Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

mycatscrimes posted:

bluey vs sephiroth

"I fear my evil plan to dominate multiple timelines has gone too far."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Sephiroth's hosed the minute the Grannies come out.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

mycot posted:

but I think for some people it's just fun to argue that The Eric Andre show takes place in hell.

And Hannibal is The Devil.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

gundam wing has the scene where wufei loses a swordfight so he immediately walks off a boat and sinks into the ocean

hey, who among us hasn't been there?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Endorph posted:

ant man 2 certainly didnt make me content

That's because it was contant.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I like it when writing is good, instead of bad.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

TuxedoOrca posted:

And Hannibal is The Devil.

i already know he's a landlord

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheMightyBoops posted:

Bluey is licensed by Disney in the US at least, and Kingdom Hearts exists.

I feel like having The Hundred Acre Wood and Bluey in the games would be too much but I'm sure Sora would be a fun babysitter so it'd probably be fine.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 17, 2024

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Sora: I'm not a hater-

Bandit, arm in front: I am

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Miniminuteman's channel is really good, even if he makes terrible decisions regarding facial hair.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

tbf if you look at the etymology media also feels like too high praise for the mcu

lmao

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Endorph posted:

this. remember when the lobster guy cried. A+.
was he watching another disney movie or just thinking about single white men again

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

pouring one out for all the parents who were forced to watch paw patrol when their kids were little

in contrast, chuckling about Kamen Rider Kuuga twenty four years ago getting a huge fanbase of young moms who put their kids down in front of the tv on Sunday mornings and were pleasantly surprised to find the lead actors were hot guys

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thats most kamen rider seasons honestly

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

yeah definitely but feels like kuuga is where the tradition started

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Runa posted:

pouring one out for all the parents who were forced to watch paw patrol when their kids were little

in contrast, chuckling about Kamen Rider Kuuga twenty four years ago getting a huge fanbase of young moms who put their kids down in front of the tv on Sunday mornings and were pleasantly surprised to find the lead actors were hot guys

This was also why Choji Sentai Jetman did so well because the moms loved themselves Gai.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Runa posted:

It’s not a huge deal. There’s phones and Nintendo switch now.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Runa posted:

yeah definitely but feels like kuuga is where the tradition started

the phenomenon is named after Jo Odagiri and, hell, yeah.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Dawgstar posted:

This was also why Choji Sentai Jetman did so well because the moms loved themselves Gai.

I mean,

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

moms in japan love two things: Kamen Rider, and Dragon Gate Pro Wrestling

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alaois posted:

moms in japan love two things: Kamen Rider, and Dragon Gate Pro Wrestling

Three; Gundam SEED.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/AesirAesthetics/status/1791263174353715251?t=ts0siem2wghiP11kuwNr5g&s=19

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

It's funny the difference between Somerton and IH's response to the initial hbomb video, IH knows his audience absolutely will not give a poo poo (if they ever even hear about it) so he's done exactly nothing and just carried on.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kinda related to hbomb's video, but Illuminaughtii have apparently stopped posting for over two months. But I still see some channels posting even newer updates about her controversy, so she must still be doing something elsewhere.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no those people are just drama youtube vultures

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Kinda related to hbomb's video, but Illuminaughtii have apparently stopped posting for over two months. But I still see some channels posting even newer updates about her controversy, so she must still be doing something elsewhere.

I'm assuming she just dumped out the videos she'd already got in production and has moved on to some other grift. And yeah, what Endorph said, the people that follow around the drama youtube human centipede and eat it's leavings are doing their thing.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

The MSJ posted:

Iirc she's currently getting her rear end handed to her in a court of law for suing someone for something real stupid

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Fil5000 posted:

It's funny the difference between Somerton and IH's response to the initial hbomb video, IH knows his audience absolutely will not give a poo poo (if they ever even hear about it) so he's done exactly nothing and just carried on.

Yeah televangelists and fake psychics revealed the way to make it through these sorts of situations decades ago: if you get exposed as a fraud, just pretend you didn't.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Fil5000 posted:

IH's audience is most definitely aware but they'll just post some unflattering screenshots and call him "SoyBomberguy" and be done with it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
IH's audience sees IH's ability to profit from theft as an expression of laudable dominance and virility.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think "just ignore it" works because most people dont actually care about that kind of thing. they just want to see, the content.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

somertons issue is that he had branded himself as the Most Important and Truth Speaking guy who truly understood queer issues. Internet Historian is just some guy who talks about poo poo.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think "just ignore it" works because most people dont actually care about that kind of thing. they just want to see, the content.

Yeah, I think it's worth remembering how little the internet at large cares about internet drama. I'm sure plenty of IH's viewers are reactionary shitters, but most are closer to the disconnected, disinterested moderates of the online world. Keep your head down, don't engage with the issue, and keep the content flowing and they don't give a poo poo.

loving JonTron still has 6.5 million subs.

Endorph posted:

somertons issue is that he had branded himself as the Most Important and Truth Speaking guy who truly understood queer issues. Internet Historian is just some guy who talks about poo poo.

Agreed, also this. Somerton picked a niche that made it a lot harder to just duck the problem. Of course, he still found new and innovative ways to swallow his own foot.

Edit: you'd think a self-proclaimed marking expert would handle RP better since they're so closely related. But I guess that's the old Mitch Hedberg "Can you farm?" joke.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 17, 2024

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
so we're doing this again

https://twitter.com/MrBeast/status/1791203929927086228

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah, I think it's worth remembering how little the internet at large cares about internet drama. I'm sure plenty of IH's viewers are reactionary shitters, but most are closer to the disconnected, disinterested moderates of the online world. Keep your head down, don't engage with the issue, and keep the content flowing and they don't give a poo poo.

loving JonTron still has 6.5 million subs.

Agreed, also this. Somerton picked a niche that made it a lot harder to just duck the problem. Of course, he still found new and innovative ways to swallow his own foot.

Edit: you'd think a self-proclaimed marking expert would handle RP better since they're so closely related. But I guess that's the old Mitch Hedberg "Can you farm?" joke.

I first encountered IH via the Costa Concordia video which has nothing obviously lovely in it, it was only after that that the algorithm started showing me his "tee hee look how based /pol is" stuff.

Also IH seems to be doing what he does for money and/or enjoyment whereas Somerton wanted to be Important and listened to. Which is why he keeps trying to sneak back into the discourse in an increasingly large fake mustache.

Oh no this is going to be as tiresome as when Pewdiepie got his fans doing this poo poo.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Fil5000 posted:

I first encountered IH via the Costa Concordia video which has nothing obviously lovely in it, it was only after that that the algorithm started showing me his "tee hee look how based /pol is" stuff.

Also IH seems to be doing what he does for money and/or enjoyment whereas Somerton wanted to be Important and listened to. Which is why he keeps trying to sneak back into the discourse in an increasingly large fake mustache.

Oh no this is going to be as tiresome as when Pewdiepie got his fans doing this poo poo.
Same. The Costa Concordia video was an entertaining listen and didn't know he was apparently a chud.

Is Wang a goon? I've seen him narrate goon drama before which made me a bit curious.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Panfilo posted:

Same. The Costa Concordia video was an entertaining listen and didn't know he was apparently a chud.

Is Wang a goon? I've seen him narrate goon drama before which made me a bit curious.

He at least was a former one, and he has been sponsored by Something Awful in a few of his recent ones.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

IH defenders also kept repeating the lie that he got permission to use the article which made it easier for people not as tuned in to think it was a whole lot of nothing if they came across it. Even if Somerton had a similar rabid fanbase or people with an ax to grind due to hbomb's politics it's a lot harder to repeat a lie like that when he plagiarized so frequently from so many sources.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MrBeast: "What can I do instead of enjoying my wealth and spending my precious time on earth with my loved ones? I need content... that's it!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mr Beast is going to win.