Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
seeing the master for the first time in fallout. goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
volgin torturing that dude to death in the barrel ... yikes

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the first time you see a fatality in mk? Yikes

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

When your Mom's head exploded in Darkseed 2 and it explained everything.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
the part in thief 2 where those trees come to life and start killing you

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul8j9I90ueM

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Getting nuked & crawling to your death in CoD4. Of course every CoD after had to try to top the shock value and was terrible.

Also getting Stroggified in Quake 4 / and the general environments of Q2 & 4 of stroggs using human torsos and poo poo in their machines.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

any moment from the new silent hills trailer and demo

in ffxiv some chick resurrects her fiancée as a giant demonic head and that was kinda like woah for a game that also had carbuncles and chocobos

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

VideoGames posted:

seeing the master for the first time in fallout. goddamn

drat brah really like your new colored av

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Seshoho Cian posted:

When the baby ate the wasp in Harvester. :yikes:

Most of Harvester to be honest is like this.
Rape scene from Phantasmagoria, gently caress it I was too young for this poo poo.

Also rape/sex/whatever yahtzee calls it scene from 6 Days a Sacrifice.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Carlos and Jessica in Saints Row 2.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

LaTex Fetish posted:

drat brah really like your new colored av

thanks man, i got a couple other versions ready for when i feel like a change. pizzatime somehow improved it

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
The piano in Mario 64

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the end of deadly premonition

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Shelf Adventure posted:

The piano in Mario 64

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Breath of Fire IV.

Elina.

That's all.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
That DmC bit with the guy sniper-aborting and murdering some chick is just such blatant shock value garbage that the only response I really have is a blank-faced "wow, they really went that far" moment before continuing to vomit at the general badness of the game (especially the hamfisted symbolism throughout that pile of poo poo that climaxed in the boss fight that precedes that scene).

Also:

Shelf Adventure posted:

The piano in Mario 64

I have never played a horror game with a jump scare this potent.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Mazed posted:

Every time they insinuate that rape happened FFXIV

That poo poo does not belong in games w/ moogles and chocobos and such.

I mean god drat.

Whaaaaaaaat the fuuuuuuck? I skip a lot of quest/story poo poo in MMOs, but somehow FFXIV stuck with me more than most, so I read/watched poo poo here and there. I know the game is a bit risque at times (puff-puff and such) but do they seriously go this far? Any examples?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

Whaaaaaaaat the fuuuuuuck? I skip a lot of quest/story poo poo in MMOs, but somehow FFXIV stuck with me more than most, so I read/watched poo poo here and there. I know the game is a bit risque at times (puff-puff and such) but do they seriously go this far? Any examples?

there is a lot of hosed up poo poo that you can find in the game if you read the dialogue. this is why you shouldnt read the dialogue (but i do anyway :smith:)

this includes people who are not lalafells creeping on lalafells, and vice versa

i like to think that lalas are like cabbage patch kids and i will accept no other canon, gently caress you square

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mazed posted:

Every time they insinuate that rape happened FFXIV

That poo poo does not belong in games w/ moogles and chocobos and such.

I mean god drat.

wait what

i missed that poo poo. what the hell quest did that happen in?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Shelf Adventure posted:

The piano in Mario 64

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when i reached senator armstrong in MGR and realized he looks like a goon

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

When I start up a quicklook and hear Patrick Kelpek's voice. :yikes:

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
when you play black and white after midnight it starts whispering your name

it actually goes through your email client settings to heuristically determine your name, i mean wtf

Abandon fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 1, 2014

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Machai posted:

When I start up a quicklook and hear Patrick Kelpek's voice. :yikes:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nopat/fmcmeemfbnepjnokbgdfefpkdgfkobpj

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Carlos and Jessica in Saints Row 2.

Yeah now that I think about it a lot of the stuff in SR2 was pretty cringe worthy. Like beating the poo poo out of that Yakuza boss's son and burying him alive.

Abandon posted:

it actually goes through your email client settings to heuristically determine your name, i mean wtf

Whaaaat.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 1, 2014

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Abandon posted:

:yikes:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

:eyepop::pray:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the first time the hydra attacked me in melee and i was using a bad shield in dark souls

holy poo poo that's a threatening move.

that is completely worthless if you don't have a garbage shield and know how to hold block.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
that one side area in etrian odyssey 3 where a gang of gold statue foes hunt you down slowly and then petrify your entire party while all the random encounters try their hardest to break your knees

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mach2 posted:

That DmC bit with the guy sniper-aborting and murdering some chick is just such blatant shock value garbage that the only response I really have is a blank-faced "wow, they really went that far" moment before continuing to vomit at the general badness of the game (especially the hamfisted symbolism throughout that pile of poo poo that climaxed in the boss fight that precedes that scene).

play the game in spanish, its much better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPKHxbOg19s

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Harrow posted:

wait what

i missed that poo poo. what the hell quest did that happen in?

i haven't played recently so i have no clue if they added this recently or something but the only remotely rape related thing i can think of is during the arcanist questline there is some person who used to be a slave and who is afraid of the person who owned her. there's absolutely nothing that implies rape. for some reason though a lot of goons were like "haha it sounds like rape :mrgw:"

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
turning on the lights in Shalebridge Cradle for the first time without any loving idea what you're getting into

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

elf help book posted:

the end of deadly premonition

Oh poo poo, Emily ripping out the tree. Anyone who's done any gardening in their life just shrieks when I show them that, roots are loving strong.
Also no lie, the bit were Emily is missing and you're driving to George's house is legit the only time a game has really spooked me. A lot of games have tense atmosphere but this just hit something primal and it's stuck with me ever since.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
every time you saw tiger joe in god hand :yikes:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

tried the wildstar beta for a bit :yikes:

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Terror Sweat posted:

lol

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Angel0fD34th has joined the server :yikes:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Terror Sweat posted:

that boss lady was pretty :yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

A Spider Covets posted:

any moment from the new silent hills trailer and demo

in ffxiv some chick resurrects her fiancée as a giant demonic head and that was kinda like woah for a game that also had carbuncles and chocobos

how about that part in ffxiv where you come back to base to find everyone dead and have to do a quest to lug their dead bodies to a corpse cart because nobody else in town wants to be seen helping your group at all

• Locked thread