Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO'S TAKING HOME THE ORLANDO SUMMER LEAGUE TROPHY?
Magic
Heat
Sixers
Grizzlies
Celtics
Pacers
Nets
Pistons
Rockets
Thunder
Spurs
View Results

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Haha, Noel is wild but the shots are going in. That looked awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Holy poo poo Nerlens is so good

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Noel owns.

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart
I really really can't wait for a Noel/Embiid frontcourt in 2015. They are going to average 8 blocks a game between them.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
The only thing I am worried about for Noel this season is being able to establish and hold his position against centers.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I said :drat: to that 'Dipo steal.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
This camera angel is already making me nauseous

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Travis Bad3r!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Gordon has got to learn to not put the ball back down on the floor.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?

Spacebump posted:

Noel owns.

Agreed friend

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
"Don't forget your balls" says Marcin Gortat.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

jimcunningham posted:

All we need is for him to shoot 1 - 2/3 from 3 and have a steal and one or two transition dunks per game, offensively.

I still think Roberson is going to be good.

I agree with both statements

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://vine.co/v/MU27zz2Wqpb

edit: Noel dunk.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Pierre Jackson tore his achilles. That sucks.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

NERLENS. Is he still rocking the high top fade?

Pierre NOOOOOOOOOO

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Stevie Lee posted:

Pierre Jackson tore his achilles. That sucks.

Man, the Pelicans really screwed him over by not signing him last season.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Noel is starting to miss a lot of his shots, but he's so ridiculously quick for a guy his size

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

loving tragic for Pierre. Watched him on Portlands D-League team when CJ McCollum was playing, and that dude could score. Thought New Orleans gave him a bum deal by holding onto his rights but not signing him, and when he finally looks like he will come to the NBA he ruptures his achilles.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Noel looks good on defense, good on offense, but seems to be fumbling the ball a lot. Perhaps a little nervous of his first real competitive play in a while? Also does not look like he even wants to try to bang around for rebounds.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Noel looks good on defense, good on offense, but seems to be fumbling the ball a lot. Perhaps a little nervous of his first real competitive play in a while? Also does not look like he even wants to try to bang around for rebounds.

In that block gif a couple posts up, the dude who went up actually just ripped the rebound from Noel.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Gordon looked gigantic on that block.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Goodness, that Gordon block.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Just you wait guys, this summer league Otto Porter is gonna break out!!!!!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

hitze posted:

Just you wait guys, this summer league Otto Porter is gonna break out!!!!!

maybe a new dance move

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
ahahahaha brian cook

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

chunkles posted:

ahahahaha brian cook

Pistons summer league babay :c00l:

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

jimcunningham posted:

All we need is for him to shoot 1 - 2/3 from 3 and have a steal and one or two transition dunks per game, offensively.

I still think Roberson is going to be good.

If Roberson can develop even a passable jumpshot I think he can be fantastic. He was great on defense and on the boards in his time last year, and he did a good job of playing within himself and sticking to his strengths when he spotted Thabo as a starter. But his only offensive strengths right now are putbacks and finishing baseline cuts to the rim.

But that jumpshot looked really really broken last year, so I dunno. I'm just excited to watch Adams play today.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

loving tragic for Pierre. Watched him on Portlands D-League team when CJ McCollum was playing, and that dude could score. Thought New Orleans gave him a bum deal by holding onto his rights but not signing him, and when he finally looks like he will come to the NBA he ruptures his achilles.

I'm incredibly bummed out about Jackson. I was really excited to see him get a chance to shine on that Sixers team. I can't see him coming back from this either, he's such a small dude and his game was so dependent on his speed. Sports are loving bullshit.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Rockets/Detroit is one of the better summer league games I've seen.

Nick Johnson looks like a steal but I guess the question was never about his ability to play this level of talent.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I wouldn't crown Noel a worldbeater yet. Anthony loving Randolph shined in Summer League too.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

caution: players in summer league may appear to be better than they actually are

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

E2M2 posted:

I wouldn't crown Noel a worldbeater yet. Anthony loving Randolph shined in Summer League too.

He has better touch on his shots near the rim than I thought.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Drummond has been told by Stan that he will get the ball a lot in the post this season. :stare:

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

chunkles posted:

caution: players in summer league may appear to be better than they actually are

you're telling me KCP won't average 18 ppg this season

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Nick Johnson with the highlight of the day.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

johnson :stare:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mandrel posted:

you're telling me KCP won't average 18 ppg this season

He has a good shooting form so I hope that some of them will start falling down. He also didn't respond well to the seemingly erratic minutes he'd get. I hope SVG can turn him into a decent three and d wing at least.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

He has a good shooting form so I hope that some of them will start falling down. He also didn't respond well to the seemingly erratic minutes he'd get. I hope SVG can turn him into a decent three and d wing at least.

his stroke does look pretty good. he's pretty clearly better than everybody else in this summer league game, but who knows what that means

I'll definitely take your word for it because I won't pretend I watched much detroit last year.

this is actually a good game drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

Nick Johnson with the highlight of the day.

That was an amazing in-game dunk.

• Locked thread