Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Crown Face posted:

Has there ever been a game where the villain makes that argument but he does it in a really compelling way that actually makes a bunch of sense?

Then the character actually ends up empathizing with the villain and they join forces and from that point until the end of the game you end up working with the villain and beat up all of your former comrades/smash the state?

I'd take at least 2 shots/play that game if it exists and is done well.

This is exactly the ending of Breath of Fire 4 that you can choose if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
live a live has something like that too, now that I think about it

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Contra Calculus posted:

That one bad guy from Suikoden II didn't really lecture you. He just likes killing and burning things and making people act like pigs. Pretty solid bad guy imo.

too bad they killed him like halfway through the game and replaced him with :emo:-caliber poo poo about your bff now being a bad guy after he was kidnapped at the start of the game

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Action Tortoise posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayNe9Hoxmb0

it's in the lyrics to armstrong's fight in revengeance

this is every metal gear game

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

This poo poo right here :picard:

LOL :face palm: Lol, [me, does the triple face palm] Man this game is so gay, all this anime crap [plays the game 20 times, to completion, buys more games] Haha, this poo poo is just insane [opens an ironic videogame offsite where all the pedos can post about anime] I can't believe how weird this is.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Borsche69 posted:

LOL :face palm: Lol, [me, does the triple face palm] Man this game is so gay, all this anime crap [plays the game 20 times, to completion, buys more games] Haha, this poo poo is just insane [opens an ironic videogame offsite where all the pedos can post about anime] I can't believe how weird this is.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Borsche69 posted:

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Very insight op. Thank you for pwning this video game trope.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Come come, Mr. Bond

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Benny D posted:

Was there really ever a better jrpg villain than Kefka

he was just the Joker only with magic

so no, there wasn't

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Benny D posted:

Was there really ever a better jrpg villain than Kefka

Quoth the great prophet Demonius Darkblade, "Dude! Kefka would stomp Sephiroth threefold!"

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
wouldn't sephiroth just grow back because he's part of John Carpenter's The Thing

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In FF9 Kuja was just a troll. And then he gets outtrolled by...uh, Death apparently. Not sure if I'm remembering that right. Still, it kinda owned:

"So everything is gonna die now, cause that's kinda my thing."
"Nah, bro. I don't believe in dying, so..."

Seriously though. Do you kill Death at the end of that game? Hardcore, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

• Locked thread