Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Wingless posted:

See, I love whiskey and all kinds of cheese. I like dark chocolate and wine. I love olive oil. I can't stand olives. An actual olive tastes like something that congealed in the bottom of a plastic processing plant to me - not even food-like.

yep, i'll eat and enjoy almost anything but olives are just vile

i also had a mexican watermelon sucker that had chili powder embedded in it and i recall that being pretty nasty. i was younger though so maybe i just didn't appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
i picked up a mug and drank some either hot chocolate or coffee with circular mold growing on it. the worst thing is it took me a couple sips to realize because i was so sleep deprived and out of it.

the weird thing is expecting orange juice and drinking milk is so much worse

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Uni (aka sea urchin reproductive glands) are pretty bad. Imagine a slippery, pink/orange marshmallow that tastes like funky seawater gushing all around your mouth your mouth as you chew it.

Stuff like durian fruit, century egg, and Icelandic preserved shark are in the master league of nasty, though.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

A misanthrope posted:

that's my answer, op

I should have had the foresight to predict that

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i ordered chicken and waffles once, just to try them, and the rear end in a top hat in charge of cooking them put caramelized onions on it

to this day i still do not know what the gently caress

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
cumshot to my face accident

i mean come on

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
fat girl vagina. skinny girl vagina tastes good

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Dextromethorphan. Tastes p much what you'd expect rotten cancer to taste like.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
dinuguan

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
ate an off brand pineapple swiss roll full of maggots. I'd do it again given the chance the maggots tasted like coconut and gave the roll a wriggling coconut mouthfeel

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
There was this one cheese I tasted in Germany that I have to imagine was fermented in a ballsack

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Jesus Christ posted:

Sea urchin was another weird one. I wouldn't say it was terrible (I was the only one at the table that had seconds) but it's just one of those weird things you eat 'cause you're at a $100+ per head fancy tasting dinner but you'd never ever order otherwise. It basically tastes like if you were standing knee deep in the ocean, bent down, scooped up a fist full of sand and shoved it in your mouth.

came to post this. not sure if the sea urchin i ate had gone south or whatever but that poo poo tasted like how dog poo poo smells

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

amityville anus posted:

ate an off brand pineapple swiss roll full of maggots. I'd do it again given the chance the maggots tasted like coconut and gave the roll a wriggling coconut mouthfeel

Im out.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

yeah i always just figured the sea urchin i tried was not fresh cuz people didn't order it. mine was like peanut butter that tasted like a week-old rotted fish carcass that washed up on the shore

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

When I started to learn to cook, I didn't know the difference between a bulb and a clove of garlic, and I didn't have the good sense to stop and reconsider before making something that was half ground lamb and half garlic. Yum.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

coffee at this place

57.720143, 10.584750

avoid at all costs

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Olives

Also, one time when I was 12 I accidentally made mac n' cheese with lard instead of butter. I was nauseous for the next 3 days

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

LifeSizePotato posted:

yeah i always just figured the sea urchin i tried was not fresh cuz people didn't order it. mine was like peanut butter that tasted like a week-old rotted fish carcass that washed up on the shore

that's it right there. lol, when i told my friend it made me think of dog poo poo it ruined the taste for him. he loved urchin up until that point

Molog
Mar 4, 2004
Title text
Some indian candy a friend offered me once.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

This thread.

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sea cucumber.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster

Sono posted:

When I started to learn to cook, I didn't know the difference between a bulb and a clove of garlic, and I didn't have the good sense to stop and reconsider before making something that was half ground lamb and half garlic. Yum.

sorry but it's impossible to use too much garlic

i always at least triple the amount from recipes

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
the op's mom's snatch

Jimby Nougats
May 6, 2009

my dad chews cope and one time when i was a kid instead of using an old can or spittoon to spit juice in he used a regular plastic drinking cup the same as the rest in our cupboard and left it on the table, and i thought it was mine with water in it so i picked it up and took a drink and i drank my dad's tobacco spit

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Zeno-25 posted:

Stuff like durian fruit, century egg, and Icelandic preserved shark are in the master league of nasty, though.

Heading to Iceland soon, was planning to try the nasty shark.

Preserved isn't the right word for it considering that would take more effort than what they do (literally bury it for three months and eat the rotting remains).

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

LifeSizePotato posted:

You got the bad uni.

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian
vomiting drugs tastes like burning money

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

buying that brand of mexiswiss roll is annoying because more often than not they're just food/chances of repeating that experience are slim.

Imagine a pina colada pastry with little bits of coconut that wriggle around in the creamy pineapple filling on your gums. If this isn't nice, what is?

Sexual Velcro
Jun 28, 2008
freedom

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
mayo is real bad, real real bad.

In short, gently caress mayo. And potato salad while we're on it; it tastes like a loving fart i mean who wants to eat farts

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

They allow internets in GITMO ?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sea urchin / Uni is great when it is fresh. That hardest part is the texture. The fastest way to tell if someone likes sushi is if they like Uni. The fastest way to tell if they have no clue is if they only like rolls.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

GiantAmazonianOtter posted:

San Pedro cactus

Didn't you eat balut at one point too?

Gamma hydroxy butyrate is pretty loving nasty on the away down and even worse when you barf it with the remnants of the Jaegermeister shots you forgot you out had.
Also this one chai tea I got at an alcohol-free hippy party was unlike any chai I have ever had in a really nasty way. It's like every spice they had was five years old and mouldy, then they dumped sweet milk in it. Gross.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
Beverly cola, most easily found in the US at EPCOT at Disney world. Oh my Allah, that poo poo is so nasty.

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove
i love thai food and my uncle tried to order rama but I guess they heard rard na which smelled and tadted like dirty socks literally.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

Sea urchin / Uni is great when it is fresh. That hardest part is the texture. The fastest way to tell if someone likes sushi is if they like Uni. The fastest way to tell if they have no clue is if they only like rolls.

This. You losers not liking sea urchin must live in the midwest or something. Fresh urchin should be silky, creamy and taste lightly of salt water. Rotting fish or dog poo poo flavors are a definite problem.

ieatmidget
Jan 9, 2006
So I kicked him in the head until he was dead! Nyahahaha
green bell pepper

vile

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Methamphetamine crystals. Sad thing is, eventually you'll love the god-awful taste.

blondcockerel
Feb 28, 2014

Either formaldehyde that had had a couple weeks to become cat viscera stew, or vaporized nitric acid.

World's worst STEM student.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dubious posted:

mayo is real bad, real real bad.

In short, gently caress mayo. And potato salad while we're on it; it tastes like a loving fart i mean who wants to eat farts

This just makes you sound like a moron.

• Locked thread