Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diamond Joe Biden
Dec 29, 2009

by Cowcaster
I was being chased by the lapd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I remember being absolutely certain that he'd kill himself.

During the chase or when he got home?

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Dont know about that day specifically but here's how my summer of 94 went

DONT TURN AROUND
OH-OH-OH-OH-WHOA-OH
DONT TURN AROUND
OH-OH-OH-OH-WHOA-OH
JUST WALK AWAYYYY

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The Gulf War killed TV news before OJ Simpson ever did.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I was drinking in the summer after my freshman year of college with other lifeguards, and we didn't see it live. :(

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Cpt.Sean Luc Picard
Nov 24, 2006
man why you even got to do a thing?
gently caress yes I remember, it was the middle of game 5 of the NBA finals of the Houston Rockets vs the New York Knicks. poo poo was going down and they decided to interrupt it with this bullshit car chase. I was in the 4th grade and wearing my Hakeem Olajuwon jersey and out of nowhere this poo poo.

Houston ended up winning. Clutch City, baby.

2 years later, in science class, the verdict was announced over the school's intercom. People went nuts. The 90's were nuts.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i was about ten sooo probably humping the couch armrest like a madman

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Cpt.Sean Luc Picard posted:

gently caress yes I remember, it was the middle of game 5 of the NBA finals of the Houston Rockets vs the New York Knicks. poo poo was going down and they decided to interrupt it with this bullshit car chase. I was in the 4th grade and wearing my Hakeem Olajuwon jersey and out of nowhere this poo poo.

Houston ended up winning. Clutch City, baby.

2 years later, in science class, the verdict was announced over the school's intercom. People went nuts. The 90's were nuts.

I do remember the verdict, we had a juice is loose party (with gin and juice of course) in college while watching it live, I don't think we even had to skip class because time zones

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
The verdict was awesome. We heard it during recess on a radio someone brought. For some unknown reason, I kept telling everyone he was innocent. I don't know why I was so adamant about it since I didn't actually pay attention to the trial. When the verdict was announced, everybody let out a gasp. Not me. I was jogging around the playground pumping my fist like a retarded Kirk Gibson yelling "I told you he was innocent! I told you he was innocent!" A friend tried to correct me by saying "not guilty" and "innocent" were not the same thing. I would have none of that.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I was probably making a mess op because I was an ADHD toddler.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
My mom thought Jay Leno's OJ/Ito jokes were funny :stare:

HalPhilipWalker
Feb 14, 2008
Does Christmas smell like oranges to you?
nicole deserved it imo

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

April 26th, 1992
There was a riot on the streets tell me where were you?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

April 26th, 1992

I got beat up by 16 black youths. No joke!

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Big Beef City posted:

April 26th, 1992
Watching it on TV doing my best impression of that emoticon of the guy eating popcorn

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
Watching it on TV. I remember we'd change channels between like 5 different networks, and on each one it looked like OJ was driving in a different direction. To 11 year old me that was the height of comedy.

I was also shocked as poo poo, because up to that point OJ was literally seen as the nicest man in show business.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Al Cowens posted:

My mom thought Jay Leno's OJ/Ito jokes were funny :stare:

Truly unforgivable.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

butplug accident posted:

the OJ car chase the 9/11 of generation X

So where does the Oklahoma City bombing fit in there?

I don't remember what I was doing, but I was 8 years old so probably nothing important or interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

butplug accident posted:

i was undoubtedly alone as usual in front of a tv watching world war 2 docus off-hours on discovery channel which culminated in my utter and permanent obsessed with adolf hitler, op

ah, hm, yes, Hitler.

• Locked thread