Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Oh right, he's back in the Premier League.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Hello, I'm a stupid American who is now getting into trying to actually follow the Premier League after vaguely following it last year thanks to some British friends and a huge rear end in a top hat Arsenal fan.

I have no attachment to any of your stupid teams, but I liked watching Crystal Palace rise from the bottom of the table to have a really good year, and I think Crystal Palace is a much cooler name than dumb poo poo like Liverpool or Queen Park Rangers, so I am going to have them be my stupid Premier League team.

Also I hate Aston Villa because the Lerners are shitheads and I hope he is forced to sink money into that failing team for the rest of his life.

I'm looking forward to a long season with lots of success and happiness angry posts and Jozy Altidore falling over.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Great White Hope posted:

Hello, I'm a stupid American who is now getting into trying to actually follow the Premier League after vaguely following it last year thanks to some British friends and a huge rear end in a top hat Arsenal fan.

I have no attachment to any of your stupid teams, but I liked watching Crystal Palace rise from the bottom of the table to have a really good year, and I think Crystal Palace is a much cooler name than dumb poo poo like Liverpool or Queen Park Rangers, so I am going to have them be my stupid Premier League team.

Also I hate Aston Villa because the Lerners are shitheads and I hope he is forced to sink money into that failing team for the rest of his life.

I'm looking forward to a long season with lots of success and happiness angry posts and Jozy Altidore falling over.

Support Wigan Burnley. Read the sticky.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Great White Hope posted:

I like you.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

I'd give the month of august a Tastyness rating of 5, making it the joint highest month along with may and june.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Great White Hope posted:

You've picked a good team. Nothing like plasticing for a team that never wins and brings only sadness

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Carrier posted:

I'd give the month of august a Tastyness rating of 5, making it the joint highest month along with may and june.

There's something in the air alright, can you feel it?

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Carrier posted:

So has it been established that 5 is the highest rating on the tastyness scale?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
The newest developments in advanced stats are here lads. My calculations for the PtLAMCPer (Player to Look-Alike Movie Character Performance for you noobs) are giving me fascinating numbers for The Josmer:

More importantly, Jozy's evaluation stands at $73.64 million Mexican pesos per kilogram. Phwoar.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Frankston posted:

For the true football fans the really tasty first round fixture is Stoke v Villa. Phwoar, tastiness ratings are off the charts.

I just tested it and this match broke the tastiness meter.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Great White Hope posted:

I like this post. I like you. Do you like naked shower fighting?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I wonder what this thread is for

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
In fact, August looks like a month that can be skipped.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bogan Krkic posted:

You've picked a good team. Nothing like plasticing for a team that never wins and brings only sadness
:agreed:

West Ham are going to play well in the first two games and then play really badly after that for a while. Then we'll play well enough for a while for the fat oval office to save his job, and then coast to a nice 14th place.

See you all in May folks.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Manchester United will get into the Champions League this season, but they wont win the league. Chelsea will, in fact, be the ones winning the league. Liverpool will probably win a cup or something and Spurs will finish below Arsenal. QPR will get mega relegated and Harry Redknapp will resign in February once everyone realises he's a saggy loving disgrace of a manager with a higher wage bill than all the other clubs in the world put together. He'll blame a lack of financial backing from the board and pop up in 6 months time managing Palace or something

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Zlatan said this about Olof Mellberg

quote:

"The day Olof Mellberg decided to quit the national team it was a great loss to Swedish football and the team, but to me personally it was an even greater loss. When I had him on the team I never had to look back because I knew he was behind me and I could concentrate on what was going on up ahead. Olof was the person that trigged and challenged me. This drove me to want to do more on the pitch. Olof had a winner mentality like no other. He simply refused to lose, not only in football but in practically everything. And when he did lose, which rarely happened, he refused to admit it. I think this mentality was what took him a long way in his career.

I’ve been doubly lucky when it comes to Olof. Firstly because I got to play with him, and secondly because I got know the person Olof Mellberg, not only the player. If Olof in my opinion is the best Swedish defender of all times, I think the person Olof is even better. It is sad that Olof now chooses to end his career because I’m sure he has much more to give. I wish Olof Mellberg and his family all happiness and love in the future."

If only Villa had a player like him today! Mellberg was quality.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Frankston posted:

okore is the new northern european flavour for villa

he is going to have some epic games and right mares this season, i'm telling you now

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Chelsea are going to win the league this year.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Is the tastiness rating 1-5 or 1-10? If it's 1-5 we might have some good matches if it's 1-10 I think I'll watch a better league (MLS).

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Frankston posted:

yeah, zlatan once in his life ever gave a poo poo about defending

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

dkj posted:

Is the tastiness rating 1-5 or 1-10? If it's 1-5 we might have some good matches if it's 1-10 I think I'll watch a better league (MLS).

It's a scale of dog poo poo-phwoar, proper tasty

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's a scale of 1-5 until something appears that's 6 tasty.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Chelsea will in fact not win the league, and Lukaku will score more goals than Spanish-Brazilian Grandpa Diego Costa.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Spurs will finish above Liverpool.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
manchester chevrolets will win this season

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Dudley posted:

It's a scale of 1-5 until something appears that's 6 tasty.

Fully 6?

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Great White Hope posted:

Leicester then you can follow a team that will crash and burn fantastically despite their megalomaniac rich Asian owner

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
We could do with a jozy thread and a fantasy thread before it all kicks off.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

corpuscollossus posted:

I'm just starting on my Fantasy team now OP theres a lot to think about as always

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

corpuscollossus posted:

I think a Jozy vs Bojan thread would be the way to go

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

I think a Jozy vs Bojan thread would be the way to go

Bojan has already got 2 goals in the preseason

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Byolante posted:

How about Jozy goals versus Bojan injuries?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

corpuscollossus posted:

the fantasy thread is in the armchair quarterback

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Jozy hasn't played a single minute for Sunderland during the preseason, right?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Bojan will score a million goals

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

advanced statsman posted:

Jozy hasn't played a single minute for Sunderland during the preseason, right?
yeah but that also applies to all of last season

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Byolante posted:

Yaya Sanogo got 4 in one game

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Byolante posted:

So has Kristoffer Peterson, I'm sure they're both going to destroy the league this year.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Were there any Level 6 Tasty moments last season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benadryl Brownie
Aug 18, 2005

Haway les gars

Lemon posted:

Were there any Level 6 Tasty moments last season?

Yes.

• Locked thread