Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

snypin this thread to say that the video where he hacks open a rotten coconut with a katana is objectively the best one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davestones
May 7, 2009

Glorgnole posted:

snypin this thread to say that the video where he hacks open a rotten coconut with a katana is objectively the best one

Is that the one where he goes gibbegibbegibbe for about 5 minutes and then starts retching uncontrollably?

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Haverchuck posted:

I like the video where, within the first 10 seconds, we see that he has a slice of bread floating in the toilet

which one is that

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

davestones posted:

Is that the one where he goes gibbegibbegibbe for about 5 minutes and then starts retching uncontrollably?
I think that's the "special Christmas Turkey for Obama", which is an epic in four parts. The convulsions and vomiting appear as the denouement to the fourth chapter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFjSGalLmE0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35OZbXO3QcQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnYqyevgBwI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7kxxGODhVw

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
the first masaoki video i saw was 'do as i say, not as i do' and he was really poignant in that and i just never know if i should take him at face value because if he wasn't really in despair at his messy house he's a pretty good actor, even inside that loving gas mask, which made me laugh a bit until i started picking up what he was saying

LudwigVon Lugnuts
May 15, 2005

When the hell did I put Greenman on?!!
He thinks egg "whites" are the shells.

He tries to cook them, or melt them, or mix them into something. All the while saying things like, "I don't understand why people like these things".

Watching this happen was really mind blowing and hard to understand how a person like this exists.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i loved how his christmas thing video ends with him choking and retching while saying "merry christmas"

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the one where he complains about plumbers and forgets about the coffee he was making, and when he comes back it's steaming all over the place and the video ends abruptly mid cursing

----------------

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e7kxxGODhVw#t=363

still makes me laugh

----------------

LudwigVon Lugnuts
May 15, 2005

Ahh, yes, when he washes out the hotdog-cake pan with Pert

LudwigVon Lugnuts fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 24, 2014

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010

Straker posted:

if anyone has any further masaokis questions, i know everything about him without being weird and poaching his videos for youtube views :engleft:

so is he really an international lawyer with a wife and another house or what?

I have a feeling he wouldnt be a very good lawyer.

or maybe the best lawyer

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

Straker posted:

if anyone has any further masaokis questions, i know everything about him without being weird and poaching his videos for youtube views :engleft:

Seriously what's the story with this guy? I watched these years ago but never found out if he was actually retarded or if it was a joke or what.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

sleepness posted:

Seriously what's the story with this guy? I watched these years ago but never found out if he was actually retarded or if it was a joke or what.

the way i heard it he has kind of a dual life. in one he's a well paid international lawyer who learned nothing about the everyday mechanics of daily life because he is a high functioning autistic who used his rainman powers learning the minutia of law (or something?) and on the other he has this house where he goes to get hosed up on drugs and alcohol and makes cooking videos that clearly display the fact that he doesn't understand the most basic concepts of cooking and fire safety and cleanliness because he makes a good income and has always had someone else to do those things for him

i can almost believe this narrative if only because i've seen how people can live under the influence of substance abuse, mental illness or the dreaded combo of self-medicating mental illness with substances

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
I seriously hope we learn the answers to the Masakois mystery in my lifetime.

Straker
Nov 10, 2005

Ignoarints posted:

so is he really an international lawyer with a wife and another house or what?

I have a feeling he wouldnt be a very good lawyer.

or maybe the best lawyer
He was married until like 2008, so basically these videos were made starting when he first had to start taking care of himself and didn't know how to do anything, I imagine that explains a lot. You'll notice he gets halfway competent at super basic stuff in the most recent videos, which is a huge part of why he stopped making videos, they just got kinda boring because it was like "look at me make toast" or "i'm going to make some rice" and it turned out perfectly edible; what's the point? I think he took a few user requests and then just sorta trailed off.

And lawyers are to philosophers as accountants are to economists and engineers are to physicists, why couldn't he be an amazing lawyer? He doesn't have to innovate, just remember tons of dumb loving rules in his chosen specialty and be good at reading. Most lawyers just proofread contracts and other boring poo poo all day, they aren't Phoenix Wright. Sometimes they don't even have to do real lawyer work, they just have to be licensed to be able to do certain work/touch certain documents, like the way any retard with at least a secret clearance can make good money doing lovely work, just because it takes money/time on someone's behalf to get the clearance and there aren't that many of them. He knows English and (at least guttural quebecois) French, and is likely at least conversational in Italian and Japanese.

sleepness posted:

He's definitely real but he's not retarded :(

Remember he used to post tons on those hockey forums too but I dunno if those are archived or deleted or still publicly accessible or what the deal is.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The threads are still active on the forum, but the majority of the (incredible) pictures have been lost to time.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Straker posted:

He was married until like 2008,

He is still married. He talked about the relationship recently, I wish I could link you a post. the jist of it is that they break up and make up frequently, she does the cleaning, etc. etc.

Funny this thread come up today, I just put together Special Christmas Turkey together into one single video last night, no one here linked it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYBsPv_BtOE

I'm gonna shut this off for now, Merry Christmas everyone

parthenocarpy fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 25, 2014

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

parthenocarpy posted:

He is still married. He talked about the relationship recently, I wish I could link you a post. the jist of it is that they break up and make up frequently, she does the cleaning, etc. etc.

Funny this thread come up today, I just put together Special Christmas Turkey together into one single video last night, no one here linked it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYBsPv_BtOE

I'm gonna shut this off for now, Merry Christmas everyone

Masaokis Expert

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i like that when theres a fire his first instinct is to turn off obama

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Ehh gibbe gibbe

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1kbzXuT45g

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

FuhrerHat posted:

Hahaha yep, I love that too. It's almost like he's thinking he has to turn it off or else his neighbors might hear it when he opens the door to throw the flaming pot in the snow.

Can you imagine being Masaokis' neighbor?

goodnight mooned
Aug 2, 2007

I like the one where he walks in the snow. He talks about how every year the leaves fall off the trees and how maybe this will be the year they don't grow back

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

parthenocarpy posted:

Ehh gibbe gibbe

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

LudwigVon Lugnuts posted:

If you want to make a smoothie the ingredients are:

unpeeled tangerine
unpeeled banana
mayonnaise
canned tuna fish
sambuca

I watch these with my wife when we get drunk. It helps with the shock factor, I think. It's pretty great.
I downloaded them all prior to Maso shutting down his youtube and deleting the vids. Had a torrent set up in the past. Are these back online or does some other goon still have them up?

You were the one who archived them originally, correct?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Making mushrooms taste like bacon was actually a pretty sweet idea. Totally worked! Never thought I'd get a cooking idea from a Masaokis video :stare:

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

Straker posted:

He doesn't have to innovate, just remember tons of dumb loving rules in his chosen specialty and be good at reading. Most lawyers just proofread contracts and other boring poo poo all day, they aren't Phoenix Wright.

Yea, International Law, especially has tons of jobs where it's all about the paperwork and very, very rarely would involve an actual courtroom appearance.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
There was one thing he made that turned out really well for him; a ham, mustard and spinach sandwich.
Oh! And noodles. Noodles in the ham and mustard sandwich. And the bread was mouldy. But he really seemed to enjoy it, and I've wanted to make that sandwich ever since I saw how much Masaokis enjoyed it.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Haverchuck posted:

Masaokis Expert

masaokiologist

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

gggiiimmmppp posted:

masaokiologist

Psychologist

Erotic Thomas
Apr 22, 2010

FuhrerHat posted:

What's the story with the midget

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Making mushrooms taste like bacon was actually a pretty sweet idea. Totally worked! Never thought I'd get a cooking idea from a Masaokis video :stare:
Googled, read up on this, gonna try it myself.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

My favorite goes back to the confusion with egg anatomy.

"I need an egg white."
*goes to bathroom, cracks egg, dumps contents in toilet, holds up empty shell.*
"Eh, good."

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
This thread is like 3 months old but all of masaoki's poo poo is old so whats it matter, anyway i was checking out more of his clips and saw he has some "new" channel, here's one where he's trying to figure out plumbing. He can't figure out how the water "magically" starts in his shower and is apparently going to rip up the tiles but first he's hungry!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozHDLRjLHkM

I guesss he's used to that bathroom cause i dont know how you could get hungry in there also lol frying pan under the toilet. Guy must be awesome to know

somebody said theres a pic of him in a reflection and i heard mention of a fedora, im curious

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Toilet Mysteries

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Drunk & Ugly posted:

This thread is like 3 months old but all of masaoki's poo poo is old so whats it matter, anyway i was checking out more of his clips and saw he has some "new" channel, here's one where he's trying to figure out plumbing. He can't figure out how the water "magically" starts in his shower and is apparently going to rip up the tiles but first he's hungry!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozHDLRjLHkM

I guesss he's used to that bathroom cause i dont know how you could get hungry in there also lol frying pan under the toilet. Guy must be awesome to know

somebody said theres a pic of him in a reflection and i heard mention of a fedora, im curious

Many videos have him going to get cooking implements out of his bathtub/shower. Somethign tells me that he had the most bachelor brainstorm: If he washes himself while he washes his pots he'll use less water.

LudwigVon Lugnuts
May 15, 2005

parthenocarpy posted:

You were the one who archived them originally, correct?

Yes Sir. I think I had just started to download youtubes at the time. I was unemployed, wife was working. I would download them so I could stream to my living room tv while we were eating dinner.

After watching a couple, I just spent a day pulling them all down. Good thing too since I guess b/c of us goons he pretty quickly shut it down after that, iirc.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

My favorite Masaokis quote "There's no reason you can't pick yourself up by the feet and pull your feet into the air and fly around"

LudwigVon Lugnuts
May 15, 2005

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

My favorite Masaokis quote "There's no reason you can't pick yourself up by the feet and pull your feet into the air and fly around"

Didn't he try, right after that? I gotta be honest. Dude almost convinced me that it would work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

parthenocarpy posted:

Ehh gibbe gibbe

I can not find a video in which he does this

• Locked thread