Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Lenora Mills, the Ghost
Hot 0 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions

She's... she's not running off. She doesn't think I'm a freak. She's actually trying to help!

I rub the heel of my palm at my eyes to dry the. Then, I wrap my arms around her and hug her back. When she says we should go somewhere special, I realize she's right. She's my friend now, and I should really try to impress her. You know, show her that I'm good for something other than being a bundle of nerves.

I say, half to myself, "Special, yeah..." I wrack my brain for the best place that I can actually afford. Maybe... Eden? Not as cheap as I'd normally like, but that means it's about ten dollars for a great meal instead of the forty you're looking at if you go to The Diner. I chuckle. Just because they have money doesn't mean they know anything about town. I say, confidently, "Let's go to Eden! It's a really good noodle place just a bit off campus. Ramen, soba, that sort of thing. And it's good stuff too, not the junk you buy in bulk. Bet we'll be eating better than Melody and them." I wrinkle my nose in distaste at when I Melody's name.

Still, I'm really feeling happy for the first time in a long while. I haven't really had a friend who was this nice to me in years.

God, I don't know what I'm going to do when she forgets me.

I'd say the +1 forward is for when you actually try and get Lenora out of her rut, as opposed to just being a nice friend.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Nadia Fern
Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
xp 2/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions

I was pretty relieved to see her okay again. And that she wasn't weirded out by the hug. I caught some poo poo for that in high school. Lisa always said I was the "touchy feely" type. Bluh I hated that. Makes me sound like I'm rubbing people's thighs or some poo poo. So I pull out of the hug after she starts talking. I don't want her to get the wrong idea or anything.
"Yeah cool. That sounds good. I didn't think a pissant town like this would have something like that." I pat her on the back and grin. "Hell, my treat! I'm feeling generous today."

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
The Diner Crew

It doesn't take long to get to the Diner, even if you are all walking instead of trying to pack into a car. It is right off of campus, on the dorm side, probably in an attempt to appeal to freshmen who don't know better than to not get overpriced food. But, it being a Sunday, even during breakfast hours the place seems pretty packed. Townies, and church-going townies at that. All dressed in their sunday best, with their (loud) children and parents and at least two or three large family groups taking up most of the big tables. Luckily, The Diner's staff has prepared this and opened up the back room they normally keep reserved for actual parties and the like and let people filter in there, which is where you all get shuffled off to. After taking your drink orders, the waitress scurries off to another table and then into the back for a bit. While you were seated relatively quickly, you get the sense that it might be a while before you actually get your drinks - or food for that matter.

You do notice a couple of the other tables around you giving you all surreptitious glances. Wonder what that's all about? Have any of you ever felt really stared at before since coming to Victoire? Or is this a new experience?

Amanda

The moment you walk into the diner, you get the itchy sense in the back of your skull that you've been here before, but you can't remember anything specific. Maybe something from That Night? Also the wait staff is giving you odder looks than they're giving the rest of the table. What does the waitress say (under her breath) that lets you piece together something you've done here, and why does it embarrass you?

Samantha
You see Lenora and Nadia embrace and start heading off somewhere after a moment on your way out the door - do you try to get their attention? If not, where are you heading? Who or what do you see when you get there that makes you regret not joining up with one of the groups?

I will have prompts for Lenora and Nadia once I know the result of Samantha's choice

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 17, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Amanda Ross
Hot: 2x Cold: -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1x
XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Poor Taste, Yours Truly.

When I stepped into the diner. I couldn't escape the feeling that I'd been here before. Something about the layout of the tables and the look of the outside of the building, I don't remember when though unless it was the other night. I can see all the wait staff nudging at each other and pointing at me and Melody for some reason. Still none of them said anything as they ushered is into a side room. I looked at the menu and I nearly had a heart attack. Even the cheapest thing on the menu was more than I spent on groceries in a week. But Melody the kind generous and loving person that she is must've noticed my look of shock because she generously offered to pay for all our meals. She's such a great girl. I made my order and gave it to the waitress but she whispered something really odd that took a minute to penetrate into my skull. "could you please keep your clothes on this time. There are children present." Oh god. oh poo poo.

I dropped my head into my hands. I'd done it again hadn't I? Mandy you know what you're like when you're that drunk you should know better by now girl. See I don't remember anything I did that night but I know what I'm like. See when I get real drunk my weird sense of humour comes out and you know what drunk me thinks is real freaking hilarious? Streaking. Yeah. Obviously I'd got real drunk at the party and for a bet or a dare or just because it was funny I'd clearly decided to streak through a crowded restaurant. I could feel my face turn red from embarrassment no wonder everyone was staring at me. I'm not used to being the centre of attention and this is the last thing I want to be known for. Hell I thought Seyah got it bad for sleepwalking into the fountain when everyone found out about this I'd never live it down.

Suddenly I don't feel quite so hungry after all.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Seyah Hakimi - The Diner
Hot: 0 Cold: 1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Predator

Sitting in the restaurant I felt really awkward and out of place. Everyone seemed so... different than what I was use too. The Sunday bests and all the stares at me. I knew it was all because I was here, "the terrorist". No, I wasn't a Muslim thank you, I am pretty well Atheist maybe barely agnostic. I had been asked that when i first came in the airport, I was really excited to see the city, maybe over dressed for the weather, with a shawl and long flowing dress with patterns of green, orange and brown which, I must admit had always made me feel good about myself. I looked good and I felt good.

However, the Amercians were not as understanding. There were the glares and the harsh whispers as soon as the train reached Victoire were hard enough, but when people started to edge away from me. I really felt like a total freak, and I guess maybe I was, otherwise, I would be like Melody and everyone would like me and want to be around me. Instead I was the weirdo and the freak.

I blushed brightly sitting next to Tori and said "Sorry about this. They are most likely staring at me." I felt like running away, but I had to calm down, and not freak out. I was almost holding it together though feeling very nervous and very conscious of everyone around me.

You can do this, come on Seyah. Just shrug it off you are going to be cool, Tori and Kat and and Melody let you tag along. Then I heard it behind me, "OH MY GOD, they let YOUR TYPE in here? I thought this Diner was for true AMERICANS." Someone was making fun of me and standing right behind me. This was utterly terrible, and I freaked out, I didn't know what to say, I turned my head, and the large man with a american flag as a tee shirt leaned down almost dwarfing me with his presence.

I opening my mouth, "I-"

He shot back with, "Do you understand me? Well, I'm not going to talk in your Ching Chang language y'all have over here. This here is a real GOD FEARING country. Why don't you go back to where you came from we don't want you here." He said and then got up to leave, "I'm not going to sit next to a terrist, you tell your manager that." He said to a poor waitress who balked at the large man and his family.

The man walked out with his wife and three children glaring back at me, and I just had enough. I pulled my legs to my chest and rocked on the chair. Don't freak out, oh poo poo, I'm freaking out. Now everyone hates me, and it is all hosed up, I can't win.

I was too scared to run, but my head to my chest the tears falling on to my knees and floor. I could see them slowly falling one after another. This was terrible, I can't look up, if I do, it will all tumble away from me. Maybe if I don't say anything and don't look they won't notice and I can be okay.

Attempt to hold steady
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 3+1 = 4
+xp and +sadness

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 18, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Melody Skye-Edgars
Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
XP: 1/5 Harm 0/4 Condition: Dear Leader

I'd rather this place not be as packed as it is, but we're having a fun time of it. So many people around - I'm sure a few of them recognize me. Luckily no one's said anything yet, but it's a wonder I haven't been asked to sign anything. I've already signed a poster of one of my mom's movies (I was not only not in it, I wasn't born yet,) on the first day and affirmed my identity to like, fifteen people walking around campus. I hope they don't bother us... well, actually, I hope one comes by right at the end of the meal. That'd be the best time for it., dramatically.

Only a day before class, it's like there's a restless energy in the air to either get ready... or have as much fun as possible between now and the start of term. The waitress comes to take our orders (cinnamon mocha and blueberry muffin for me) and I let her know everything will be on my check, smiling happily about it. Noblesse oblige, after all. While everyone places theirs, I've got a question for Kat.

"So, Kat, if I'm able to rent a place off campus - you know, not live there since we're stuck in the dorms, but for parties - would you like to help me decorate it?"

Before I can discuss my plans with her - of course we'll both have rooms there, for sleeping there after the festivities - some dumb racist starts yelling at Sayeh.

First off, racism is so two centuries ago. Everyone here but me is human, so they're all equal in my eyes. And being mad about her religion, accusing her of what, 9/11'ing people? Who invited Rudy Guilliani here? Secondly, she's one of -my- guests. Insult her, you're insulting my tastes and the company I keep. That is unacceptable, and I won't let it stand.

While they're in the midst of storming out, I call out to the man, getting up from my seat to make sure everyone can see me.

"Is there some hidden camera around here or something?" I interject at the man that's harassing Sayeh, obviously appalled at his actions. "I just... are you for real? This isn't some prank, or something? I mean, if it isn't..." I pause, looking him in the eyes, sweeping my hands around slightly - building tension. After a carefully timed moment, I add "Well, doesn't that sort of make you a bigoted rear end in a top hat? Apologize to her!"

Shut Down Racist: 2d6+1 4
Hard move, XP, fair trade I guess?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 17, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Tori Huntsman
Hot 2, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark -1
XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Stuck Up, Predator

I'm used to getting stared at, I won't lie. Not always like this, but it's part of the whole style and beauty thing. However, these stares are definitely not the appreciative types. These are the stares of judgmental puritans as Elizabeth likes to call them. I just call them pricks, but I've also not been around for more than a century. People who have nothing better in their short, insignificant lives to sit around judging people that look and act differently than they do. This isn't even the worst I've gotten glares like this. Right after I was turned, while I was finishing up high school, I decided to convince this boy from a very respectable family to invite me to prom at his very respectable school. My little black dress was mostly the first two and barely the second. Was it my proudest moment as a person? Not really. Did I not have to worry about going hungry for the rest of the year? Of course. The girls were just like that bitch Tiffany, all "that's scandalous" and "why doesn't she respect herself?". What they wouldn't do if they didn't think God or whoever was watching..

I snap back to attention at the table, when cute little Seyah starts to apologize about the staring. "You can't apologize for what stupid people think. That's how they win, they make you feel sorry for being you." Now, I may be quoting Elizabeth on this one, but it's a very important thing to who I am now. I pat Seyah's head gently. "I wouldn't.."

Before I can finish the sentence, Melody is up on her feet being aggressive about the whole thing. Not that the racist prick doesn't deserve it, but the sooner the so-called human being leaves, the sooner I can order a very rare steak and a good cup of coffee and the sooner I'll be to not wanting to eat people until tonight. I lean in a little closer to Seyah. "I wouldn't do what Melody's doing, even though it feels good to yell at racist pricks."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Samantha Hunter
Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: None

Ugh. Now I'm in a bad mood and hungry, what a start to the day. Heading out of the building I round the corner to see Nadia and Lenora hugging and then getting up to head off. Wow, are they hooking up already? Should I not say anything then, wouldn't want to interrupt a date... But should I warn Nadia about Lenora being a ghost? Her aura is already pretty messed up, and who knows what Lenora is planning on doing. Does she feed on humans? I don't even know, maybe that was why Nadia's aura is all funky, if Lenora has been eating it? I should go with them then, just to make sure nothing bad happens, Lenora wouldn't try anything if I'm around, right?

I put on a boost of speed to catch up to them, slowing down to a normal pace a few feet behind and calling out, "Hey Nadia, Lenora! You two on a date? Don't want to butt in if you are." I guess if they are I'll just watch from a distance or something, make sure Nadia is alright.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Lenora Mills, the Ghost

I'm just feeling better when Samantha catches up to us. I catch her give a suspicious look at me, but then she just asks if we're going on a date. I... I don't know how respond to that. It's just so... crazy! But I don't want to make her mad. She's kinda scary. So, I just say, while giving her a wry smile, "No. It just turns out that we're not cool enough to go with the rich kids, so we were going to go get some noodles." I don't give her as hard a sell as I gave Nadia. Maybe she won't come if she thinks we're getting lovely ramen. She's just staring at Nadia, though. I'm not sure what's going on now. I start playing with my hair nervously while I wait for her to respond.

Turn on Sam: 2d6 8

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Nadia Fern

"What? No! We're not on a date! Does it look like it?" poo poo poo poo gently caress poo poo gently caress. I didn't notice myself going red, just making the whole thing worse.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Kat Zetterstrom
Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: -1 Dark: +2 Resentment: 0
XP: 0+1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions:

Once the group started to assemble, I felt myself fade into the background a bit, as usual. I was fine with it, though, and I just followed Melody's lead. I was a little surprised and disappointed that she didn't invite Lenora to come with us as well, but she was gone before I could say anything.

When we saw a few turned heads as we entered, I assumed it was because of Melody - even in the short time I'd known her, I'd already seen people recognize her. I certainly hadn't expected what happened next - I knew Victoire wasn't exactly the most progressive place in the world, but I hadn't expected anything like that. Before I knew it, Seyah was sobbing uncontrollably and Melody was shouting at the racist rear end in a top hat. I was happy to see Melody standing up for Seyah, but personally I was stunned almost speechless. If someone had made a wish, maybe I could have done something, but as it was I felt pretty helpless.

At least I could comfort Seyah, though. Not sure of what to say, I leaned in and hugged her. Normally I was a little shy about things like that, but considering what she had just experienced, I felt like human contact was exactly what she needed. I squeezed her tight, hoping it would help her feel better. "It's okay," I finally said. "You just have to ignore idiots like that."

Turning on Seyah: 2d6+1 6

I'll use Kat's string on Seyah to bump it up to a 7.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Diner

The man sneers and looks like he's about to open his mouth, but his equally unappealing wife beats him to it, turning around and getting into Melody's face. "Oooh, I recognize you. Your father outta be ashamed of you! You're just liberal Hollywood Trash!" She spews rancorously, curling her lip as she speaks. "You can be sure I'm gonna call the radio, and the news, and gonna post it all over the internet! Everyone's gonna know what kinda children your parents are raising!" There's the sound of a camera phone going off as one of the delightful couple's children grabs a snap of the encounter, then the parents grab their children by the hands and storm out.

Everyone is definitely staring at Melody, and by proxy, the rest of the table now - and definitely not in an idle townie curiosity way. Does anyone think to diffuse the situation, or is discretion the better part of valor here?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Tori Huntsman

I sigh, looking over towards Melody trying to do the right thing in general while all I wanted to do was the right thing for a bit of peace and quiet. I look up at her, smirking as the loud racists leave. "I'm sure your father would be very ashamed that you turned out to hate racists in tacky shirts." Elizabeth said this place was rural, but I wasn't quite expecting this. If you drive a few hours, you'd get to one of the biggest cities in the world, where people at least pretend that not everyone dressed in a certain way is some sort of terrorist. "Well, we have three choices now. Either we order and pretend that nothing happened, we try to do something nice for the people still here or we leave and never come back on Sunday mornings."

I give a soft shrug, trying to remain as calm as I could despite all the tension going on. Take a deep breath and don't go turn that racist into a two-day meal. I'll have a talk to her later about maybe getting some western clothes, but only if she really wants them. On campus, they should at least not shout loudly for no reason about it. I put my arm around Seyah as well, managing to lean in and get around Kat as well. "They're gone now. Just try to take some deep breaths, we'll still be here. I wish that people like that wouldn't come to places like this, but we can't control things like that."

Turn On Kat
[10:22.30] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+2
[10:22.31] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 11+2 = 13
Gain string on Kat

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Melody Skye-Edgars

Well, that's hardly surprising. Should have known that man, his sow wife, and their spawn wouldn't have a scrap of manners between them. Really, though - she's what, going to try and make a big deal out of me in right wing media or something? I'd have liked the opportunity to say something back, of course - she called me trash, and I am literally the furthest thing from trash that exists in this or any other dimension - but, like cowards, they fled. Leaving our table, me specifically, as the center of attention. Perfect.

Tori lets me know my dad wouldn't be disappointed in me - while I appreciate her saying it, it's not like I really need dad's approval - and I smile back at her, glad she's trying to be nice. It looks like the rest of the table is focused on helping out Sayeh, so I'll handle the hostile crowd that's formed.

"Sorry for causing a scene, everyone." I didn't cause it, the racist Tea Partier did. This way though, I look and sound magnanimous. Looking towards the manager, I smile at him. "I'll pay for everyone's meal, if they want, to make amends. Provided they don't mind this Hollywood Liberal, or her friends, just trying to have a nice meal before classes start." I'm extending my credit card towards the manager, letting him take the offer or leave it. I mean, they could just kick us out. It'd be stupid, but it's a possibility.

Manipulate Manager: 2d6+2 12

All in all, this went splendidly. Not like I need more fame, but I don't think mouth-breathing southerners are my audience anyways. And it has been a few years since Sean Hannity has yelled about me, so hopefully he'll come up with better material this time around.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Seyah Hakimi - The Diner
XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Predator

I was sniffling and crying, Tori's touch made me purr a bit and press into it. But I couldn't look up just yet, Melody was yelling now and it was all so confusing and hurtful. I hadn't done anything, but sit down and now everyone's time was ruined. It was all my fault and I didn't know what to do.

Kat's hug took me by surprise and I found myself hugging her back tight. "I... Just wish they would go away and disappear forever. Leave me alone." I blubbered out and then everyone was yelling back and they were yelling even louder. I had to get out of here before they did something worse! It is all me being here.

If I wasn't here everyone would have a great time and Kat wouldn't be sad and Tori wouldn't think I am a total freak. The only thing I could do is go away and hide so no one could see me. Then everyone would be happier.

I mumble "I gotta get out before it gets worse. I am so sorry Kat." I tried to break away from the hug and instead ended up on my back. The chair slipped out from me and the warm lovely hug was replaced by the hard floor. I tried to get up but slipped and fell again this time on my face.

Defeated I curled into a ball on the floor and rocked slightly.

attempting to run away
<Axphone> !roll 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Axphone, 7-1 = 6
Giving kat what she wants for seyah to get out of the diner+xp +shame

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 18, 2015

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Kat Zetterstrom
Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: -1 Dark: +2 Resentment: 0
XP: 1+1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions:

And there it was. As Tori piled in to join the hug, squeezing herself against both of us, she said the words I needed to hear, and I didn't think twice. I let the magic flow through me and granted her wish.

Just moments later, after poor Seyah made a wish of her own - one that sounded a little too dangerous to grant - and fell on the floor, the manager finally spoke up, addressing Melody first. "I appreciate your generosity, miss," he said, suddenly seeming more composed than he had mere moments before, "but I'm the one who should be apologizing to you and your friends. In fact," he said, turning to the assembled customers as a whole, "I would like to apologize to everyone who had to witness that embarrassing display. Those two are banned from the Diner from this moment forward, and I want to make it clear that that kind of bigotry is not welcome here, ever." Something about his tone of voice made it very clear that he was going to follow through on his words.

He turned back to our table, sympathy in his eyes. "Once again, I'm so sorry that happened to you. For today, everything is on the house. And if there's anything I can do for you," he said, looking at Seyah, still on the floor, "please let me know."

I hoped that would help Seyah, though I recognized that she might be beyond consoling for a little while. In any case, it felt good to give Tori and everyone what they wanted. Of course, as always, they wouldn't know that it was me, unfortunately.

Granting Tori's Wish: 2d6+2 10

Note that I'm assuming for the moment that Seyah doesn't have Kat's ring on her, or else this would probably go a bit differently.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Amanda Ross

I glanced up at the sound of arguing voices. Some fat ignorant racist piece of trash was accusing Seyah of being some sort of terrorist. Which is utterly ridiculous and worse than that he'd tried to insult Melody. Just because she was Californian didn't mean she was automatically some sort of Hollywood liberal. But that kind of idiot didn't care as far as he was concerned it was obviously just another insult. Dunno where the hell he thought he knew Melody from though and even if he did that wasn't an excuse to insult her. Fortunately she handled with all her usual fire and passion and called the idiot exactly what he was. Her gesture offering to pay for everyone's meals was fantastic. I can't believe how wonderfully generous she is like that.

Fortunately before anyone else stepped in the manager came over and personally apologised to our whole table. Wow. I guess that's why this place is packed when they resolve problems like that, We're being treated like royalty. and we're just an ordinary bunch of college girls who are nothing special. Maybe this place was worth the extortionate prices it charged. I actually felt kind of guilty for streaking through it now.

I turned to Melody. and said softly. "that was a really brave thing you did standing up to a bigot like that. Good job." before giving her my best smile.

[23:47] Ferrosol turning on melody
[23:47] Ferrosol !r 2d6+3
[23:47] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7+3 = 10

gaining a string on her

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Tori Huntsman

"Seyah, it's safe now." I stick my head awkwardly onto the diner chair where Seyah was sitting, trying not to be too mean. She looks like she doesn't need it right now, but I plan on having a very serious talk about how to deal with pricks and how much of it doesn't involve curling into a ball on the floor. "Please, come back up. Everything's going to be fine. No one who matters is mad at you."

Seyah looks good enough to eat down there, but I know better than something that blatant. Trouble with a capital T. I offer a hand to help her back up. "If you want to talk, I'll be right there, alright? We should talk about something more fun than all this." Fun is a great word, even if it doesn't feel like a good one right now. "Classes start tomorrow, what's everyone's schedules look like? Other than early morning calculus, mine doesn't look too bad. Where's our server?" The train of thought that leads right back to food right now. That's definitely not good. "Breakfast is the most important meal, right?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Melody Skye-Edgars

Well, isn't that nice. Being treated like I actually deserve is a pleasant change at SUNY. Of course I'll graciously accept. "Thank you, that'll be nice."

Sitting back down, I'm letting myself look a little pleased with how everything turned out. Got to publicly defend my friends (well Sayeh's not really but that's my little secret), there'll be a video of me calling out a racist rear end in a top hat on the internet which'll be good for my reputation, and best of all the whole thing's on the house, like we're VIPs. I mean I am, of course, but that's just getting back to it being nice to be treated the way I deserve.

"You alright Sayeh?" I ask, feigning concern. She does seem a bit upset - pull it together, I handled things for you - frown a bit in sympathy at her answer, then try to go back to talking to Kat. Amanda has other ideas, however, and is faster on the verbal draw. She's really impressed with how I handled things, which makes sense. There's a really nice smile to go with it, and you know what? Maybe it's just the light, or giddiness over how well my day's going... I think my evaluation of her earlier was wrong. She's pretty in a common sort of way in a somewhat noticeable way.

Returning her smile ninety percent, I put an elbow on the table and then gently rest my chin on my hand, putting us closer together, making the conversation a bit more private. I do like being praised after all, and am feeling good enough to give her some of my own. "Oh, thanks Amanda. I appreciate it." Pausing like I'm trying to think of something to say - like I'm actually a little nervous about it even, I add, "Is that your natural hair color? It's very nice, regardless." Before you ask, yes my glorious fiery red is entirely natural. Well, Fae, which is even better.

Turn On Amanda: 2d6+2 7
Leanan Sidhe - Since Amanda has yours truly, get to cross out an option on the 7-9 list. Self / Promise / String?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 19, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Samantha Hunter

"Haha, sorry. Just saw the two of you hugging, and if it was a date I wouldn't want to butt in, you know." Not a date, so I can safely tag along without being awkward, right? And, protecting Nadia aside, I'm suddenly noticing that, even with a ghostly aura, or maybe because of it, Lenora actually looks really attractive, smiling and playing with her hair like that. "Do you mind if I tag along? I could use some food, and apparently I'm not cool enough for a 'Melody Thing' either. You know she actually called it that? No sense of self awareness at all." Yes, this is what I need, mocking the rich kids and food!

Lenora can have a string

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Nadia Fern

"Ha, really? People with no self awareness just make me feel embarrassed for them." I'd say I was being ironic but that would require more awareness. "Anyway yeah I'm cool with it at least. Because it's not a date. Not that anything is wrong with girls dating of course. It's just I haven't dated since..." I put my head in my elbow and held my other hand out. "I'm not crying! I just haven't dated since, VIETNAM! Twenty years ago. I bought some chocolate for my date and then this pissed off Puerto Rican guy jacked all my poo poo! I was like 'hey!' And he as all 'burrito!' I don't even know what burrito means!" I just grinned like an idiot and laughed. Nothing like Frank to really lighten a mood.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Seyah Hakimi - The Diner

I started getting to my feet and wiped the tears from my eyes, having completely and utterly humiliated myself. Really, totally and thoroughly humiliated myself with no possibility for any reconciliation. Really if I had any plans at all, I should have just run out the window and hidden in the woods for a few days. That would be the reasonable thing to do, but the manager had made me feel better as had everyone who defended me. I hugged Melody, Kat, and Tori a tight hug and very softly, "Thank you so much" was whispered to each as I hugged. Words could not express the gratitude that I had for all of them. No one had ever defended me that way, ever.

In my home country, I had looked different and I knew that it would be hard here, but never expected to be attacked. I had been put down and beat down at times a lot for being different and this was my escape, what right did that man have be in being in my escape? I didn't do anything to him at all, except for existing. I think that was my biggest crime at home too, and it had struck a deep and sad chord, I had hoped to hide from everyone here. Then it all came out at once, there was no defending against it at home, and it would have been violent. I didn't want more bruises and scars.

I had enough of those.

Hugging Tori again, I give a single kiss on her cheek. "Thank you for being so nice. Your a better roommate than I am." I turned my chair upright and sat down, my tears still drying on my cheek as I looked the waitress. I gave a harsh and hollow whisper to her, "Thank you, can I have some waffles and sausage." I whispered and gave a choke before drinking from my glass of water. Giving a small sad smile to everyone else there.

Turning on Tori
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6+0
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 11+0 = 11

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Lenora Mills, the Ghost

Well, at least we all can bond over our mutual dislike for the rich girls. WHO IGNORED US EVEN WHE- Ok, not going to go down that path again. This is going to be fun. Probably better if Sam wasn't coming along, but still. Maybe I'll get her off my case. I say, "Yeah, she seems like she'd be that kind of person. Someone who's famous because her parents are famous probably won't have any self reflection."

Then Nadia starts spouting gibberish. I kind of trade a concerned look with Sam. Maybe she knows what's going on, because I sure don't. But I try and smile at Nadia anyway. After all, what are friends for?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Samantha Hunter

I have to stop myself from staring at Nadia, and exchange a brief look of puzzlement with Lenora instead. As she finished, I'm pretty sure that was a reference to something, but I have no idea what, so I just laugh a little to help avoid any awkward silences. Before the conversation has a change to address what she might have been saying, I jump in with a question, "so where are we getting noodles, anyway?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Amanda Ross

"oh, you like my hair?" I said. But it's all I can do not to whoop for joy. She likes my hair! I mean it's usually a bit of mares nest and I have to fight it most mornings to tame it into something manageable. I mean it's nothing like her hair, so red and straight and I could just reach out and.... focus. "Yeah, I'm a natural blonde for my sins. don't worry I've heard all the blonde jokes before." I was somehow able to add. "How do you keep your hair like that anyway? If i tried to let mine grow out that long it'd just be... well you saw what it looked like this morning." Oh really clever Amanda yeah remind her what a mess you looked like this morning that'll make her look at you like that again.

giving melody a string on me

Quick, distraction. "Oh it looks like they're waiting for our order. What are you having?" I asked before pretending to stare at the menu to hide my embarrassment. I really couldn't decide myself. I mean normally I'd just eat a light breakfast and have a coffee or something but since our order was free I was having a hard time choosing.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Nadia Fern

"What you guys don't know Filthy Frank? Y'all suck. Well whatever. I'll drive."

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 19, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Noodle Crew

The drive to Eden is pleasant, if a bit muggy - upstate New York Augusts get that way. Still, the three of you, unfettered by trying to look rich or worried about trying to fit into rich girl image, are soon laughing and chatting away. Eden itself is only sparsely populated today - a small hole in the wall just off of Victoire's tiny Main Street. But in a way that makes it more authentic. There's a small bar to the left with an open and visible kitchen directly behind it, and to the right a pair of booths. You'd imagine the door in the back leads to both the freezers and the bathrooms. Behind the counter is an older asian man, currently writing down an order over the phone, and behind him a pair of younger men, probably his sons or nephews judging by the family resemblance, work at the fryers and ovens ceaselessly. Is there anything that looks particularly good here? Is this sort of place a kind of a new experience for you or is it old hat?

Lenora

You've been to Eden a few times in the past few years. Of course, the staff doesn't recognize you, but what's your fondest memory of this place so far? On that note, the ride over was a lot of fun! Do Nadia and Samantha remind you of anyone, even just a little? What were your relationships like with those people and how did they end? What do you think you can do with these two to make the year even better than that?

Samantha

You catch a little bit of a spark between Lenora and Nadia on the drive over, making you feel slightly like a third wheel. But is it more than that? Is there some sort of jealousy there? If so, how do you intend to deal with it?

Nadia

Not a lot of freshmen come to town with a car of their own (it's generally frowned upon by the faculty for freshmen, since parking is at a premium all over campus). How'd you manage it yourself? Or did you ask Mammon? If so, has he called in your debt on it yet, or do you think he's waiting for a better opportunity?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Nadia Fern

Myself? I got my ride for my sixteenth birthday. It's just a Honda dad had his 'capital' sunk into another property at the time. Everyone in my family has a car. Just one. Not like some rich assholes I know. And of course I brought it with me. Can't let that piece of crap fall apart in the garage. I have to park off campus usually but I get to avoid the townies. My fashion sense doesn't fly too well the farther from campus I get.
Yeah I'm not really a foodie. I just kind of eat whatever. Like, I watch what I eat. I'm not fat. But then that's a word that has lost all meaning. A plus size model is basically a normal human being. So I'm doing well by any sane standard. Anything that they stick some meat in it probably. I don't think I've eaten more than two vegetables in one sitting. And clearly I couldn't handle that kind of change.

"So are we boothing it or what?" I ask after arbitrarily settling on the first menu item that sounds okay.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 19, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Tori Huntsman

Focus, Tori! My eyes hang on Seyah's body as she sneaks back up to the table. For someone who seems to get me as a predator, she certainly doesn't act the part, but I can't help but continue to watch. She's somewhere between a kitten and a tiger, and just her getting physically close. Luckily, I'm saved by the wonderfully-timed waitress who showed up before I decide to try to order something off the menu. "Coffee, room for cream, rare steak and eggs. Thank you."

I try my best to treat this affection like it's normal, smiling over to Seyah before whispering into her ear. "We should talk once we get back. Some place more quiet." I turn to the rest of the group, trying to force some pleasant conversation. "So, does anyone have any plans for what they're doing this term outside of classes?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

...Oh. We're... driving there. That's ok. I'm fine now. Really. And this car isn't roaring at me while trying to murder me. Again. So, I just won't look out the window, and it'll be fine, right?

Once we get to Eden, I'm actually feeling good! The drive was fine, and everyone else is happy. And the more I listen to them, the more Samantha and Nadia remind me of some of my friends my second freshman year. Jessie and Tommy, respectively. Jessie was always scary, but once I got to know her, she really opened up. Looked out for me a lot. Tommy was a real nerd, though. Always had some stupid reference to make, but I think he was just doing it to make himself laugh. He never minded when I didn't get it. Still, both of them ended the same way almost all my friendships ended. They forgot about me over summer. I've got to figure out how to keep people from forgetting me. Samantha... might be different, though. She just knew something was up when she saw me, after all. I'll have to talk to her about it. Not with Nadia around, though.

I think Tommy dropped out last year, though. He's working at the lumber mill. I always get a little hazy when I go out that far, so I've stopped trying to catch a glimpse of him at work.

Since I can't really taste food and I don't get hungry, I just end up getting the cheapest thing, which is a small vegetarian ramen bowl. No point in wasting Nadia's money, right?

I point out a booth that lets you look out the window and see the people walking by while still giving you a good view of the kitchen. I say, "Oh, that's my favorite spot! Let's take it before someone else gets it!"
Once we order and get settled in, I say, "By the way, how are you feeling Sam? You look like you had a rough night."

She does look a bit rundown, but I'm more sating my curiosity about what she was doing last night. I saw the light from her computer leaking out from under the door and heard her voice getting more and more annoyed throughout the night. Maybe she was playing a game? Didn't take her for a gamer, but you never know, right?

Shut down Sam: 2d6+1 10
Take the condition Night Owl

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 21, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Melody Skye-Edgars

"Oh, it's just like this." I answer Amanda not-at-all modestly. I'm proud of my hair, It's one of my favorite features of mine. "Lucky me, right?" I'd keep going on about it, I actually have a spiel about my hair practiced and it's rather good, but the waitress comes over and starts taking orders. I'm sure the others in here are keeping an eye or two on me still, so being rude and ignoring her wouldn't be wise.

Since it looks like this has turned into more of a brunch than a morning coffee and snack for everyone else, I think I'll change my order slightly. I answer Amanda and the waitress at the same time. "Apple cinnamon crepes and a french vanilla coffee for me, please." I smile at her and hand over my menu, having not opened it the entire time.

While we're waiting on our orders, Tori's asked what we're going to be doing outside of class. Since it doesn't look like anyone wants to go first, it's up to me to be bold. "Well," I begin, doing my best to look like I don't want to be too forthcoming with my myriad impressive endeavors, "I'll be getting a house with Kat. We can't live there due to the rules for freshmen, but..." I raise my eyebrows and laugh once, "we can throw parties there, right?" I'll obviously be up to so much more than just that, but it is probably one of my first priorities in the short-run.

Grabbing Kat's hand, I look around from face to face before finally turning towards her. "You'll help me decorate it, right? Since you did such a good job with our dorm room?" She really had done. I give her my best movie-star grin (I've seen my parents do them all their lives, the key is to make it look natural and have a flawless face), tightening my grip on her hand just a bit.

Turn On Kat: 2d6+2 9
String / Promise / Self?

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Kat Zetterstrom
Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: -1 Dark: +2 Resentment: 1
XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions:

"Of course!" I answered Melody immediately. God, I was so lucky to have made a friend like her already. She's cool, smart, pretty... and really nice, too! I didn't think I'd really done anything special with the dorm room, but I was grateful for the praise nonetheless.

"I'll have the same thing as her," I said to the waitress when she got to me, referencing Mel's order. In the midst of all that drama I hadn't had the chance to look at the menu, but I didn't want to hold anyone up. What she'd ordered sounded pretty good, and I trusted her judgement.

I pondered my own answer to Tori's question. The truth was that besides class all I wanted to do was, well, make friends and hang out with people and have cool college experiences. But that sounded like a pretty lame, generic answer. Unable to think of anything better, I just sat quietly.

Kat promises to give Melody what she wants - help decorating the house.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Amanda Ross

Melody talks about getting a house like it's no big thing. Must be nice to be able to just get what you want and never have to worry about what it costs. Unfortunately in the real world some of us have to work for what we want. Still the waitress seems to be waiting for my order and well those crepes do sound delicious. "I'll have the crepes as well but make my drink a black coffee no milk one sugar." I need something to liven me up this morning.

Still Tori's question needs an answer. "I'll mostly be working, managed to score a job at McDonalds. Minimum wage but hey it pays the bills." I say modestly. Not like Tori even looks like she knows what work is. But no there's no need to be catty like that Amanda it's not her fault that she's rich and she was just really nice to Seyah when she didn't have to be. "Tell you what if you're hungry and i'm on night shift come and grab a midnight snack and I'll give you the staff discount "not noticing that as I gestured the collar on my shirt rode down revealing my neck. "That goes for all of you too,"

Inadvertently Turning on Tori
[09:01] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[09:01] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+2 = 7

Sayeh seems to look a bit lost and forlorn. I feel sorry for her "So Sayeh, what have you been enjoying most since you arrived in America?" hopefully that'll bring her out of her shell the poor girl. It can't be easy having to deal with that kind of racist ignorant bigot.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Seyah Hakimi - The Diner

I pressed closer to Tori as she whispered to me and blushed brightly, though I didn't know why I was. It felt secret and naughty at the same time very innocent and urgent, I admired Tori how perfect she seemed as sat there. She didn't have anything like what happened happen to her, maybe I could figure out how to be like her. Then my plans would be in place, and in my sad stupor, I realized that Kat was now more attached to Melody than before. I had figured I would separate them, but it was obvious that my plans would have to change. Several thoughts raced through my mind including the new avenue with Tori.

It was obvious that I didn't have control over the situation, so first, "Tori, lets." My hand squeezed hers for a moment with a mysterious smile that was only broken by me biting my lip subtly . We were going to run off together! That was totally cool plan now, but I also had to chance to get into parties with Melody! That would be essential for everything I did.

"Oh wow that is amazing Melody!" I said to Melody, and drank some of my water, wiping my tears away. "I hope you invite Tori and I. That would be amazing to go to parties again, I missed my underground clubs where I am from." I wiggled in my chair excited this was going to be a great experience, I just had to convince Melody. Maybe, if I convinced her that we were a pair, she would be more adept to let me go! I liked the thought of Tori and I being a pair and there was another disconnected blush across my cheek.

I was distracted from Amanda, but her direct question had jolted me into realizing that I had almost completely passed her over, I needed more situational awareness, just because she didn't have the connections doesn't mean that she wasn't possible to be of use. Even better, maybe we could be friends, and I would be more ingrained into the group. Melody after all had a focus on her, that meant that I could stay where I was right now, with her help. I should be nice to her.

"Oh no one asked me that yet, that is a hard question Amanda! I was going to say, I loved the countryside, though I was going to say that I loved New York City. The energy and something was happening all the time, it was amazing to see all those skyscrapers and just all the things to do. I didn't try to go clubbing or something, I only stayed a night.Or at least I would have said those were my favorite things, but I have to admit, I would say that you all are most likely what I like best about america. Back home, I couldn't have found girls as nice and friendly as you all." I said, a blush across my face, and a meaningful glance to Tori and Melody it was effective and once again, not predicted.

I really needed to work on my blushing, it was giving me away!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Tori Huntsman

As ordinary as Amanda seems, there is a little something about her that makes her seem -delicious- at the moment. Then again, I don't think she's the type to offer me cheap barely-meat hamburgers after what I said about instant coffee. Still, I could see what she wanted when there were less people around. I won't promise to eat anything less than one hundred percent organic, but I can at least put forth the effort. "Of course I'll come visit at some point. Late night studying goes well with late night food." Not that I plan on studying that much, but it would give a good reason to visit looking for a meal.

Tori gives Amanda what she thinks she wants: Come to see her at work to become get food.

While I was trying very hard not to stare at Amanda's neck, Seyah moved closer to me, being quite adorable as she does so. I know she has her own reasons, but I can't be completely sure what they are. Better to stay close and figure out what it is that she wants. Still, I should help her for my own sake. I don't want a weird roommate that everyone will avoid if I can avoid it. "Parties sound like fun. I know the right sort of people to invite to a party. Speaking of parties, I'm probably going to trying to join one of the sororities on campus. Something of a family tradition." I stop for a moment to look at the others. "It seems like it should be worth all the effort, however. Kappa Delta has connections all over the country. Or at least, that's what my aunt says." I really hate calling Elizabeth my aunt, but it's better than sire or person who turned me into a blood-feeding creature of the night.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Seyah Hakimi - The Diner

"I gotta admit, I hadn't thought of joining anything, is it really a good place to meet people Tori?" I said innocently and nodded to Tori, this was a good plan a very good plan. Tori was really pretty and really smart, all those connections it would be possible to build a massive web, a country spanning web. It would be so pretty. Though I wasn't as good looking as Tori it might be harder, along with other issues. I would have to think it over, and that would take a bit of time, but really right now, I knew what I wanted to do in the mean time. I was surprised by myself, but there was a small smile on my lips as well.

"Not sure if I was the type they would admit." I said honestly, back on thinking of joining one. I needed an in.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Amanda works at McDonalds? That's... I don't think I've ever known anyone that works at a restaurant before. Has to be hard to live on fifteen dollars an hour - how tragic for her. Hmm... well, I do have so much. Perhaps she'd appreciate some groceries later? Good ones, no instant coffee allowed in the cart.

Talk turns to sororities, and both Tori and Sayeh mention Kappa Delta. Supposedly quite prestigious, though I've never heard of it. Then again I'm not allowed to join one, so I haven't paid them much attention. Tori seems pretty sure of her chances, and she should be. She's rich, pretty, and was almost certainly the most popular girl at her high school. Sayeh seems a little less confident, which is unfortunate. Weird as she is, I intend for her to be one of my friends. If she wants into that sorority, I'll arrange it for her. If she asks, of course.

"Sayeh, I can get you in if you want." I announce plainly, looking at her like I'm offering her a trifle and not something she treasures. "Into Kappa Delta."

Picking my phone up off the table, I open my phone and scroll and scroll through names until I find the Office of Greek Life (SUNY) entry, then show Sayeh that I've got them in my phone. I didn't before, though. If you're ever lucky enough to have one of the Lords or Ladies offer you a gift, you might note there's always a faint magic to it. I even let her hold the phone, almost as if daring her to just call them now herself. "I can call them, talk about what happened here - how horribly you were treated - and explain they should let you in. It'd be that simple... if you want, that is."

Reaching out and putting a hand on my phone, almost as if I could take it from her at any moment, I wonder what she'll decide?

Offering Sayeh a Faery Boon - You may offer someone else a faery boon, allowing them to:
  • Open 1 passage (Entry into Kappa Delta) they otherwise would have been barred from.
In exchange, they take the condition Yours Truly [Melody feels like they should be thankful, but also resents them a little, and it's definitely not completely above board]. If they spurn your kindness, give them a string.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 21, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Nadia Fern

Lenny is chatting up Sam so I figure this is as good a time as any to address the monkey on my shoulder. I stare at the menu and talk under my breath to make it look like I'm over thinking a diet or some poo poo. I think I gotten pretty good at covertly keeping contact with the brand. "So like, do you mind? Why are you all eye of Suaron over my shoulder anyway?"
"Well my dear Miss Fern." Mammon always belted out in an over dramatic baritone. He clearly having fun with this poo poo. "As you know I am a connoisseur. And you have stumbled upon quite an interesting treasure. Do you intend to claim it?"
"Haha rear end in a top hat. I already had that misunderstanding."
"Such an interesting soul that one is. But I knew this place would be interesting, as per our agreement. Though it seems we have come across a greater windfall than I imagined."
"Yeah well what's so interesting about her? I don't want you eyeballin' my friends."
"Friends already? You need not worry regardless. I will not reach out to her. After all she might come to us."
"Like I'm going to introduce her to you. So are you going to give me a straight answer."
"Of course not Miss Fern. I relish giving vague answers and filling out vague requests. I get to... stretch my legs and work my magic. But you already knew that Miss Fern. Your attempts at being concise and precise have been admirable if nothing else." He let out a little chuckle before I broke off the contact. Sometimes he gets like that. It's cute in retrospect how he plays up the cackling genie gimmick but it's a pain in the rear end in the midst of it.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Tori Huntsman

Well, it isn't like -I- wouldn't want Seyah to join. She seems like she's very smart and definitely pretty. But given what I've heard, they might not be so kind to her. She's got baggage that might keep her out. Before I get a chance to voice my concerns, however, Melody said she would give a call to the Office of Greek Life and see if she could put in a good word. "Well, it won't necessarily be easy." I look over at Amanda for a moment, making a bit of a face while I look back at Seyah. "I don't know any of the other girls yet, and I'm not exactly wanting to do it very much. But it's your choice, Seyah. I'll be happy either way."

At this point, I'll just be thrilled when I can sink my fangs into some steak. "I also don't know if they do anything crazy with the newer girls yet. The first meeting-thing is this Friday, though."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Samantha Hunter
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Night Owl

Every so often on the car trip over, I'd catch Lenora glancing at Nadia with an expression I couldn't quite interpret, so despite their protests, I can't help but feel that there might be something between them after all. But when we get to Eden and order, Lenora seems pretty comfortable talking to me, so maybe I'm wrong? I have no idea. Her question gives me plenty else to think about at any rate.

She was up late as well, and she knows I was... Does that mean she was actively stopping my ward from working last night? So she knows what I was up to, and is she taunting me about my failure? Or was it an innocent question? So hard to tell. I smile back at her, pretending like I didn't notice the subtext to her question. "Oh, I'm alright, just a little sleepy. I was up later than I meant to, kept getting sucked into the internet, you know how it is. Sit down to watch one youtube video and end up having watched a few hours of college humor or something."

While we talk, the waitress comes over with a small pot of tea and three cups, so I pour myself one, "So, are you from around here? You seem to know the area pretty well to know about a place like this." I flash her a smile, then take a long sip of tea, staring at the rippling reflection in the cup as I set it down.

Gazing into the abyss
8:38:42 PM godfish !r 2d6+2
8:38:43 PM Krysmbot godfish, 7+2 = 9
what was the stopping the spell? I'll take confusing an alarming visions for 900 please

• Locked thread