Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

until nintendo releases a direct feed here's a zoomed in version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0y4hv62YEw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Dead.juice posted:

"Oh wow, he's climbed way up high."
"Yes."

What they really are saying in Japanese.
"Dude, check this poo poo out."
"gently caress man."

that would be funny to imagine

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The last 2 zelda games were complete poo poo and i have pattern recognition

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dont post here retard

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

dont post here retard

oh, did you like skyward sword or twilight princess? I think that makes you the retard.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
it looks so good. non wii u owners get reckt

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

actually, the last zelda was extremely good

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

This is a megaton of unbelievable proportions.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cyra posted:

it looks so good. non wii u owners get reckt

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Nanomashoes posted:

I'm seeing a pattern too: every thread you post in starts to suck. Begone.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Of the few things I got to see in that, I liked that they moved back to the free camera that windwaker used instead of the fixed cameras that have been a staple of the series. I don't think I mind using the gyroscope to aim, but I think I preferred using the wiimote to aim in previous titles, though its pretty clear that they're moving away from the sword control experiment. Its kinda a shame but understandable - I thought it was cool in skyward sword but some of the things they had to do to cover it up (only one enemy attacks at time when you're in a group, they have instant reactions to block attacks when you try to attack their 'open' side, etc) were pretty bad.

I hope they bring back the plethora of moves that you had in Twilight Princess, but make them all mandatory instead of optional so they can expand combat in the game to make it more interesting - Wind Waker had pretty good combat even if it only ended up being waiting for a counter, while TP also had fun combat if you used all the moves but the enemies were simplistic enough that you never needed any since they were supposed to be optional.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i need a direct stream nintendo. i need to see the grass caress link's feet. i need a real gameplay trailer.

also star fox

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

romanowski posted:

actually, the last zelda was extremely good

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Borsche69 posted:

Of the few things I got to see in that, I liked that they moved back to the free camera that windwaker used instead of the fixed cameras that have been a staple of the series. I don't think I mind using the gyroscope to aim, but I think I preferred using the wiimote to aim in previous titles, though its pretty clear that they're moving away from the sword control experiment. Its kinda a shame but understandable - I thought it was cool in skyward sword but some of the things they had to do to cover it up (only one enemy attacks at time when you're in a group, they have instant reactions to block attacks when you try to attack their 'open' side, etc) were pretty bad.

I hope they bring back the plethora of moves that you had in Twilight Princess, but make them all mandatory instead of optional so they can expand combat in the game to make it more interesting - Wind Waker had pretty good combat even if it only ended up being waiting for a counter, while TP also had fun combat if you used all the moves but the enemies were simplistic enough that you never needed any since they were supposed to be optional.

I think the best times in Wind Waker combat were where you were fighting a bunch of enemies at once and you could pop a counter on something you weren't directly fighting.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

twilight princess was good but the enemies were so easy and so afraid to hurt you it soured the experience. in skyward sword combat was much harder but for all of the wrong reasons.

link between worlds was really good and the difficulty felt great. i hope they manage to strike that balance with this title.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

link between worlds freakin owned

Dec 26, 2012

Sizup posted:

link between worlds freakin owned

Soral
May 30, 2009

Nanomashoes posted:

oh, did you like skyward sword or twilight princess? I think that makes you the retard.

twilight princess was not one of the last two zelda games you fuckign moron

Soral
May 30, 2009

if you dont have a profound respect for "The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds" then you should probably die

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Soral posted:

if you dont have a profound respect for "The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds" then you should probably die

I didn't play it because its on the 3ds I guess I should have clarified Mainline Zelda games

muddream
Oct 13, 2014

handheld is mainline, it's like castlevania

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Nanomashoes posted:

I didn't play it because its on the 3ds

Nanomashoes posted:

I think that makes you the retard.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

when Link leapt from the cliff's edge my heart stopped and I gasped in fear along with Miyamoto-san... but thankfully that man had the Sailcloth, which played an important role in Skyward Sword

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

Sub-Actuality posted:

when Link leapt from the cliff's edge my heart stopped and I gasped in fear along with Miyamoto-san... but thankfully that man had the Sailcloth, which played an important role in Skyward Sword

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

the original legend of zelda and majora's mask were the only two good zelda games. just putting that out there op.

maybe link to the past.

Ever heard of Windwaker.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Nanomashoes posted:

I didn't play it because its on the 3ds I guess I should have clarified Mainline Zelda games

Holy loving poo poo you're stupid

Soral
May 30, 2009

Nanomashoes posted:

reported

Dec 26, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

smdh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i love Link and all the adventures he has

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Game looks pretty sweet but I really really hope there's things to do in the world and that it isn't just empty wilderness with random battles.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like link's scarf

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Nanomashoes posted:

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Butt Ghost posted:

Phantom Hourglass was its sequel. Spirit Tracks was Phantom Hourglass' sequel.

yeah come on.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
That world looks spartan as hell. It's as if they went in an area in an MMO that you aren't supposed to be able to reach. It's still incredibly early though so hopefully they get around making it feel like it's an actual place.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Gimbal lock posted:

That world looks spartan as hell. It's as if they went in an area in an MMO that you aren't supposed to be able to reach. It's still incredibly early though so hopefully they get around making it feel like it's an actual place.

Shadow of the Colossus built its whole atmosphere on that feeling, but I hope they're not trying to ape it in this game. Zelda is not meant to be like that.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Hopefully open world just means like Link Between Worlds any order dungeons.

Dec 26, 2012

or original zelda, that would be cool

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

01011001 posted:

or original zelda, that would be cool

that too

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

FAKe!

thats not what miyamoto's voice sounds like. you thought you could troll this forum, didnt you,,,, welll,,,, think again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Mach2 posted:

Shadow of the Colossus built its whole atmosphere on that feeling, but I hope they're not trying to ape it in this game. Zelda is not meant to be like that.

This might be an unpopular opinion in Imp Zone, but copying the part of Shadow of the Colossus where the majority of the environments are empty dead badlands would be like copying the part of Starfox where the framerate is complete rear end.

• Locked thread