Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

That link provides a synopsis of the plot out of nowhere. Spoiler: Goodell realizes the errors of his ways and donates tons of money to brain research, becoming a hero.

Gonna be a lovely movie. Or a great comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Ridley loving Scott?!

E: I can't wait for the sequel where Goodell takes immediate and decisive action on domestic violence while sympathetically allowing the Broncos quarterback to honour his dead former teammate with a uniform violation

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Oct 14, 2014

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

why would anyone go see that movie

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tremendous Taste posted:

Mike Williams wants out of Buffalo, anyone need a decent, tall receiver?

e: wow he's actually not that tall, just has hops

He seems to have acquired the reputation of being a total shithead, so I think the Bills option here is probably to try and get a conditional pick back for him.

When he's been on the field, he was usually pretty good :shrug:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Apparently, despite his agent calling for trade options and the Bills confirming, Mike claims he's happy here :psyduck:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

only temporary posted:

Bob Stoops is the only one I can think of, and he doesn't seem like much of an LA guy.

Hands off, bitches. He's ours.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

Tremendous Taste posted:

Apparently, despite his agent calling for trade options and the Bills confirming, Mike claims he's happy here :psyduck:

He's still trying to figure out which he likes more: the ambiance, or the decor.

holy crap I never realized that rhymes

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dirt Worshipper posted:

He's still trying to figure out which he likes more: the ambiance, or the decor.

holy crap I never realized that rhymes

to be fair he grew up here so the city's appeal is multiplied a million times

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Don't see a single black explosion particle. St. Louis.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Chinatown posted:

Don't see a single black explosion particle. St. Louis.

The black ones don't matter.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions have the best defense in the league, the Browns just blew out the Steelers, and the combination of Scott Linehan and Rod Marinelli is leading the Cowboys to victory. O brave new world.

With the demise of the NFC South and the continued ineptitude of the AFC East, it looks like the Lions are lucking into an easy schedule for the second straight year. Let's hope they take better advantage of it this time.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The Lions have the best defense in the league, the Browns just blew out the Steelers, and the combination of Scott Linehan and Rod Marinelli is leading the Cowboys to victory. O brave new world.

With the demise of the NFC South and the continued ineptitude of the AFC East, it looks like the Lions are lucking into an easy schedule for the second straight year. Let's hope they take better advantage of it this time.

Hey wait a minute!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Niners getting that number 1 spot without a starting D-Lineman and two all-pro linebackers. Hail Vic.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

So does this mean he 49ers are going to get sooo close for 4 or 5 years until they finally win a Super Bowl?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

But I cannot believe the Niners were considering cutting Frank Gore over the summer. That's just beyond plausibility.

Correct. Gore is the 49ers' best player on either side of the line, and by a wide margin. No way they cut him while he's still playing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MakaVillian posted:

So does this mean he 49ers are going to get sooo close for 4 or 5 years until they finally win a Super Bowl?

3 down!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Things will become full circle, and San Francisco and Dallas will play in the next three NFC Title Games and then blow out the Bills and Chargers

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

mllaneza posted:

Correct. Gore is the 49ers' best player on either side of the line, and by a wide margin. No way they cut him while he's still playing.

Boldin is better and it's not close. :colbert:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
gently caress you say about Gore you punk? Boldin is great but you better not be talking poo poo about Frank Gore. :colbert:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shindragon posted:

gently caress you say about Gore you punk?

He's old

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Boldin is better and it's not close. :colbert:

Q owns forever.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

After the heat death of the universe, Anquan Boldin will still be making ridiculous catches and talking poo poo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

- MNF GDT

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans RG Brandon Brooks missed Thursday's game with a stomach flu. He lost 12 lbs in the hospital :stare:

e: Looks like a stomach flu combined with a URI

e2: I have no idea what these stats mean but apparently this is really good?

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Oct 14, 2014

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
However Gore ranks against other 49ers (what), cutting him would devastate the goodwill they have with the fanbase.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The Rams should fire Fisher regardless of a move.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

how is fisher still employed my god

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

only temporary posted:

Who is the biggest name on the market, though? Bob Stoops is the only one I can think of, and he doesn't seem like much of an LA guy.

Edit: I forgot about Gruden. It's gotta be him, right?

I don't see a guy like Stoops going to the NFL when he's treated like a god in Oklahoma.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Shindragon posted:

gently caress you say about Gore you punk? Boldin is great but you better not be talking poo poo about Frank Gore. :colbert:

Boldin owns and is carrying the offense in the passing game. Gore just has the whole team on his shoulders is all.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tremendous Taste posted:

why would anyone go see that movie
As someone who watched Draft Day, I would watch Untitled NFL Concussion Film starring Will Smith and potentially Alec Baldwin twice

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Harlock posted:

As someone who watched Draft Day, I would watch Untitled NFL Concussion Film starring Will Smith and potentially Alec Baldwin twice

Draft Day was such a bad movie. Like, how does the NFL get literally everything wrong about a football movie.

At least its not the Sepp Blatter movie I guess

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ramadu posted:

how does the NFL get literally everything wrong about a football movie.

You'd sort of have to if you're casting the NFL in a positive light.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Intruder posted:

Texans RG Brandon Brooks missed Thursday's game with a stomach flu. He lost 12 lbs in the hospital :stare:

e: Looks like a stomach flu combined with a URI

e2: I have no idea what these stats mean but apparently this is really good?

It's basically comparing how much the best player on each team is contributing to the team's wins. Watt is the Atlas of the NFL.

e: Actually, looking at that chart again it's probably just comparing the best defensive lineman on each team, not players of every position.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Spoeank posted:

Niners getting that number 1 spot without a starting D-Lineman and two all-pro linebackers. Hail Vic.

He's the best and if Oakland hires him I am going to be so pissed.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You'd sort of have to if you're casting the NFL in a positive light.

Well I mean, less the look of it and more the actual football and drafting part of it. Like what the gently caress, you have the Seahawks having the 1st pick the year they blow the pants off the Broncos?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The actual trades themselves were the best part. I don't remember the particulars but essentially Kevin Costner turns a 4th overall to a 1st overall and 6 other first rounders. It is god damned ridiculous.

Also the acting, directing, and script are god loving awful.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

It's basically comparing how much the best player on each team is contributing to the team's wins. Watt is the Atlas of the NFL.

e: Actually, looking at that chart again it's probably just comparing the best defensive lineman on each team, not players of every position.

Yeah it's just defensive ends. Phillip Rivers is far and away the overall league leader

JJ leads all non quarterbacks

http://www.advancedfootballanalytics.com/index.php/home/tools/vizualizations/position-leaders

Intruder fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Oct 14, 2014

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ed Reed's DPoY year 2004 chart looks a lot like Watt's this year and I have never seen any defender have as much impact on a game as Reed did that year. So that speaks pretty highly of Watt.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Ramadu posted:

At least its not the Sepp Blatter movie I guess

A Martin Scorssese movie about Sepp Blatter would be all kinds of amazing , sadly with wolf of wall street out people will complain that he is just repeating himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Ed Reed's DPoY year 2004 chart looks a lot like Watt's this year and I have never seen any defender have as much impact on a game as Reed did that year. So that speaks pretty highly of Watt.

I don't think anybody's doubting that Watt is a monster and a level above pretty muchevery other defender in the league.

Also, the Ravens were so drat lucky last/this decade having 2 HoFers on the same defense. Too bad the offense was pretty much Boller and more poo poo until Flacco came and even then just mediocre. The Ravens could have been a dynasty!

• Locked thread