Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

i can dB on my camera, and dB on my audio reciever, and my phone too, whats the big deal? i took a math class once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

pagancow posted:

negative numbers are smaller than positive numbers

hmmmm

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

echinopsis posted:

the future is poo poo padded with worthless tech gadgets as soma like in brave new world

"people are dying of preventable hunger and disease everyday"

"but ios9!!!!!!!"

dont try and tell me you wouldn't be doing soma and going to the rape theater every night, you can't loving deny it i know you would

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't remember the rape theatre. sounds unappealing

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i miss the little reel-to-reel animation in the podcasts app

technically podcasts app was not part of ios6

anyway i still run ios6 on my timphone5 and i like it because it runs as fast as the day i bought it
i'll admit that some of the skeuomorphism did get a bit over the top but that is no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater in ios7

who the heck thought ripping a microsoft UI style off was a good idea anyway

anyway i'll probably upgrade to ios8 when they enable SMS from your mac but it'll probably run like poo poo so too bad

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
for reference i kept ios3 on my stevephone3GS and was very glad that i did because ios 4/5/6 ran like poo poo on everyone else's phone for little benefit

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

pagancow posted:

if you know negative numbers are smaller than positive numbers

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/cool-cash-card-confusion-1009701

quote:

A LOTTERY scratchcard has been withdrawn from sale by Camelot - because players couldn't understand it.

The Cool Cash game - launched on Monday - was taken out of shops yesterday after some players failed to grasp whether or not they had won.

To qualify for a prize, users had to scratch away a window to reveal a temperature lower than the figure displayed on each card. As the game had a winter theme, the temperature was usually below freezing.

But the concept of comparing negative numbers proved too difficult for some Camelot received dozens of complaints on the first day from players who could not understand how, for example, -5 is higher than -6.

Tina Farrell, from Levenshulme, called Camelot after failing to win with several cards.

The 23-year-old, who said she had left school without a maths GCSE, said: "On one of my cards it said I had to find temperatures lower than -8. The numbers I uncovered were -6 and -7 so I thought I had won, and so did the woman in the shop. But when she scanned the card the machine said I hadn't.

"I phoned Camelot and they fobbed me off with some story that -6 is higher - not lower - than -8 but I'm not having it.

"I think Camelot are giving people the wrong impression - the card doesn't say to look for a colder or warmer temperature, it says to look for a higher or lower number. Six is a lower number than 8. Imagine how many people have been misled."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

~Coxy posted:

technically podcasts app was not part of ios6

anyway i still run ios6 on my timphone5 and i like it because it runs as fast as the day i bought it
i'll admit that some of the skeuomorphism did get a bit over the top but that is no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater in ios7

who the heck thought ripping a microsoft UI style off was a good idea anyway

anyway i'll probably upgrade to ios8 when they enable SMS from your mac but it'll probably run like poo poo so too bad

nice man I'm jealous . u can't even buy that phone with that OS anymore . iOS6 in iPhone five is literally rarer than iPhone 6+ etc

• Locked thread