Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
oh sorry op I misread your first post here. I thought it said Depression ala glassware. Please disregard my last post and have a nice day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Boinks posted:

Sports cards, comic books, video games, horror VHS tapes, horror and kung fu DVDs, Blu Rays, coins, books, MAD magazines, autographs, records and CDs

I think that's it.

What kinds of coins?

The only comics I ever bought and read were the GI Joe ones in the early eighties. There was one that was crammed to the gills with Destro, Snake Eyes and ninjas and had no text. I really wish I still had it.

Found it: http://gijoe.wikia.com/wiki/Silent_Interlude

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

King of Bees posted:

What kinds of coins?

The only comics I ever bought and read were the GI Joe ones in the early eighties. There was one that was crammed to the gills with Destro, Snake Eyes and ninjas and had no text. I really wish I still had it.

Found it: http://gijoe.wikia.com/wiki/Silent_Interlude

A bunch of years ago I found my childhood coin collection books and brought them up to date. So 1940-present worthless stuff.

I have just about every Deadpool comic ever made and could totally cash in right now but then I wouldn't own them anymore. I have issues.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

King of Bees posted:

Why can't people just be like:
"Comic books op! I collect comic books and blah blah blah.". ???

I used to have a massive, complete collection of Marvel books from the late 70s to early 90s as well as DC books from 92-2001. I ended up selling them in 2003 because I was tired of loving carrying those boxes every time I moved.

I also had a pretty complete collection of Star Wars figures that I sold in 1994 for rent money.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Assuming direct control.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Bonzo posted:

I used to have a massive, complete collection of Marvel books from the late 70s to early 90s as well as DC books from 92-2001. I ended up selling them in 2003 because I was tired of loving carrying those boxes every time I moved.

I also had a pretty complete collection of Star Wars figures that I sold in 1994 for rent money.

How much did you get for your comic s and figures?

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
When I have my weekly 3way with the transistor sisters, we rotate the roles of base, emitter, and collector.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I collect baseball hats and ticket stubs from sporting events I have attended.

Pretty exciting.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'm what you call a "bug chaser"

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
geodes and physical recordings of ex-president speeches

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Cantaloupe posted:

I'm what you call a "bug chaser"

sup.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i collect coins. i have some from the founding of Canada, and all the old european coins before the euro, and weird arabic coins (i really want to get an ISIS coin :D). my oldest coin is from 1789 in the holy roman empire, i found it at a garage sale for $1

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
do you guys think I should order a package from ISIS?
http://isis-coins.com/buy.php

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Repo Man posted:

My brother collects guns, and his wife collects knives.

i guess if there's ever a domestic dispute your brother would win. unless he runs out of bullets then his wife would win

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

dad gay. so what posted:

i collected baseball cards and comic books when i was a kid but i sold it all to buy drugs, i have slowly rebuilt my baseball card collection now that i can afford things and they are worthless

How many drugs? Enough to start a collection?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

somuch_gravy posted:

geodes and physical recordings of ex-president speeches

Geodes are the best. I do have a good semi precious stone collection from stones I've found myself. Lots of tourmaline and quartz.

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine
My wife collects rocks and every dead thing she finds. My house if full of someone else's lovely collections.

I used to collect guns, but have shifted to instruments. I wish I had cheaper interests.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
Does collecting booze count? I mean I drink the booze too but I got like 120 bottles of booze

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

eSports Chaebol posted:

Does collecting booze count? I mean I drink the booze too but I got like 120 bottles of booze

do you have a crystal skull vodka?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

eSports Chaebol posted:

Yep. Lots of people do that. Any interesting finds, favorites?

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Tell me about depression era glassware

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Rutibex posted:

do you have a crystal skull vodka?

I have one of those, it's pretty cool.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Old race bikes :coal:

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Champenema posted:

When I have my weekly 3way with the transistor sisters, we rotate the roles of base, emitter, and collector.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Don Tacorleone posted:

Assuming control lol

I came to post this

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I converted my collection into digital form so that I don't care about it or me it anything at all any more and just stare into space in a stupor until my dick leaks one of two fluids and then I go blurblubuvluvb and my eyes blink a little and I clean up with paper towels and have a lemon candy and slowly drift back into the zone.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
My complete set of unopened 199X Upper Deck baseball cards that my dad got for me one Christmas is now worth 22 dollars.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Sheep-Goats posted:

My complete set of unopened 199X Upper Deck baseball cards that my dad got for me one Christmas is now worth 22 dollars.

Are you sure that's not the combined worth of every 1999X Upper Deck series released in that decade? :smith:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
dollars, mostly

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
WW2 rifles. Except the loving Garand is so expensive.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sheep-Goats posted:

this is about the same value as a complete Garbage Pail Kids set

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Dave_Indeed posted:

Do you shoot them? Can they still be shot?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
opened of course, if its still in the wrapper it is worth much more than that

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

Are you sure that's not the combined worth of every 1999X Upper Deck series released in that decade? :smith:

No

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

jet sanchEz posted:

Old race bikes :coal:

You didn't spoil them by making them fixties. Thank you good sir. Hills do exist.

Btw I collect people. Thank you for adding yourself to the wishlist.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

Do you shoot them? Can they still be shot?

Yep. The Mosin Nagant can be had for around 100 bucks and it's fun as hell to shoot.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Taxidermy.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Dave_Indeed posted:

Grandpa had a Henry rifle with documentation of every sale going back to Sitting Bull (I think it was Sitting Bull, it may have been another really famous chief), who was the original owner, which a museum made an offer on after he died but which a private collector paid a lot more for. He had a bunch of other nice old west weapons, some with ammo, but that was the crown jewel as far as I'm concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i got a nazi coin out of a supermarket self checkout a few years back, still got it too

• Locked thread