Please actually start delivering these at the end of November to customers. I need the comedy.

Franco Caution fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 6, 2023

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

That A Pilar shot is bonkers. This looks like a loving kit car or something Robert Downey Jr built in a desert cave from scrap.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Serious kit car vibes, yeah. Even if quality at scale is poo poo, how is that the vehicle you show off. gently caress 10 microns, 10 millimeters would be generous.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

fknlo posted:

Speaking of terrible car poo poo, they brought a cybertruck to a cars and coffee:

Just loving lol. Guarantee the poorly applied wrap is to hide how loving bad the panels look after more than 20 minutes outside.

dogshit on 4 wheels (for now)

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Wistful of Dollars posted:

dogshit on 4 wheels (for now)

And those 4 wheels are hideous

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

mobby_6kl posted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans

This is what happens when you mix genuine legos and knockoff bricks.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

still seems optimistic

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/RoadandTrack/status/1721564379311677555?t=eKTzYHzN9Kj0Q4L9YhYRFQ&s=19

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Article posted:

And no, there are no plans to sell this truck in the United States, although it will be sold in Mexico.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Shame, that would be a great platform for dealers to slap an $8000 ADM on.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

What's the link? Twitter is down for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Sab669 posted:

What's the link? Twitter is down for me

A $10k truck from Toyota