Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Contra Calculus posted:

I don't know, but googling furries and watch dogs got me this image:

who the gently caress pays for hentai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Gobblecoque posted:

these kind of retards pop up whenever some new game that's clearly going to be trash comes out. i remember that before dragon age 2 came out they had a separate prerelease thread that was isolated from criticism of the game for the handful of babies who thought it was actually going to not suck

haha, games is the worst forum

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I'm trying to remember if I was ever interested in this game. I don't think so. They kind of made it clear it would be mediocre at best from the start.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Sandbox games are the future... Now!

I was super excited the first time I saw a teaser about this game. I thought it was going to be more Deus Ex and less poo poo.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Gobblecoque posted:

these kind of retards pop up whenever some new game that's clearly going to be trash comes out. i remember that before dragon age 2 came out they had a separate prerelease thread that was isolated from criticism of the game for the handful of babies who thought it was actually going to not suck

Noted terrible opinion haver 'Pick' continues to defend it and will often spend much time and many words to convince dumb impressionable goons to waste money on it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

No Such Thing posted:

Noted terrible opinion haver 'Pick' continues to defend it and will often spend much time and many words to convince dumb impressionable goons to waste money on it.

thats cool

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Cyra posted:

haha, games is the worst forum

this one is miraculously worse.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

it is not.

it is ice cold

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

elf help book posted:

Other games are also boring garbage, it doesn't matter if this one is as well. gently caress the haters, preorder while you still can!

i love you elf. might want to be a tad more insidious and subtle but i guess then it'd be identical to actual Games posters.

maybe something like

"Other sandbox games have repetitive boring copy+pasted stuff too, it doesn't matter if this one has that too because those are still fun. as long as there is crazy shenanigans with hacking and plays like assassin's creed without parkour and detailed historical settings (which are boring imo), it'll still be fun since it's like the most perfect dickbag simulator ever. so gently caress the haters that are just mad that it's not exactly like Deus Ex + Sleeping Dogs :qq:. Jump on the preorder for the sweet Blume Agent trenchcoat outfit, it looks rad :colbert:"

Xaris fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 25, 2014

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
uh oh ddrd is leakin

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 25, 2014

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Like precum from my dick because this thread is really sexy

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
good avatar/thread combo then

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

No Such Thing posted:

She's really bad and loves the Dragon Age games because of the "cute characters" and gay shipping.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Also tirelessly defends her yaoi webcomic online.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Billboard meme's.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

man if you want cute characters and gay shipping go play a jrpg

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

the best part of da2 was the part where it was referenced in the alpha protocol title because they thought that lovely game being better than a super lovely game was some sort of accomplishment

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

man if you want cute characters and gay shipping go play a jrpg

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Alpha Protofail.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Also tirelessly defends her yaoi webcomic online.

Good.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

its not bad, a little generic but some of the hacking abilities are pretty fun and make chases and stuff neat. there's tons of side missions and poo poo to do and some of them are fun (the convoy stuff is good + fun) but yeah the world is pretty bland and whatever and i'm sure the story is also kinda butts but its better than AC3 and like a 60/100 (like an 85/100 if we're doing magazine scores)

like theres a couple missions where you sneak/shoot up gang hideouts and its fun to roll up and make everything explode through the security cams with your magic hacker phone then walk in shooting dudes. the gunplay/action bit is actually one of the better parts of the game

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

its not bad, a little generic but some of the hacking abilities are pretty fun and make chases and stuff neat. there's tons of side missions and poo poo to do and some of them are fun (the convoy stuff is good + fun) but yeah the world is pretty bland and whatever and i'm sure the story is also kinda butts but its better than AC3 and like a 60/100 (like an 85/100 if we're doing magazine scores)

like theres a couple missions where you sneak/shoot up gang hideouts and its fun to roll up and make everything explode through the security cams with your magic hacker phone then walk in shooting dudes. the gunplay/action bit is actually one of the better parts of the game

that sounds ok

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Maybe I'll get it in 6 months when nobody cares about it any more and it's dirt cheap.

Anyways, related to my last post:

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

the best part of da2 was the part where it was referenced in the alpha protocol title because they thought that lovely game being better than a super lovely game was some sort of accomplishment

alpha protocol was actually kind of good though

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Contra Calculus posted:

alpha protocol was actually kind of good though

I respectfully disagree

the stuff they did with the factions and stuff was kinda neat but the plot was boilerplate spy thriller stuff and the combat mechanics sucked

I mean I played through it and beat it so I don't think it's complete garbage but I'm glad I only paid like $2.50 for it, it sure as hell wasn't as great as goons implied

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I respectfully disagree

the stuff they did with the factions and stuff was kinda neat but the plot was boilerplate spy thriller stuff and the combat mechanics sucked

I mean I played through it and beat it so I don't think it's complete garbage but I'm glad I only paid like $2.50 for it, it sure as hell wasn't as great as goons implied

yeah it was overhyped by goons, but I came in kind of expecting James Bond plot #897 and got exactly what I came for. I thought the stealth aspect was okay as long as you didn't quickload and all the sudden the guards disappeared. I also got it for twobux so I figured I got my money's worth of entertainment from it. Gunplay was garbage though, definitely agree with that.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

alpha protocol was the James Bond RPG i always wanted to play and it delivered, bad game design notwithstanding. and the main character is a loving dick the likes no video game has ever seen.

it probably would have been successful if it came out before mass effect 2 as it played almost identically to ME1

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

al-azad posted:

and the main character is a loving dick the likes no video game has ever seen.

That's part of the reason I like that game too.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
There's a lotta furry references from what everyone's posting. It'd be really funny if that's the thing everyone takes away from the game.

"Oh yeah WATCH_DOGS? That game with all the furry poo poo, right?"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i had no idea what the game was about because the only commercial for it was one that didn't even bother to go over the plot (which, as it turns out, sounds like some poo poo written by a 10th grader) and instead was only about "Share your accomplishments on Twitter!"

notice i didn't say the commercial doesn't show gameplay because no video game commercial does that anymore

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

i had no idea what the game was about because the only commercial for it was one that didn't even bother to go over the plot (which, as it turns out, sounds like some poo poo written by a 10th grader) and instead was only about "Share your accomplishments on Twitter!"

notice i didn't say the commercial doesn't show gameplay because no video game commercial does that anymore

You haven't seen the obnoxious gamestop commercial which uses in game footage dubbed over with a script written by a 10th grader?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

that is one of the worst commercials that exist

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
What a waste of a game

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Endorph posted:

Browsing for hentai on the internet and actually experiencing the tactile sensation of the piece of art in your hands are entirely different experiences, and it should be clear which is superior.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

so is this a game that'll be worth it at twenty bucks but overpriced at 60? I paid thirty dollars for that thief game that just came out and boy I don't want to make that mistake again

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Benny D posted:

so is this a game that'll be worth it at twenty bucks but overpriced at 60? I paid thirty dollars for that thief game that just came out and boy I don't want to make that mistake again

It would possibly be worth it at $0 + the amount of time you'll waste not enjoying it.

Dec 26, 2012

Benny D posted:

if the game is bad now, it will be bad when its 1/3 of the price

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

why is this game bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

conceitedguy posted:

Browsing for hentai on the internet and actually experiencing the tactile sensation of the piece of art in your hands are entirely different experiences, and it should be clear which is superior.
youll about to experience the tactile sensation of a cock in your mouth

• Locked thread