Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kalli posted:

Oh, hello new thread.

Moving from the old one, The Titans have fired Ken Whisenhunt for the crime of sucking the most in the division of sucking.

Mike Mularkey named interim head coach.

:dance: :dance: :snoop: :parrot: :parrot: :worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I hope the only reason they didn't fire the GM was that they didn't have an obvious interim GM lined up like they did for head coach. Because again, their last several drafts have been pretty awful outside Mariota and the roster is kinda terrible.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

No Butt Stuff posted:

last thread: (Broncos wanted to give their first for Joe Thomas)

And the Browns wanted Shaq Barrett, who the Broncos weren't willing to part with in addition to the pick. Browns not understanding fire sale.

Take the extra first rounder. Johnny Football don't need no tackles.

That pick will be at best #30, it would be a bad return for Joe Thomas. He might have 5-6 Pro Bowl years left in him. Broncos are ridiculous to offer less than a first and a third.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

RG3 will be out of football in less than 6 months, if he isn't technically out already.

@AlbertBreer
The Redskins haven't received any trade interest in Robert Griffin III -- And that's going back to August, when he was benched. No calls.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I wish Horton got the interim hc job. He deserves a shot

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ozu posted:

RG3 will be out of football in less than 6 months, if he isn't technically out already.

@AlbertBreer
The Redskins haven't received any trade interest in Robert Griffin III -- And that's going back to August, when he was benched. No calls.

Eh - if you trade for him you're stuck with that rookie contract which is well above his market. I bet teams would sign him once cut but they're not interested in giving up anything to get the privilege to pick up his fifth-year option.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I could see someone picking up RGIII after he's cut, but trading for him would mean being on the hook for his extension, and having to give up something in return (so you don't have the option of cutting and re-signing him without potentially losing something for nothing).

edit: beaten.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also considering what Washington would likely get in compensation for him, and the pure malice they've shown the guy, it's also possible they're lying just to poo poo on him.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
There are about 20 teams that would sign RGIII the next day after he is cut.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
why would you want the worst defensive back on washington's roster

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
I woke up and Grigson still has a job.

Come on Colts.

Edit: Well I guess it is trade deadline day. Give him till 4 to trade for an entire new team that is decent, then fire him if he doesn't.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
RGIII gets cut
signed by 49ers
Cycle continues

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Athanatos posted:

I woke up and Grigson still has a job.

Come on Colts.

He's probably safe until the offseason, and Pagano's probably safe until after Sunday night.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Spoeank posted:

This is after he posted a story with this as the opening line:
"If ticket prices were cheap and the stadium was in Golden Gate Park instead of Santa Where-a, then, sure, we’d be more patient with Jim Tomsula."

Neo-Kezar Stadium has a capacity of 10,000 people, which is still about 90% higher than what the current team deserves.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Steelers left guard Ramon Foster called in to The Fan's morning show of his own volition to double down on his comments Sunday that Vontaze Burfict targeted Le'Veon Bell, saying essentially that Burfict ran away from the play celebrating what was an 8 yard gain on 1st down.

Like, what is there to celebrate giving up an 8 yard play on an early down, when everyone in the entire stadium knew immediately that Bell was injured and calling for a medic? He went on to threaten that the Steelers will be looking for Burfict when they play again in a few weeks.

When asked how that was any different than Mike Mitchell celebrating after knocking the wind out of receiver Marvin Jones, as well as telling AJ Green that he was next, Foster said that it's not any different, except Mitchell didn't end Jones' season
Ramon Foster: an idiot baby.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Flikken posted:

Because it isn't a fire sale?

Trade baiting your all-pro, multi-pro-bowl left tackle is pretty much a fire-sale.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh my god the 49ers story somehow gets funnier: Happy Birthday Colin Kaepernick :laffo:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I'm so happy for you, Metapod.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

oh my god the 49ers story somehow gets funnier: Happy Birthday Colin Kaepernick :laffo:

Now he can go out and party!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Sooooo.... can we bring back Whiz? Like, right now? Please?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

:unsmith: :respek: :unsmith:

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Reposting from dead thread:

Anals of History posted:

This is from a while back, but it's stuck in my head that this might be some of the saddest football ever witnessed, and that I'll be in town to check it out. Never actually been to an NFL game.

Lions fans: is it worth it to buy cheap tickets now, or should I try a scalper day-of? How easy is it to move up to empty seats? How much bourbon can I sneak in?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

RGIII gets cut
signed by 49ers
Cycle continues

The cycle isn't complete until Kap is starting for the Chiefs.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Apparently the Giants inquired about Weddle. He's going to ask (read: get) for a ton in the offseason isn't he?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Boosh! posted:

Apparently the Giants inquired about Weddle. He's going to ask (read: get) for a ton in the offseason isn't he?

He's a 31 year old safety with a groin injury.

I think he's gonna ask for more than he'll get

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Broncos negotiating through Schefter again.

@AdamSchefter
To be specific, Browns were asking two 1st-round picks for OT Joe Thomas. They won't get that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh okay, so Joe Thomas is basically not actually on the trading block then.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Is there a rule that a team can't repeat in a prime viewing timeslot because MNF, SNF, and AGotW look like poo poo this week and the Panthers - Packers game is the most important NFC matchup so far this year?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

ALERT: Andrew Luck is on the trading block. Colts looking for four 1st-round, three 2nd-round picks.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

Is there a rule that a team can't repeat in a prime viewing timeslot because MNF, SNF, and AGotW look like poo poo this week and the Panthers - Packers game is the most important NFC matchup so far this year?

Fox is probably protecting that game from being flexed

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

RGIII gets cut
signed by 49ers
Cycle continues
if you were trying to write a haiku you failed boy-o

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

ALERT: Andrew Luck is on the trading block. Colts looking for four 1st-round, three 2nd-round picks.

That would be pretty funny.

Quick to the Snydermobile!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

I would trade 3 1st's and a 2nd for him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

fsif posted:

I'd do it

Ozu posted:

Broncos negotiating through Schefter again.

@AdamSchefter
To be specific, Browns were asking two 1st-round picks for OT Joe Thomas. They won't get that.

The ideal team to get this kind of return from would be the Browns, too bad they're the ones doing the shopping

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@CLamontSmith
#NFL Pierre Thomas to the 49ers.

that's his agent

lol imagine being traded to the 49ers

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Has he even played this year?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Ehud posted:

@CLamontSmith
#NFL Pierre Thomas to the 49ers.

that's his agent

lol imagine being traded to the 49ers

He was a free agent

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

rebel1608 posted:

He was a free agent

lol imagine being signed by the 49ers

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Ehud posted:

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

If you were a random shmuck player, would you rather be on the Lions, 49ers or Titans for the rest of the season?

I think it's pretty clear you'd want to be a Titan.

• Locked thread