Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

where my jornada 720 bought on shsc, played with, gathered dust, sold on shsc crew at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

infernal machines posted:

jornada 720 supremacy

i wish i had kept mine

lol does anyone remember the shsc megathread about using this thing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this probably applies to every pc in this thread

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

why does it need both the direction pad and L/R buttons?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
anyone ever have one of this genre of pieces of trash non-computers that were almost-computers?

there were like 9001 versions of those fuckers from a dozen brands over a period of like 2 years and then everyone simultaneously realized that they were a terrible, terrible idea and switched to palmpilots

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

why does it need both the direction pad and L/R buttons?

left and right click.

the mouse is split between the two halves

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Sniep posted:

anyone ever have one of this genre of pieces of trash non-computers that were almost-computers?

there were like 9001 versions of those fuckers from a dozen brands over a period of like 2 years and then everyone simultaneously realized that they were a terrible, terrible idea and switched to palmpilots

i got one as a free gift when i opened a student bank account. i had the choice between a pocket organiser or a pager

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Sniep posted:

i had one (casio i think) but never used it for anything at all

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

left and right click.

the mouse is split between the two halves

what. that by definition is no way a mouse

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

what. that by definition is no way a mouse

the thumbstick moves the cursor, the l & r buttons click

it ran windows vista, it's not like you could use the resistive touchscreen to do anything useful

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Sniep posted:

These were super useful as translators back in the day before PDAs and smartphones

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

"more people are using these long vertical monitors at work for word processing. pretty cool"

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

the thumbstick moves the cursor, the l & r buttons click

it ran windows vista, it's not like you could use the resistive touchscreen to do anything useful

i'm the power, ethernet and usb all plugged into the right side, making it even more impossible to type

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Cardboard Box A posted:

These were super useful as translators back in the day before PDAs and smartphones

it's funny that you can do that with just about any monitor now and just go into preferences to rotate the display output

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

it's funny that you can do that with just about any monitor now and just go into preferences to rotate the display output

you could with CRTs too you just had to degauss them

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Sniep posted:

you could with CRTs too you just had to degauss them

they should make LCD monitors with a button that simulates degaussing for nerds like me. they'd sell like hotcakes

DornerHorse
May 21, 2014

Chewie, we're Prohm

looks like ol' jimbo finally found himself a suitable monitor

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
lol

slam flanders
Jan 13, 2015

DornerHorse posted:

looks like ol' jimbo finally found himself a suitable monitor