Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

psure that made it better op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Jesus Christ posted:

i can tell you that belgium is good and cool and yah we're the butt of a lot of jokes but we don't care 'cause our beer is awesome and the womens are hot and there's also lots of cool people from other countries living there and it's not too expensive to live in and there are lots of jobs and if you want to take a weekend vacation we're only like a couple hours from basically everywhere else that's toursisty-fun to visit for vacation but sucks to actually live in, and our economy is not imploding

it's a pretty chill place and more people should visit :)

[edit] just looked up la peniche and wtf are you doing that far north in the center, there's nothing interesting up there except for warehouse raves along the canals

i remember walking into that square and being legit shocked at how pretty it was. def a cool place to visit. your parks loving suck dick tho

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Yo my friend was an exchange officer in the Belgian Air Force and he said it was cool as hell. Also when they would deploy to Africa the Belgians would gently caress the local hookers which seems like a bad idea. He speaks fluent French cause of it but I guess some people speak a totally different language? hosed up if true

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

Roy posted:

It's called a chalice m8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ9f2rnjB84

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Maybe cause we're eastern european but my friend stayed in belgium for a year - he said the superior pay never compensated for how ugly all the chicks were. His words not mine, never been there. Also apparently every 4th guy is gay. That's all i got.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Mr Underhill posted:

every 4th guy is gay.

That's just Europe in general.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

Mycroft Holmes posted:

That's just Europe in general.

Not here it isn't

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
europe rules, you wouldn't believe how much cool stuff from africa, asia minor and asia major they have stolen

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
ever notice most of the the roman portrait statuary is in the berlin glyphothek?

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
what's leuven like, i have to go there in a few months

Saucy Slit
Jul 27, 2011
Just gonna leave dis hurrr....

https://vimeo.com/26148934

This alone makes me want to visit and par-tay with all of youse.

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
Belgians are great people. Just look at all the great things they did in the Congo.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Mr Underhill posted:

Not here it isn't

well yeah, you guys beat all of them to death

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

CodeJanitor posted:

Belgians are great people. Just look at all the great things they did in the Congo.

The Belgians never acutally owned it, the people of Congo just named it that ironically

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

in eu4 i always conquer belgium and luxembourg as the netherlands and then i culturally genocide them so everyone is dutch and i think this should still happen because theres literally no reason for belgium or luxembourg to exist

also if they were united and the walloons were all killed maybe they wouldnt have been so loving useless in ww1 and ww2

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

San Marino is also quite pointless. It's literally just an Italian city state that was allowed to not unify like all the other city states else because Garibaldi liked them or some poo poo.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Swan Curry posted:

what's leuven like, i have to go there in a few months

leuven is just a college town so take that as you will. the good thing about belgium is it's so small that you can go by train to any other city in the country in less than like 2 hours, so go check places like liege and namur and ghent and bruges if you've got a free afternoon. oh, and go check out the cantillon brewery in brussels and the westvletern abbey, you can tour them and get some of the best beer you'll ever drink for really cheap.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
liege is probably the worst place i've ever been in my life imo, it's like the pitt from fallout 3

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

belgium as a nation is the worst thing on the planet and its people are responsible for 90% of the world's evil

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

TEAYCHES posted:

in eu4 i always conquer belgium and luxembourg as the netherlands and then i culturally genocide them so everyone is dutch and i think this should still happen because theres literally no reason for belgium or luxembourg to exist

also if they were united and the walloons were all killed maybe they wouldnt have been so loving useless in ww1 and ww2

swamp germans are even worse. nothing of value would be lost if the dams broke

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

There was dog poo poo everywhere.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

gently caress Lycurgus

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

kith_groupie posted:

lol if you think that is the worst dick in Brussels

:nws: true :nws:

Abdul Alhazred
Mar 15, 2007

That's the best thug-tear tattoo ive ever seen and I'm getting one

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
belgium is close to luxembourg which is cool for cheap gas

Bokito posted:

belgian roads lol

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Jesus Christ posted:

[edit] just looked up la peniche and wtf are you doing that far north in the center, there's nothing interesting up there except for warehouse raves along the canals

what, is it in molenbeek? anyone remember "bulten" from back in the 90s? that was a cool place.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

:love: Brussels EU architecture

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

Junior G-man posted:

:love: Brussels EU architecture

Used to live right near there, a couple blocks away from Square Ambiorix. It was definitely my most favorite house I rented even if it was a bit quiet :3 Can even see the streets I walked when coming home in that photo.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Jesus Christ posted:

leuven is just a college town so take that as you will. the good thing about belgium is it's so small that you can go by train to any other city in the country in less than like 2 hours, so go check places like liege and namur and ghent and bruges if you've got a free afternoon. oh, and go check out the cantillon brewery in brussels and the westvletern abbey, you can tour them and get some of the best beer you'll ever drink for really cheap.

thanks jesus

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Belgium put up a good fight in WWI, so they're alright in my book

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Waffles and chocolate own, beer owns. Natural history museum was cool too. The monuments glorifying colonial times are pretty weird though. Gonna go eat some moules & probably get the shits

Laf

George Rouncewell fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 26, 2015

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

cheap amazing beer, cheap amazing seafood, cheap amazing fries

ergo belgium is sweet

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Also fukken dinosaurs

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Illegal Username posted:

Waffles and chocolate own, beer owns. Natural history museum was cool too. The monuments glorifying colonial times are pretty weird though. Gonna go eat some moules & probably get the shits

Laf

did you go see the africa museum in tervuren? those little islands in the lake, they put a tribal family on one of them to live there, and at some point they died. afaik the museum is still not really transparent about what happened during the belgian colonial rule of congo.

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
why does Bulgium have so many weird houses

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
I've visited Belgium several times, always enjoyed the trip. Except for Antwerp, which I found depressing and the people rude.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

didn't the belgians have a revolution too, it just gets lost in the shuffle around the cool relevant revolutions

mackensie
Apr 17, 2002
I was at NATO military hq in Mons for a while. The only way you could tell it was summer was because the rain was warmer. And in winter! The fog! Holy mother of whatever, it was awful driving. And the whole language thing, French and some form of Dutch (Flem? Phelgm? lol). The two language zones are constantly fighting. A Flemish tree falls in the French speaking area? War! It is the country that invented the petit-bourgeois.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

dadrips posted:

why does Bulgium have so many weird houses

'cause you're in the loving suburbs, where every house sucks regardless of country

Not that my house sucked but I was always jealous of my neighbors house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
mm very nice

• Locked thread