Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jul 11, 2003

by astral
I'll take one of these stingy motherfuckers spots!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Payment sent. LEGGO

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Will pay this week I've been on vacation

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Homestar Runner has decided to bow out. Dubious, check your PMs and come on down if still interested!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I am down like syndrome to take all you motherfuckers out. I'll join up shortly.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Can a degenerate like me get a wait list spot?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Paid

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

commy gun posted:

Can a degenerate like me get a wait list spot?

Sure but your chances are extremely slim at this late date.

heyniceperro
Mar 22, 2007

You're the one for me, fatty.
paid, haven't been checking this thread

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Payment sent!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Actually i'm gonna drop my spot in this one. Too much on the plate. Next man up!

TRASH TALK absorbed back into my hateful self.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Jota you're up!

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Awesome, thanks. I'll sign up tonight or tomorrow morning and pay the money.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Jota posted:

Awesome, thanks. I'll sign up tonight or tomorrow morning and pay the money.

I cleaned out my PM Box if you need to reply to anything.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Jota joined, just waiting on his payment. We are now full!

Everybody make sure that the Tuesday, September 1 6:30 PM PDT draft time works for you. An auction autodraft combined with these merciless Goons can lead to an extremely odd-looking team.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Bots bid stupidly high amounts.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

coronaball posted:

Jota joined, just waiting on his payment. We are now full!

Everybody make sure that the Tuesday, September 1 6:30 PM PDT draft time works for you. An auction autodraft combined with these merciless Goons can lead to an extremely odd-looking team.
My first auction draft league, I'm so excited. Nominate defenses first right? :D

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Nevermind I'm in est this time is fine

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Aug 21, 2015

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Silly Burrito posted:

Bots bid stupidly high amounts.

Yeah. My advice: Get there early and get your poo poo together. If you don't think you can make it in time, arrange for a trusted confidant to draft with detailed instructions in your stead.

This may sound harsh, but trust me, I'm trying to help you because you do NOT want the computer auto-auction drafting for you. :)

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
In addition, if you auto draft you are human scum

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Anyone know if you can draft from the Yahoo app as an emergency backup? The ESPN app allows it, but not sure about Yahoo.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Money is sent

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Silly Burrito posted:

Anyone know if you can draft from the Yahoo app as an emergency backup? The ESPN app allows it, but not sure about Yahoo.
Yes I'm pretty sure you can because I did a mock auction draft in the app. My main takeaway: its really loving hard to type your bids in quickly and not at all convenient. I ended up buying Jeremy Hill for 75 instead of the 45 I meant to hit.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
west coaster here ok with draft date and time. In fact I could go a half hour or so earlier if need be. Not sure how many other west coast guys we have.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I can't go any earlier since I gotta coach my kids soccer practice. I'll barely make it on time as it is.

Fair warning for the newbies and East Coasters: this deal usually takes about 2.5 hours. It is an exercise in perseverance.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
i love auction drafts

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

coronaball posted:

I can't go any earlier since I gotta coach my kids soccer practice. I'll barely make it on time as it is.

Fair warning for the newbies and East Coasters: this deal usually takes about 2.5 hours. It is an exercise in perseverance.

Thanks for the heads-up - this will be my first auction draft, hope I don't screw myself too bad with funbux.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
i am going to autodraft but have my custom yahoo rankings set so everyone is only worth $1 and you spergs will fill your rosters with junk trying to unload them on me and then i will pop in and reveal i have been there the whole time and it was all a ruse and shall then dominate the draft

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I will not be outbid for the Sex Cannon.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

toxicsunset posted:

i am going to autodraft

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

RIP

but seriously autodrafting in Auction Drafts is hosed because it fucks the rest of us up - drafting against a dumb computer changes the entire dynamic.

e: also an autodrafted auction draft team is going to be rear end

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 28, 2015

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
it was a joke finish reading my post

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Draft still tonight? Draft tonight! :woop:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

This draft is TONIGHT! :siren:

I will be racing to get home so if you see I'm not logged in at the very beginning don't worry, I haven't sent up some zombie league and ran off with your money or anything. And if you could nominate somebody boring like Kyle Rudolph or Seattle defense in the beginning that would be great. :cool:

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
nominatin g tebow. not really. but i am going to get very drunk for this draft. my previous sober draft strategy has proven fruitless. im drafting yukon jack, captain morgan and wine coolers

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I got drunk during the 16 team beer league draft and it went horribly. I plan to repeat that tonight

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Jota posted:

I got drunk during the 16 team beer league draft and it went horribly. I plan to repeat that tonight

Same :agreed: :agreed: :agreed: :agreed: :agreed: :agreed: :agreed: :agreed:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Good draft, gentlemen. I came, I saw, I spent every drat penny I had.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Well my bench sucks but I'm #2 for starters! Woo.

• Locked thread