Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Silver Alicorn posted:

counterpoint, keep buying metal gear games because kojima will try to make them more and more hosed up until they let him do other things

here's hoping Metal Gear: The Musical happens soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

kojima said he wants to help with another metal gear rising tho

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Is anyone going to post the gif of Solid Snake literally doing a 360 no scope in Twin Snakes? Really been looking forward to the gif of Solid Snake literally doing a 360 no scope in Twin Snakes so if someone could post it that would be great.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Cyra posted:

Sorry op but I've already bought all the metal gear games !

Same.

I might even buy MGS1 for a third time since I found our Gcube and twin snakes has the best cutscenes outside of MGS3

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Schnedwob posted:

here's hoping Metal Gear: The Musical happens soon

metal gear racing

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It will be Metal Gear Fighters.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

that would own if it's like the rex vs. ray fight in 4

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

metal gear games are the only games worth playing nowadays (if you are a poli sci major like me living on a fixed income)

play them in chronological order ftmfw

high five, fellow poli sci bad forums guy

also kiefer sutherland fuckin sucks

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoubleDonut posted:

[in smart college guy voice who had sex]: metal gear solid is the foremost representation of the far reach of the modern military industrial complex, complete with predictions of the future (drones, Memes, and PMCs) and the only game I can remember where you play a tool of the MIC and where you, the "hero" of the story (solid snake) are ultimately the bad guy the entire series, a true tool of the systems that cause war and poverty and everything that is bad in the world. Ultimately your death means lasting peace, one less pawn on the battlefield. Also it has truly the BEST and most FEMINIST representation of women in gaming, ever. The only true hero of the entire series is a woman.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3pLDrZQTf8

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Pewdiepie posted:

Is anyone going to post the gif of Solid Snake literally doing a 360 no scope in Twin Snakes? Really been looking forward to the gif of Solid Snake literally doing a 360 no scope in Twin Snakes so if someone could post it that would be great.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

kiefer sutherland is cool but i dont want him to be snake

Jackfruit
Apr 27, 2006

dem bones dem bones gonna walk around

SM64Guy posted:

kiefer sutherland is cool but i dont want him to be snake

i thought he did fine in gz but he didn't have many lines, idk how they'd deal with that in phantom pain if they couldn't even afford like half an hour of VA time

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.
OP is a human being and a racist.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Jackfruit posted:

i thought he did fine in gz but he didn't have many lines, idk how they'd deal with that in phantom pain if they couldn't even afford like half an hour of VA time

theres nothing wrong with his performance, but it's kiefer sutherland's voice coming out of snake's mouth, which is weird as hell

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Poniard posted:

kojima said he wants to help with another metal gear rising tho

like i said he's a loving drip who can't actually vocalize how badly he wants to be free.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

What a thrill
With darkness and silence through the night
What a thrill
I'm searching and I'll melt into you
What a fear in my heart
But you're so supreme!

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Scalding Coffee posted:

It will be Metal Gear Fighters.

Only if it's like the final fight with liquid in 4.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
memes

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I've never played snake eater, is the 3ds version a good version of it, because that would be most convenient

no it is not. it is an awful port that runs at like 15 fps. it suuuuucks

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

metal gear games are the only games worth playing nowadays (if you are a poli sci major like me living on a fixed income)

play them in chronological order ftmfw

play them in release order you goddamn loser

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Terror Sweat posted:

play them in release order you goddamn loser

Your a dumbass

Papa Daedalus
Aug 11, 2014
I was convinced MGS4 was Kojima trying to run the series into the ground. Yet here we are... standing on the edge of the crater.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Revengance wasn't made by Kojima so it's ok.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

SM64Guy posted:

theres nothing wrong with his performance, but it's kiefer sutherland's voice coming out of snake's mouth, which is weird as hell

You could kinda tell the lines were written with David hayters voice in mind and that bugged me a little. Hayter is a better solid snake but honestly I like Kiefer better as big boss

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

This is me, when the big boss psp came out. It came with a bandana. I have since to purchase a metal gear related product.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Also I'm pretty sure they re-cast boss as Kiefer so that snake could show up at the end of phantom pain to kill him as hayter

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

buy metal gear games

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Benny D posted:

You could kinda tell the lines were written with David hayters voice in mind and that bugged me a little. Hayter is a better solid snake but honestly I like Kiefer better as big boss

only time hayter did a good snake voice was ps1 mgs

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

now I do wanna buy it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

darealkooky posted:

only time hayter did a good snake voice was ps1 mgs

In mgs1 he sounded gritty but in the subsequent games he didn't sound like he was taking it seriously at all

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Benny D posted:

In mgs1 he sounded gritty but in the subsequent games he didn't sound like he was taking it seriously at all

Apparently MGS4 hosed Hayter's vocal chords so much he can never do the MGS1 Snake voice again.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
mgs1 snake voice is a combination of hayter having a cold while recording, the recording stuff they used being kind of lovely, and mgs1 having decent writing so snake doesn't just repeat stuff other people say and grunt a lot like a retarded neanderthal

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

darealkooky posted:

and mgs1 having decent writing so snake doesn't just repeat stuff other people say and grunt a lot like a retarded neanderthal

It's actually exactly the opposite.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Benny D posted:

Also I'm pretty sure they re-cast boss as Kiefer so that snake could show up at the end of phantom pain to kill him as hayter

That'd be fuckin cool but I don't think phantom pain is gonna rollover into MG1

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Hayter sounds okay no matter what but Quinton Flynn gruffing up Raiden for Revengeance was hilarious. He sounds drunk at some points.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rgg_X7vZqI

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

That'd be fuckin cool but I don't think phantom pain is gonna rollover into MG1

Maybe it just leads into it or something. Kojima said this is the one where boss "becomes the villain" so his story kinda has to end here doesn't it :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

:eyepop:

• Locked thread