Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Remember episode 1 is free on the internet.

If you decide you don't want to watch Mike Smiths stupid smiling face for an entire season of Hard Knocks... don't bother paying up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
NFL.com released a Hard Knocks teaser video this morning featuring Biermann and Matthews going at eachother. I loving love Jake Matthews already and I'm pretty drat pumped for tonight :allears:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000374192/article/biermann-matthews-brawl-in-hard-knocks-teaser?campaign=Twitter_atl

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
If the fight had continued (or was even real), Matthews would have snapped Biermann in half like a pretzel and it would have been amazing to watch.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I love that the fight is centered around the fact that Biermann can't beat this loving rookie tackle, and it's frustrating him.

I know Matthews was the most "Pro-ready" tackle in the draft and was a high first round pick, but there are large numbers of Atlanta fans who view Biermann as a legitimate answer to the question, "Where's the pass rush?"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

I love that the fight is centered around the fact that Biermann can't beat this loving rookie tackle, and it's frustrating him.

I know Matthews was the most "Pro-ready" tackle in the draft and was a high first round pick, but there are large numbers of Atlanta fans who view Biermann as a legitimate answer to the question, "Where's the pass rush?"
Kroy Biermann is only the answer to, "Who is the baby daddy of the white woman on Real Housewives of Atlanta?"

Nothing more, nothing less.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

TasmanianX posted:

I'm on the ground floor here. But the jokes on you, Atlanta has the serum and we aren't sharing.

Is there an Ebola Walk 2014 planned, like your 349834049-a-year zombie walks?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
:laffo:

I can't wait for Hard Knocks to show that the Atlanta Falcons really aren't a boring...team............at....................:sigh:

quote:

vaughn mcclure ‏@vxmcclure23 57s

HBO says tonight's ``Hard Knocks'' 1st episode will include Steven Jackson's art, Kroy Biermann at home, and ``neat freak'' Harry Douglas.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I hate the Falcons but I don't know why. Still gonna watch Hard Knocks.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Ray Lewis killed a guy in Atlanta, that's all I've got for buried/repressed reasons for a Ravens fan to not like Atlanta

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Shath Hole posted:

:laffo:

I can't wait for Hard Knocks to show that the Atlanta Falcons really aren't a boring...team............at....................:sigh:

Actually the Maybin art sequences from last season were pretty awesome, so I'd love to see what Jackson can do.

But for real they should just pay Weatherspoon to hang out all preseason and make you guys likable.

Chilichimp posted:

Remember episode 1 is free on the internet.

If you decide you don't want to watch Mike Smiths stupid smiling face for an entire season of Hard Knocks... don't bother paying up.

Do you have a link to that first episode? I'd like to add it to the OP.

Sour Diesel posted:

Probably Pavlovian conditioning from reading FizFashizzle posts.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Sour Diesel posted:

The only reason I can think of to hate a team this boring and not relevant to really anything, is that they are so incredibly boring that it pisses you off. I do like the Ravens though and I was rooting for you guys in the Superbowl so :shobon:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

e: Nm

I might watch this if it's on-demand but it would take a lot

If it was mostly about Arthur Blank for example

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Falcons are an oddly disliked team for how milquetoast they are.

It'd be like if people really loving hated the Chargers for no drat good reason.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
loving Hilarious... apparently they are NOT airing the first episode for free...

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2014/7/7/5875781/you-can-watch-the-first-episode-of-hard-knocks-without-hbo

The link to the article contains: "you-can-watch-the-first-episode-of-hard-knocks-without-hbo"
The article title after it was edited: "You'll Need HBO To Watch The First Episode Of Hard Knocks"

Thanks, SBNation.

If I find a link to a free episode, I'll let you guys know.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
drat. Well streams are still kosher so if anyone finds one add it to the thread. I'm not counting on frontrowsports.eu to have this one, but we will see in a few hours.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

^^ I doubt it as well, firstrow usually only has ESPN and NFL Network when games aren't on

Shath Hole posted:

The only reason I can think of to hate a team this boring and not relevant to really anything, is that they are so incredibly boring that it pisses you off. I do like the Ravens though and I was rooting for you guys in the Superbowl so :shobon:

I think it's a subconscious hate stemming from Flacco and Ryan being in the same draft class and there was a lot of media comparing the two. Joe/The Ravens in general never do that well in advanced stats (I hate advanced stats anyway) and Matt Ryan always does pretty well.

The hate has chilled out a bit since Joe got his ring first.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Sour Diesel posted:

^^ I doubt it as well, firstrow usually only has ESPN and NFL Network when games aren't on

I think it's a subconscious hate stemming from Flacco and Ryan being in the same draft class and there was a lot of media comparing the two. Joe/The Ravens in general never do that well in advanced stats (I hate advanced stats anyway) and Matt Ryan always does pretty well.

I was going to say...counterpoint; Joe has a ring and has had very good success in the playoffs since being drafted. You are right though, Joe and Matt were tied at the hip for a while there until Joe took off with his post season success and Matt became the butt of all post season jokes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sour Diesel posted:

Yeah, but Brian Brohm was also in that conversation; I'd say we're both better off.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
I'd invite you all to my apartment to watch Hard Knocks tonight.

But you're goons on the internet, and that could only end badly.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Time to start kissing up to that friend that has HBOGO that you haven't talked to in a while...

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
I'll be watching to track Jake Matthews, the should-have-been-a-Raider before the top 5 got Bortled(I'm not complaining, god bless you, Jacksonville).

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Shath Hole posted:

Time to start kissing up to that friend that has HBOGO that you haven't talked to in a while...

"Hey Mama Chiche! Just FYI I set up that internet thing you don't know about so I can watch football."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

warcrimes posted:

I'll be watching to track Jake Matthews, the should-have-been-a-Raider before the top 5 got Bortled(I'm not complaining, god bless you, Jacksonville).

It wasn't Bortles that pushed Matthews to Atlanta, it was the Watkins Trade. Bortles just pushed it over the top.

I was so loving happy when I saw Watkins go.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

It wasn't Bortles that pushed Matthews to Atlanta, it was the Watkins Trade. Bortles just pushed it over the top.

I was so loving happy when I saw Watkins go.

Actually, it was. Neither Mack nor Watkins were getting past the Raiders once Bort was taken. If Bortles hadn't been taken they'd both have been gone and the Raiders would have most likely chosen Matthews (although Evans was in the mix).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

warcrimes posted:

Actually, it was. Neither Mack nor Watkins were getting past the Raiders once Bort was taken. If Bortles hadn't been taken they'd both have been gone and the Raiders would have most likely chosen Matthews (although Evans was in the mix).

I remember it well. The Nightmare scenario for the Falcons at 6 was:

1.) Clowney
2.) Robinson
3.) Mack
4.) Matthews
5.) <Raiders> (Looks like you are going with Watkins as you shoe-in)
6.) <Falcons> SOL

The 4 names above are literally the only names Falcons fans gave a poo poo about.

Bortles made your dreams come true, in that you'd most assuredly get your pick of two of the three: Matthews/Mack/Watkins... But it wasn't until the Bills Traded up for Watkins that Atlanta was given a shot at one of either Mack or Matthews (which ever the Raiders didn't pick).

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 5, 2014

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
God I was cackling like a god drat fiend when Bortles was picked

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
And it wasn't long after that until I joined you in a cross-continental cacophony.

I'm sure Shath was also losing his loving mind in Chicago.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

And it wasn't long after that until I joined you in a cross-continental cacophony.

I'm sure Shath was also losing his loving mind in Chicago.

I was holding my breathe for Mack because he was the sexy pick but man I was very pleased to see we got the best OLman in the draft.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sour Diesel posted:

I think it's a subconscious hate stemming from Flacco and Ryan being in the same draft class and there was a lot of media comparing the two.
Also TFF hated Matt Ryan coming into the draft and thought he'd fail but he's ended up being a pretty good quarterback instead

not one of The Greats but not a bust either like everyone expected

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
It would have been the definition of an unnecessary pick, but Watkins to Atlanta would have been glorious.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Also TFF hated Matt Ryan coming into the draft and thought he'd fail but he's ended up being a pretty good quarterback instead

TFF hated Matt Ryan far past the draft process. Hell half of us still do for some reason I don't understand outside of general blandness.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

He's not first tier (Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers) but I'd put him in that second tier even despite his first several years in the league being in a run first boring rear end conservative offense. I'll take that all day.

I'll also pretend I didn't want them to draft Dorsey and Brohm :v:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The scary thing about the pick is Steve Bisciotti wanted a QB so bad he was wanting to trade an arm and a leg to get Matt Ryan. Ozzie convinced him that they'd be better off going after Joe and they could even trade down to get him.

Thank god Steve is cool and admits he's dumb about football decisions.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

I remember it well. The Nightmare scenario for the Falcons at 6 was:

1.) Clowney
2.) Robinson
3.) Mack
4.) Matthews
5.) <Raiders> (Looks like you are going with Watkins as you shoe-in)
6.) <Falcons> SOL

The 4 names above are literally the only names Falcons fans gave a poo poo about.

Bortles made your dreams come true, in that you'd most assuredly get your pick of two of the three: Matthews/Mack/Watkins... But it wasn't until the Bills Traded up for Watkins that Atlanta was given a shot at one of either Mack or Matthews (which ever the Raiders didn't pick).

I'm not sure where you pulled that from, but I looked up 10 mock drafts(including ESPN/SI/TSN) and only one of them(Mike Mayocklololol0ol) had Matthews going before Watkins. Four of them had Matthews going to you guys in the six spot. The narrative made a lot of sense, with Blackmon and Gordon(late breaking news, obviously) facing suspensions, only one mock had him going past the four spot to us at five.

Bort made sure the Raiders were going to get Mack or Watkins. The "consolation" prize of Matthews was almost a sure thing(since they couldn't find a good deal to trade the pick)if Mack and Watkins were taken.

Hey, whatever, we both got the guy we wanted and I'm just gonna go with the narrative of Matthews being a Raider in all other timelines and follow his career and wish him the best.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
What time is this on

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

What time is this on

10 EST 7 PST

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I found a stream for HBO for those of you who don't have it. It clearly isn't American though, so I can't guarantee it will be on at 7 PM PST.
http://www.stream2watch.me/live-tv/hbo-live-stream

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

warcrimes posted:

I'm not sure where you pulled that from, but I looked up 10 mock drafts(including ESPN/SI/TSN) and only one of them(Mike Mayocklololol0ol) had Matthews going before Watkins. Four of them had Matthews going to you guys in the six spot. The narrative made a lot of sense, with Blackmon and Gordon(late breaking news, obviously) facing suspensions, only one mock had him going past the four spot to us at five.

Bort made sure the Raiders were going to get Mack or Watkins. The "consolation" prize of Matthews was almost a sure thing(since they couldn't find a good deal to trade the pick)if Mack and Watkins were taken.

Hey, whatever, we both got the guy we wanted and I'm just gonna go with the narrative of Matthews being a Raider in all other timelines and follow his career and wish him the best.

I disagree with literally none of this. And the nightmare scenario isn't really a mock, just... Well my worst nightmare.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Chichevache posted:

I found a stream for HBO for those of you who don't have it. It clearly isn't American though, so I can't guarantee it will be on at 7 PM PST.
http://www.stream2watch.me/live-tv/hbo-live-stream

Heres another stream. http://www.vipboxam.co/american-football/241887/1/hard-knocks-live-stream-online.html I'll see if I can find any other streams but the usual ones are showing baseball :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Yay! Football is back!

• Locked thread