Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
That Panther bridge is so burned you'd have to sign Steve to a one day contact after slipping him a 48 hour roofie.

And god help you if it passed early...

Last words broadcast before cut to static during Panthers Smitty retirement presser:

"Gatekeeper!

*sounds of chaos*

Work him back!

Shoot him!

Shoooot hiiiiiim!"

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Mike McCoy said after the game that he was really sad because he wouldn't be a head coach without Steve Smith being there when he was a coordinator in Carolina.

RIP Steve Smith Sr.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

That Panther bridge is so burned you'd have to sign Steve to a one day contact after slipping him a 48 hour roofie.

And god help you if it passed early...

Last words broadcast before cut to static during Panthers Smitty retirement presser:

"Gatekeeper!

*sounds of chaos*

Work him back!

Shoot him!

Shoooot hiiiiiim!"

idk I think you could rebuild a lot of bridges if you let Steve either ether whomever he wanted in his presser and/or beat Delhomme with a trash can.

poo poo there's people where I don't want my name in their mouth unless I write it on a bullet and put it there, and I'd gladly shake their hands if I could beat Delhomme with a trash can.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

I hope Carolina does the right thing and signs him to a one-day deal and lets him retire in the fall.

I also hope he picks a fight with someone in his retirement presser but let's be honest that part's gonna happen. Didn't the Panthers sign some corner Smith hated after they ditched him?

I would also accept a Steve Smith Senior retirement presser that's just him beating Jake Delhomme with a trash can for thirty minutes and poo poo talking him the entire time.

You might be thinking of Roman Harper, which gives me an excuse to post this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54jLO6WlBws

Smitty catches an amazing touchdown, walks into the endzone. Roman Harper cheap shots him, and Smitty takes the time to spin the ball and celebrate before knocking Harper to the ground.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

You might be thinking of Roman Harper, which gives me an excuse to post this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54jLO6WlBws

Smitty catches an amazing touchdown, walks into the endzone. Roman Harper cheap shots him, and Smitty takes the time to spin the ball and celebrate before knocking Harper to the ground.

This is my favorite Steve Smith moment. Total cheap shot and Smith just spins the ball and pounds his head like a badass then takes Harper to school

I'm going to miss Steve Smith, he was incredible

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Steve Smith is apparently friendly with Richardson there probably won't be an issue and he'll retire a panther.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

BlindSite posted:

Steve Smith is apparently friendly with Richardson there probably won't be an issue and he'll retire a panther.

Steve Smith and Jerry Richardson are very close. Steve will likely retire a Panther.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

This is my favorite Steve Smith moment. Total cheap shot and Smith just spins the ball and pounds his head like a badass then takes Harper to school

I'm going to miss Steve Smith, he was incredible

The best part is that Harper didn't even lay out the dirty hit and SSS still destroys him. :cool:

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Harper absolutely made the hit. Smith just destroyed the cornerback because he didnt know who hit him (probably)

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
I'm pretty sure it was Harper who made the hit, but the guy he destroys at the end is Malcolm Jenkins.

Like, what the gently caress are you thinking in that situation, Malcolm?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like to think of myself as the Steve Smith Sr of TFF just without the talent, athleticism and charisma

edit: steve smith is one of my all-time favorite non-Dolphin players

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BasicFunk posted:

Steve Smith and Jerry Richardson are very close. Steve will likely retire a Panther.

Yes.

He will have a statue, a ceremony, the works.

The statue will likely be the pose from x clown.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Nov 2, 2015

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Oberst posted:

https://youtu.be/Dpwud-ixWqE

https://youtu.be/EaxtSoZNZFA

Imagine I put a video of the 2009 game vs the Eagles where he told Delhomme: "You're not very handsome and I don't like you as a QB" here

http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXboxscoresXX201501030pit.htm

https://youtu.be/g_zlG5rlDGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_zlG5rlDGs
That one is the best. I can't think of another dude that can just stare a fully grown man into submission like that.

My tribute to SSSr.

SlipUp fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 2, 2015

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Reminder that Steve Smith went to watch the Australian Open live just to support American and Panthers fan John Isner. He didn't even tell him he was going to go. Just kinda showed up and was like :respek:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Steve Smith will play next year because an NFL without him is an NFL I'm not prepared to have.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oumfq8slGTQ

I found this as well and thought it was a great interview. At the very end he says something about planning to write his own ending to his career. It gives me a shred of hope he'll come back. Like, he said he wanted to retire and all, and gave a date, but no way he wants to go out like this.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Steve Smith's career cannot end like this. Unacceptable. Get this man back on the panthers immediately.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He would be less beat up if he got run down on a crosswalk by a Buick. He should probably retire.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
"It's so quiet in here it's like a library. They must be reading about Steve Smith."

-Steve Smith

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Steve Smith should be a hof lock. He put up hof stats with all of 3 seasons of component qb play from delhomme, half a season of mediocre matt moore, and one full season with Flacco, but he wont because John Kasay hosed up a kickoff 12 years ago

https://youtu.be/g2MZMwx3Mck

BrownThunder posted:

Steve Smith Sr. never scored against the Steelers. He knew better

Led the team that retired Polamalu and Ike Taylor in yards and receptions :smugbird:

Oberst fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 2, 2015

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
He's apparently reconsidering retirement now.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
:sadwave: R.I.P. Steve Smith Sr., gentleman and scholar.

gently caress Roman Harper.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Steve Smith Sr.'s Hall of Fame speech is going to be so loving good

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ostentatious posted:

Steve Smith Sr.'s Hall of Fame speech is going to be so loving good

Seriously. I hope he has more venom than even Michael Jordan's HOF speech.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Steve smith owns forever and it sucks that he may be gone.

Fuckbois are rejoicing now that their nightmare may be leaving

HOF first ballot please

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Oberst posted:

another heap of shite

Smugbird indeed, Oberst. Smugbird indeed

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Seeing this guy in purple will forever be a blessing, he is like the perfect fit to the Ravens

I really hope he comes back for one more year :smith:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The only way I will accept a Steve Smith retirement is if he and Eugene Robinson end up with a podcast and/or radio show.

It'd be glorious. :swoon:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Andre Johnson is going to boot him out of the top 10 in receiving yards and I am glad of it

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Intruder posted:

Andre Johnson is going to boot him out of the top 10 in receiving yards and I am glad of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ILs1ALU3O0

Edit: Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLhZ52vVK-I

waah fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 3, 2015

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Is it modsass to call you a fuckboy? I'm asking for a friend.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 3, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Pretty good highlight for the guy about to be #11 all time in receiving yards, that's the kind of play that gets you that high in the list

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Nothing wrong with being in the top 11 all time in receiving yards.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Those are some hard fought yards in a modern age with sports science and Chip Kelly smoothies. If there are more than 11 wide receivers in the hall, he better be one of them

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

C. Everett Koop posted:

idk I think you could rebuild a lot of bridges if you let Steve either ether whomever he wanted in his presser and/or beat Delhomme with a trash can.

poo poo there's people where I don't want my name in their mouth unless I write it on a bullet and put it there, and I'd gladly shake their hands if I could beat Delhomme with a trash can.
Apparently they are friendly and still talk. The announcers were talking about it right before he got injured. That week Delhomme had called him to see if he was seriously going to retire.

He has to come back and retire as a Panther. There is no way it doesn't happen.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Steve smith is the man and I love him

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

Ribsauce posted:

Apparently they are friendly and still talk. The announcers were talking about it right before he got injured. That week Delhomme had called him to see if he was seriously going to retire.

He has to come back and retire as a Panther. There is no way it doesn't happen.

It might be apocryphal, but didn't Smitty say during the Arizona game "I like you as a person, but I hate you as a QB" or something to that effect?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

It might be apocryphal, but didn't Smitty say during the Arizona game "I like you as a person, but I hate you as a QB" or something to that effect?

That's pretty high praise coming from him, all things considered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I would like Steve Smith way more had he not been shunted off to the most Evil team in the league.

• Locked thread