Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
not wanting a meth head or heroin addict working for you is one thing but completely removing someone's candidacy because they like to smoke a joint after work is pretty fuckin stupid

hot drat :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kumbamontu posted:

not wanting a meth head or heroin addict working for you is one thing but completely removing someone's candidacy because they like to smoke a joint after work is pretty fuckin stupid

hot drat :synpa:

Maybe they shouldn't be violating federal and/or state law.

Even if it is legal in the state, it is still against federal law. They don't get the right to smoke weed and work. It is a drug and outlawed. They belong in prison or worse.

It is best to deny these people work and blacklist their resumes.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

Maybe they shouldn't be violating federal and/or state law.

Even if it is legal in the state, it is still against federal law. They don't get the right to smoke weed and work. It is a drug and outlawed. They belong in prison or worse.

It is best to deny these people work and blacklist their resumes.

I just wanna know, are you against anything illegal or just weed? If Prohibition was still in effect would you say the same? I don't seem to know you as well as the others~

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

No, you cannot. If you do a lab test, like I do, as opposed to a dip-stick test, which lovely companies do, we will spot it. It does not conform to human urine which has other characteristics like specific gravity, ph, creatinine, etc levels that are tested for. If it is outside those ranges, it means the sample is invalid.

We do a 9 panel full lab test with an MRO, because I don't want a druggy gently caress working for me.

lol this is the best because the easiest way to beat a drug test is to have someone that is clean piss in a bag for you, then you strap it to your thigh so it stays warm and then put that in the cup when you're 'peeing'

and you aren't working for the government so you aren't legally allowed to actually watch them pee regardless of what absurdity you're going to post in reponse

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

No, you cannot. If you do a lab test, like I do, as opposed to a dip-stick test, which lovely companies do, we will spot it. It does not conform to human urine which has other characteristics like specific gravity, ph, creatinine, etc levels that are tested for. If it is outside those ranges, it means the sample is invalid.

We do a 9 panel full lab test with an MRO, because I don't want a druggy gently caress working for me.

I know this isnt a serious post but I also know youre in HR and poo poo so - doesnt it make more sense to just use the mouth swabs? They save the employer a shitload of money since they can be administered on site and you can ask the prospective employee to just self-administer right in front of you. Additionally, they are a lot more "fair" since they only test the last 72 hours. If I'm an employer, I don't really care what you did three weeks ago, but I care if you smoked a joint right before you came in for the interview.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

old dog child posted:

I just wanna know, are you against anything illegal or just weed? If Prohibition was still in effect would you say the same? I don't seem to know you as well as the others~

The problem with prohibition is we didn't have the technological advantage we have now.

We know the detrimental effects of alcohol on the body. It should be a controlled substance and only allowed in more...prestigious drinks. Wine, spirits, that sort of thing. Beer and more common brews should be outlawed because of the volume of consumption involved.

Same thing with cigarettes. I hope you guys like your health care costs going up. Every fucker that smokes increases your premium by 0.85%. Harmful choices with no benefit should be simply denied.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The problem with prohibition is we didn't have the technological advantage we have now.

We know the detrimental effects of alcohol on the body. It should be a controlled substance and only allowed in more...prestigious drinks. Wine, spirits, that sort of thing. Beer and more common brews should be outlawed because of the volume of consumption involved.

Same thing with cigarettes. I hope you guys like your health care costs going up. Every fucker that smokes increases your premium by 0.85%. Harmful choices with no benefit should be simply denied.

Okay, that makes sense. I can get behind that reasoning. But marijuana isn't harmful and has benefits soooo. :iiam: but anyway glad to know you'll be on board with :420: as soon as it's legal and profitable

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hesh Ballantine posted:

I know this isnt a serious post but I also know youre in HR and poo poo so - doesnt it make more sense to just use the mouth swabs? They save the employer a shitload of money since they can be administered on site and you can ask the prospective employee to just self-administer right in front of you. Additionally, they are a lot more "fair" since they only test the last 72 hours. If I'm an employer, I don't really care what you did three weeks ago, but I care if you smoked a joint right before you came in for the interview.

Realtalk: The reason we send to the lab for a urinalysis is because if the sample comes back incorrect, we can see why. If someone is honest with me and tells me he is smoking, I will tell him to come back in 3 weeks and test. No big deal, I just need him to get (and stay) clean. On the other hand, if someone says to my face that they are clean, then they go into the test and their urine is loving dog piss, guess what shitbag, you lied to me and it came out on a lab test. Your job off is DENIED. Eat a cock sammich.

Also, the reason you have it go to a lab is that it is enforceable. They have the sample re-tested by an MRO which is a Medical Review Officer. That supports actions for Department of Transportation, etc. Very helpful and consistent. I also always pair labs with local hospitals, so if I have a worker staple their finger in some horrible office-accident, I can send them up the street for stitches and a drug test.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

It should be a controlled substance and only allowed in more...prestigious drinks. Wine, spirits, that sort of thing. Beer and more common brews should be outlawed because of the volume of consumption involved.

lol are you from 1750s London

those common brews

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

We get it, you like telling people how to run their lives. Truly an inspiration.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Moridin920 posted:

lol this is the best because the easiest way to beat a drug test is to have someone that is clean piss in a bag for you, then you strap it to your thigh so it stays warm and then put that in the cup when you're 'peeing'

and you aren't working for the government so you aren't legally allowed to actually watch them pee regardless of what absurdity you're going to post in reponse

Unless they are required to have Department of Transportation level drug testing, which means they need to be watched while voiding. :)

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 591 days!

lol no job a goon is gonna get is gonna bother with this expensive poo poo.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pobama posted:

lol no job a goon is gonna get is gonna bother with this expensive poo poo.

Market price for a full 9 panel and MRO is about $30 bucks.

Less if you have a contract.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 591 days!

Market price for a full 9 panel and MRO is about $30 bucks.

Less if you have a contract.

Stand by my original statement about goons and the cheapness of companies that would hire them.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Unless they are required to have Department of Transportation level drug testing, which means they need to be watched while voiding. :)

Nope

http://www.dot.gov/sites/dot.dev/files/docs/ODAPC%20EmployeeHandbook%20En.pdf

quote:

The Collection
During the collection process, a urine specimen collector will:
• Verify your identity using a current valid photo ID, such as driver’s license,
passport, employer issued picture ID, etc.
• Create a secure collection site by:
- Restricting access to the site to only those being tested.
- Securing all water sources and placing blue dye in any standing water.
- Removing or securing all cleaning products/fluids at the collection site.
• Afford you privacy to provide a urine specimen.
- Exceptions to the rule generally surround issues of attempted adulteration or
substitution of a specimen or any situation where general questions of validity
arise, like an unusual temperature.
• Ask you to remove any unnecessary garments and empty your pockets (you may
retain your wallet).
• Instruct you to wash and dry your hands.
• Select or have you select a sealed collection kit and open it in your presence.
• Request you to provide a specimen (a minimum of 45 mL) of your urine into a
collection container.
• Check the temperature and color of the urine.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 591 days!
Also there are several fun drugs that don't show up on any drug tests, and are even legal.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That's funny, you included it!

quote:

- Exceptions to the rule generally surround issues of attempted adulteration or
substitution of a specimen or any situation where general questions of validity
arise, like an unusual temperature.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

You can't watch them piss without having said valid reason or else it just ends up with you staring at a dick because you're curious i actually have no idea how it works

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

That's funny, you included it!

Yeah you can't just assume they're going to gently caress with the test immediately in all cases as a way to get around the privacy thing, idiot. It's like the probable cause thing, it has to be present in the first place you can't search and then find probable cause after the fact.

It's like, if they pee and the temp is off, then you can watch them pee again.

I hope you have a legal team on retainer because eventually someone is going to sue you about it if you really do watch your employees pissing every single time. Sounds like a class action waiting to happen but maybe that's just because I have lawyers in my family.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 10, 2014

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

your coworkers probably waste hundreds-thousands of hours a year smoking cigarettes on the clock lol

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

they feel entitled to their smoke breaks and feel persecuted about having to smoke outside away from the doors and they will increase the cost of healthcare for everyone when they die slowly of cancer

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 591 days!

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah you can't just assume they're going to gently caress with the test immediately in all cases as a way to get around the privacy thing, idiot.

I hope you have a legal team on retainer because eventually someone is going to sue you about it if you really do watch your employees pissing.

I work for him, he has cameras in all the bathrooms!

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pobama posted:

I work for him, he has cameras in all the bathrooms!

Cameras

(I know that is what you typed, I'm emphasizing)

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

gggiiimmmppp posted:

your coworkers probably waste hundreds-thousands of hours a year smoking cigarettes on the clock lol

I let them take their smoke breaks. But before they do, each time they have to exit the door to the "smokers lounge" which is a smokers-only room with proper ventilation. Except the ventilation only kicks on after 5 minutes of their 10 minute break. In addition, the room is covered on every wall and on the table with anti-smoking materials I get from the state.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I don't do drugs but I think it's funny that I've had to take a drug test for every retail job I've ever had but when I started working audit for a global investment firm with access to the account information for billions of dollars worth of investor funds they forgot to give me a drug test & then never got around to it.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I let them take their smoke breaks. But before they do, each time they have to exit the door to the "smokers lounge" which is a smokers-only room with proper ventilation. Except the ventilation only kicks on after 5 minutes of their 10 minute break. In addition, the room is covered on every wall and on the table with anti-smoking materials I get from the state.

this is hilarious in contrast to your vehemence about not hiring druggies because these are all degenerate druggies and you apparently spend a lot of money accomodating them wasting time on the clock being addicts

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

That actually sounds like a pleasant experience. I'd smoke there A+++

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

old dog child posted:

That actually sounds like a pleasant experience. I'd smoke there A+++

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

gggiiimmmppp posted:

this is hilarious in contrast to your vehemence about not hiring druggies because these are all degenerate druggies and you apparently spend a lot of money accomodating them wasting time on the clock being addicts

If it was against state and federal law, they would be gone yesterday and without accrued vacation.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 591 days!

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I don't do drugs but I think it's funny that I've had to take a drug test for every retail job I've ever had but when I started working audit for a global investment firm with access to the account information for billions of dollars worth of investor funds they forgot to give me a drug test & then never got around to it.

lol if you honestly submit to a retail job drug test. You can just tell them no, and they can't do anything about it. They still hire you (I am white, probably helped)

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

people with jobs who smoke pot at home aren't going to make you build a lounge for them to smoke on the clock you know

Richardanator
May 8, 2006

Mmmm.....

I get DOT level testing, and they don't watch me piss. Albeit it is random, and so we would be unprepared regardless.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

my point though is that you seem to feel really strongly about your moral high ground with regard to marijuana smokers when in fact any qualified marijuana smoker who doesn't smoke tobacco would absolutely be a better investment for you as an employer in addition to some strong moral, public health and economic arguments in favor of outright discrimination against cigarette smokers

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 10, 2014

Richardanator
May 8, 2006

Mmmm.....

gggiiimmmppp posted:

my point though is that you seem to feel really strongly about your moral high ground with regard to marijuana smokers when in fact any qualified marijuana smoker who doesn't smoke tobacco would absolutely be a better investment for you as an employer

Dude he's a job creator. He's entitled to a higher moral viewpoint. Grow up bro.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Richardanator posted:

Dude he's a job creator. He's entitled to a higher moral viewpoint. Grow up bro.

if he's a real american money speaks louder than morality

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
of course it's bad for you. the basic argument is that it's not nearly as bad for you as has been made out by the establishment for the last 80 years.

pez is bad for you too, doesn't mean you should go to jail for it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
everything is bad for you

oxygen is corrosive, the sun gives you cancer

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

oh its you

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

op i'm gonna smoke a spliff, you want in on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

If you really want to stick it to your smoking employees you should store your farts in a tank & then 5 minutes into their 10 minute smoke breaks you should start pumping in your farts.

Pobama posted:

lol if you honestly submit to a retail job drug test. You can just tell them no, and they can't do anything about it. They still hire you (I am white, probably helped)

In Florida you can be denied employment if you refuse a drug test so I guess lol if you want to be employed.

• Locked thread