Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

You truly are The Man, Matthew.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It was about time honestly.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

oh hell fukcing yes!!!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Thank you OP.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Matthewtheman is making a lets play of his FE8 reverse recruitment hack? Holy gently caress.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm gonna suck his dick.

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

This must be that bonzi buddy everyone's been talking about.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Happy Fun Gamer posted:

This must be that bonzi buddy everyone's been talking about.

gently caress you, tails butthole guy

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

Bolverkur posted:

gently caress you, tails butthole guy

I'm not that guy, but I've been told I'm as bad or possibly worse. Hope this clears things up.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Happy Fun Gamer posted:

I'm not that guy, but I've been told I'm as bad or possibly worse. Hope this clears things up.

i think you might actually be new so uh, dont be meek, or try to wear the things people make fun of you with, that makes it 10x worse. lurk more, you seem like an alright guy

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

Bobnumerotres posted:

i think you might actually be new so uh, dont be meek, or try to wear the things people make fun of you with, that makes it 10x worse. lurk more, you seem like an alright guy

Thank you.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
clear eyes, full heart, can't post

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dont make every thread about him, especially not this one -.-

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Dont make every thread about him, especially not this one -.-

just giving a newbie tips. let's get back to the ownage.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Matthew The loving Man FTMFW

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Thanks for all the compliments guys. I really appreciate it. Second part of the LP is now up, btw.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750074

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Matthewtheman posted:

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I really appreciate it. Second part of the LP is now up, btw.

I will click the link and have a look.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Matthewtheman posted:

Hell yes

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I bet the little bitch asses in Lets Play are wringing theyre hands and squirming and shooting diarrhea because some one finally had the nuts to post a truly awesome LP in their subforum.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

I bet the little bitch asses in Lets Play are wringing theyre hands and squirming and shooting diarrhea because some one finally had the nuts to post a truly awesome LP in their subforum.

yup. they hate fun

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Hell yea.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750074#post452384608 This guy is awesome.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

haha

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I am interested to view the hilarious overkill, as well. Greets.

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

I am interested to view the hilarious overkill, as well. Greets.

Hey, it won't all be hilarious overkill. Eventually we'll start getting enemies our former prepromotes can't one round. Now battles with Lyon on the other hand,, those will pretty much always be hilarious overkill, except a few bosses, which will be hilarious almost-kill instead.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
you've combined my two favourite things in gaming, recruitment hacks and Let's Plays.

Thank you Matthew. You truly are "the man".

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I can't get lua to read values in bizhawk so my fire emblem editing stuff just isnt working.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Captain gently caress Face posted:

you've combined my two favourite things in gaming, recruitment hacks and Let's Plays.

Thank you Matthew. You truly are "the man".

Its rare to see someone so skilled at hacking, and lets play, two drastically different mediums. Its like the ultimate combination of mathematics and artistic genius.

All hyperbole aside, I just think its really impressive what the OP has managed to put together for us. Im just happy to be a part of it. Thank you.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

hey guys I made a FE8 reverse reverse recruitment hack, finally there's a way to make all the characters show up in the order they're intended to

check it out

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nostradingus posted:

check it out

No dude you gotta LP that poo poo.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

hey guys I made a FE8 reverse reverse recruitment hack, finally there's a way to make all the characters show up in the order they're intended to

check it out

That's just a normal game you loving cretin. Get the gently caress out of this forum.

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Austrian mook posted:

Its rare to see someone so skilled at hacking, and lets play, two drastically different mediums. Its like the ultimate combination of mathematics and artistic genius.

All hyperbole aside, I just think its really impressive what the OP has managed to put together for us. Im just happy to be a part of it. Thank you.

I wouldn't call myself skilled at hacking. I'm actually pretty new to it, only getting into it around September. Reverse Recruitment hacks are actually rather simple. I didn't have to use any tools outside of Nightmare and FEditor, the two most basic(yet also most essential) tools for hacking GBA FEs. Not to mention I still have to solve the whole L'Arachel issue. But seriously, anyone with enough math skills and familiarity with Nightmare and FEditor could've made this hack. I just happened to be the one who bothered to. I'm also admittedly a novice at Let's Play, as this is literally my first one, though I have read/watched plenty of LPs.

But thanks again for all the complements guys. It makes me glad to know my work is appreciated.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
You're doing God's work Matthew.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

You're doing God's work Matthew.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

rediscover posted:

You're doing Yudu's work Matthew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU