Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Write-in ballot for Ethiopia. Ethiopia is cooler than all those other choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zephyr42
Apr 19, 2012
F I love the region of southeast Asia, but it seems Johor doesn't really have a chance of winning. so next closest place on the map is my vote

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
B. Just stay away from Rourke's Drift.

Muskatnuss
Mar 17, 2013
F

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Zulu!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Voting for E. Time for Straya, oval office!

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
B

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

F, a Phillipines LP sounds really unique compared to everything else.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
E

Semquais
Dec 5, 2013
A Go Go USSA

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

As a Malaysian I'm gonna have to go with D.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
I've gotta go with B I'd love to see the Zulu do well, though if Patter Song ends up dying early I'd be down for F (Consider this an instant run off ballot for me)

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Filipino Freedom

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Definitely B!

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

B (Zulu)

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
C Afghanistan, because their actual history was so rough, so it would be fun to see them do well.

Alpacalips Now
Oct 4, 2013
A because I want to see South America's punching bag kick rear end for once.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
A be the hero South America needs

gently caress the Monroe Doctrine, death to America. :ussr:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Does Vicky 2 even try to simulate the Monroe Doctrine? I see France sticking it's dick into Brazil far too often.

Felix818
Jun 2, 2013
B Because I would like to see European colonialism be pushed back(Well, hopefully).

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

F

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Funky Valentine posted:

Does Vicky 2 even try to simulate the Monroe Doctrine? I see France sticking it's dick into Brazil far too often.

You know the whole 'Cinco de Mayo' thing? It commemorates an early victory by Mexico over the invading French forces about midway through the Vicky II timeframe. The French later set up a puppet Mexican Emperor. France meddling in American nations is historically accurate.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
V2 simulates the Monroe Doctrine by giving the US rather high starting influence on a lot of Latin American countries, but given that France and Britain are actually on South America, they can both beat the USA to sphering races for a lot of those countries.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

On the other hand who cares, because there's almost nothing in South America worth sphering for. Maybe tropical lumber, but you can get that from Africa.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

E! :australia:

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Filipinas

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
I say, the USSA would be the best choice.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Fister Roboto posted:

On the other hand who cares, because there's almost nothing in South America worth sphering for. Maybe tropical lumber, but you can get that from Africa.

You kiddin'? Brazil has rubber, which is pretty freakin' rare even in Africa.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

B. If the Universal Zulu Nation ends up failing then I'll just vote F next round.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
B carries, 21-16. Zulu it is.

You know, I think that writing cool in-character updates will be the most difficult part of this LP, I don't have the same kind of background on Zulu writing.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Patter Song posted:

You know, I think that writing cool in-character updates will be the most difficult part of this LP, I don't have the same kind of background on Zulu writing.

I think it might actually better to dispense with the in-character stuff and instead go "alright, we got a real poo poo situation, here's how we'll try to make something of it" with mechanics talk that usually gets glossed over in a regular game with a nation in Europe, then keep the in-character stuff for the second run with another nation after something inevitably goes wrong, but that's just me.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

TheMcD posted:

I think it might actually better to dispense with the in-character stuff and instead go "alright, we got a real poo poo situation, here's how we'll try to make something of it" with mechanics talk that usually gets glossed over in a regular game with a nation in Europe, then keep the in-character stuff for the second run with another nation after something inevitably goes wrong, but that's just me.

I think that might be the best way to go. No Zulu Nietzsche update. Probably just as well.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Patter Song posted:

At least one update, perhaps the final one, must be written like this.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
The bad news is that I missed the chance to vote F.

The good news is that I own V2 and am now inspired to play a nation I had never given a second thought.

Good luck handling the British. I expect frequent references to Zulu and Zulu Dawn if there ever is a conflict.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Awesome. Be as the young viper, as the buffalo, and strike down the pale invaders from over the sea. Let's do this.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

AJ_Impy posted:

Awesome. Be as the young viper, as the buffalo, and strike down the pale invaders from over the sea. Let's do this.

Fun fact: The lyrics are an abridged form of Shaka's praise poem. No list of people he devoured though.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Well, at least this is going to be an amazing triumph against all odds or a spectacular failure in the face of superior technology. Either way, we're in for a wild ride!

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
Afghanistan would still be a great idea for a future playthrough. Someone should do it. Do the nearby areas also have high literacy or is Afghanistan special in that regard?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ghost Stromboli posted:

Afghanistan would still be a great idea for a future playthrough. Someone should do it. Do the nearby areas also have high literacy or is Afghanistan special in that regard?

Afghanistan starts ~18% literacy. Afghanistan's neighbor Persia has ~8% literacy.

Make of that what you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
Was there any basis for giving Afghanistan 18% literacy?

• Locked thread