Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
RIP TNA

https://twitter.com/The305MVP/status/603622236424044545

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

holy poo poo what a punch in the nuts

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

congrats to roh and their new tv advertising partner, eckankar

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

a "ring of honor" sounds like something eckankar would be interested in.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
This is the greatest day of them all & I'm so glad i got to see it happen!

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god! What is Kurt Angle doing in the Unemployment Zone?!

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There's a sub 1% chance Destination America wants both RoH and TNA. This is amazing.

Edit:

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 27, 2015

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
I literally cannot stop laughing. This is great.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Forget about Paul Heyman, I would have done the job way cheaper and as of June 2015 in my 13 year TEW game, TNA is the number 1 promotion in the world. Oh the things we could have done together Dixie. We could have conquered the world.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

Bryan Alvarez ‏@bryanalvarez 3m3 minutes ago

I'll have all the ROH/@DestAmerica scoops at 12 PT/3 ET on Wrestling Observer Live @SportsBylineUSA @iHeartRadio http://www.wrestlingobserver.com !

I usually skip WO Live, but this is def going to be one I won't want to miss

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It just keeps. Getting. Better. :allears:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

lol it's perfect. Destination America gets wrestling. They're really just paying for tapes because I'd be shocked if this was anything but re-airing ROH TV. TNA gets hosed embarrassingly bad.

GOD IS GOOD

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-..._medium=twitter

Looks like the first show will be the NJPW/ROH crossover stuff from the Toronto taping, which is cool.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

sportsgenius86 posted:

lol it's perfect. Destination America gets wrestling. They're really just paying for tapes because I'd be shocked if this was anything but re-airing ROH TV. TNA gets hosed embarrassingly bad.

GOD IS GOOD

Yeah, the ROH show on Destination America is just the Sinclair broadcast from the weekend.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The fact that they're obviously trying to poach as much of the TNA audience as they can before the cancellation is even funnier to me.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Can't wait for the TNA Mecca meltdown when they realise that this isn't leading to a cross promotional feud. The petulant whining about refusing to watch the lead in, the out and out tantrums when ROH gets TNA's spot. It'll be glorious.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

PW Insider posted:

TNA had Spud scheduled to do interviews today to promote this Friday's episode of Impact but the entire tour was canceled minutes ago.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
They likely aren't paying ROH the same that they'e paying TNA, because ROH isn't relying on it. This gets ROH more exposure and as far as I know, they aren't producing new content for this so it's not really any added production cost for them. So they wouldn't need the kind of money they are giving TNA while certainly being able to draw the same ratings if not better.

If it turns out that this is going to be an entirely different show than what gets shown on Sinclair stations then I could be wrong about it being a cheaper option.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Sigma posted:

Counterpoint: RoH looks like it is filmed at a strip mall.

RIP TNA

RIP Dixie Carter's Parent's Money

I watched the first couple weeks of TNA on DA and it's production was so bad it was basically ROH level. ROH has improved a lot since a year ago.

I'd say they're about equal right now, unless TNA has improved since I stopped watching ages ago.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

goc posted:

They likely aren't paying ROH the same that they'e paying TNA, because ROH isn't relying on it. This gets ROH more exposure and as far as I know, they aren't producing new content for this so it's not really any added production cost for them. So they wouldn't need the kind of money they are giving TNA while certainly being able to draw the same ratings if not better.

If it turns out that this is going to be an entirely different show than what gets shown on Sinclair stations then I could be wrong about it being a cheaper option.

From this press release it definitely appeast to be just ROH TV simulcast on DA. Which is great, as DA will be prob happy with smaller ratings as they just have to buy the tapes to an already produced show and it'll give ROH some extra exposure.

quote:

Silver Spring, Md.) –Destination America announced today that it has signed a national broadcast deal with professional wrestling league RING OF HONOR, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., bringing one of the most respected wrestling organizations to the only network dedicated to all-American entertainment. Destination America is now the one-two-punch to professional wrestling, adding RING OF HONOR (ROH) to its line-up after launching IMPACT WRESTLING in early 2015. RING OF HONOR has been delivering top wrestling matches for ten years with captivating hard-hitting stars such as Jay & Mark Briscoe, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, The Young Bucks, Maria Kanellis, Adam Cole and Jay Lethal. Destination America will pack on the action beginning Wednesday June 3 with the series premiere of RING OF HONOR at 8/7c leading into brand new premieres of IMPACT WRESTLING at 9/8c.

"With the electric and intense matches that RING OF HONOR provides, Destination America is the network for fans to get an entire evening of jaw-dropping entertainment on Wednesday nights,” said Marc Etkind, general manager of Destination America. “RING OF HONOR showcases tenacity, athleticism and passion and it serves as the place where America’s favorite wrestling stars are born.”

“We are very excited to be partnering with Destination America for the broader distribution of the ROH programming,” commented Joe Koff, Chief Operating Officer - Ring of Honor Wrestling. “ROH will now reach an additional 57 million households including those in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia and other large cities where Ring of Honor is not currently airing. ROH has a loyal fan base and is one of the fastest growing major wrestling franchises in the country. With this great partnership with Destination America, we can continue to expand our footprint and reach while producing entertaining, original content and continuing to provide wrestling fans some of the best wrestling content available.”

RING OF HONOR will premiere on Wednesday, June 3 leading into IMPACT WRESTLING, making Destination America the home for wrestling every Wednesday evening. The first match will feature the Briscoe Brothers, Mark and Jay, as they face off with the House of Truth in the main event. Also catch athletes of New Japan Pro Wrestling battle it out with the RING OF HONOR stars and follow former NFL lineman Moose compete against BJ Whitmer.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Thauros posted:

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-..._medium=twitter

Looks like the first show will be the NJPW/ROH crossover stuff from the Toronto taping, which is cool.

Is this the same card for this Saturday's TV airing? ROH isn't syndicated in Chicago and id love to be able to watch it on my TV instead of my tablet.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I watched the first couple weeks of TNA on DA and it's production was so bad it was basically ROH level. ROH has improved a lot since a year ago.

I'd say they're about equal right now, unless TNA has improved since I stopped watching ages ago.

Plus whatever DA is paying them might be the little jolt they need to beef up production. They don't need much, and Sinclair will still be covering the bulk of the costs I imagine.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
How much does this really help ROH's distribution? I thought the entire reason everyone made fun of TNA moving to Destination America in the first place was that hardly anyone got the channel.

Not that TNA getting completely screwed isn't hilarious, because that part's obviously great.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

goc posted:

yea, they're not paying for the company to run entirely, they're literally just buying tapes to air.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

How much does this really help ROH's distribution? I thought the entire reason everyone made fun of TNA moving to Destination America in the first place was that hardly anyone got the channel.

Not that TNA getting completely screwed isn't hilarious, because that part's obviously great.

It's a major downgrade from Spike but it's a nice boost for a company currently relying on late night slots on a network of stations missing many major metro areas.

http://rohwrestling.com/content/ROHTVListings

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lmao

lmao

everything is beautiful and nothing hurts

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'm glad that DA decided to pick up ROH rather than stick with TNA until they never wanted to see another man in tights fake fight again.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Grozz Nuy posted:

ROH is going from Sinclair networks to both Sinclair networks and Destination America. This is an improvement.

TNA went from Spike TV to Destination America. This is a massive downgrade.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Grozz Nuy posted:

TNA going from Spike to Destination America was a major downgrade, since it has something like half the households Spike had, tops. For a company that lives and dies on its national show, it's a big problem.

ROH has no national deals, and their exposure is just local stations picking up syndication. They're only adding, not replacing, and they're going from no national viewers to some national viewers. It's 100% an upgrade from their previous position, especially since they can take the DA money and put it into production without compromising any other aspects of the business.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Grozz Nuy posted:

This deal will give them a set time (in prime time no less) on a technically national network as opposed to random times on local affiliates.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

ROH on DA as a leadin also exposes the product to TNA hardcores, who do exist and might make up a pretty significant percentage of the audience that followed them to the Alaska Cookout Ghost network.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Fat Lowtax posted:

ROH on DA as a leadin also exposes the product to TNA hardcores, who do exist and might make up a pretty significant percentage of the audience that followed them to the Alaska Cookout Ghost network.

Plus those TNA hardcores can finally find out where all those TNA guys they liked disappeared to

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Welcome to ROHMecca.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

they could have

but didn't.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

how many aneurysms do you think chris regal has had so far today

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Kevin Kelly: would you like to know more about the god-knowledge living inside your soul? Press 1 to get in touch with a living ECK Master

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Today is the greatest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Anime Curator posted:

they could have

but didn't.

They actually gave TNA several shows and cancelled them almost immediately

• Locked thread