Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

How do cap hits work for RFAs? If someone offers Harrison Barnes a huge deal early, can it gently caress over the warriors attempt at Durant?

e: I'm specifically curious about any cap holds that would occur between Harrison Barnes getting the offer and it being rejected or matched by the warriors.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe whatever offer Barnes signs is held against their cap for the three day period or can be released if they fill out some official paperwork that says they don't want him and release their right of first refusal.

So, no, I don't believe anyone can gently caress over the Warriors in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick posted:

Lmao

This is great.

My second favorite part is how you can tell it took forever to get a usable take by the way Booker looks right into the camera with a hopeful grin on his face at the end.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Paul Zuvella posted:

How do cap hits work for RFAs? If someone offers Harrison Barnes a huge deal early, can it gently caress over the warriors attempt at Durant?

e: I'm specifically curious about any cap holds that would occur between Harrison Barnes getting the offer and it being rejected or matched by the warriors.

It gets a bit complicated but the short answer is that when a team signs a player to an offer sheet, they have to maintain that exact amount below the cap until the offer sheet is matched or expires.

Also, the matching team has to match (ending the hold), decline to match, or maintain the ability to match for 72 hours (either through room or exemptions) until they decide to match. This can be somewhat complicated for over the cap teams, since there are players that teams won't have full Bird rights for, for whatever reason, although the Gilbert Arenas rule helps with this somewhat.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Caron Butler wants to come back again for some reason. I know he probably still wants a paycheck but this summer I'm sure some contending team would have been content paying him the same amount to sit on their bench
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/745275414378078209

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Sobering thought, a mobile game company sold for almost 3 times what the Knicks are worth

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Windhorst saying Sixers have told Simmons they are taking him. Will they have anyone that can shoot?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I've never followed an NBA draft particularly closely, how much trade activity is there on draft day? Say, compared to the NFL?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

leftist heap posted:

I've never followed an NBA draft particularly closely, how much trade activity is there on draft day? Say, compared to the NFL?

A few trades, maybe five or six. This year should be more active than usual though.

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/DwyaneWade/status/745291960722792448

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

Windhorst saying Sixers have told Simmons they are taking him. Will they have anyone that can shoot?

Covington Canaan and Thompson are all above average from 3.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Rick posted:

It gets a bit complicated but the short answer is that when a team signs a player to an offer sheet, they have to maintain that exact amount below the cap until the offer sheet is matched or expires.

Also, the matching team has to match (ending the hold), decline to match, or maintain the ability to match for 72 hours (either through room or exemptions) until they decide to match. This can be somewhat complicated for over the cap teams, since there are players that teams won't have full Bird rights for, for whatever reason, although the Gilbert Arenas rule helps with this somewhat.

This all looks right to me.

Additionally to answer Paul Zuvella's question, I believe that the cap hold for a RFA stays the same during the 3 day waiting period. So if someone signs Barnes to a $20m a year offer sheet, the cap hold for the Warriors stays at $9.6m during that time. So someone can gently caress over the Warriors in terms of forcing them to move quickly, but it wont immediately kill their cap space or anything.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I was on probation for the game so I am way late but I think this will be okay for all time:

lmao get hosed warriors king james made you his bitch. lebron shoulda got up there and said "hope the locker room still smells like champagne next season. WHO DA BITCH NOW??"

dunking on draymond at the end would have been the perfect ending, so the game gets a 10/10 up to that point, and a 9.999999/10 because lebron missed that dunk.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Kevin Love still has not lost a playoff series.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Stolen from reddit, but Delly celebrated thie win at Ceder Point by himself.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Did anyone watch ESPN's coverage of the Cavs coming home yesterday? It was the only channel it was on, else I would have watched it elsewhere because the anchors would not shut the gently caress up. It was goddamn infuriating.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

TBeats posted:

Did anyone watch ESPN's coverage of the Cavs coming home yesterday? It was the only channel it was on, else I would have watched it elsewhere because the anchors would not shut the gently caress up. It was goddamn infuriating.

So business as usual on ESPN, then.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
:frogsiren: Embiid is cleared to do 5 v 5 scrimmages :frogsiren: THIS IS NOT A DRILL

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
BREAKING NEWS: Joel Embiid sprains ankle, day to day.

For all eternity.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is my time .

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

This is my time .

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The minute he steps on the actual court he will explode like an IED.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'm so horny

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Metapod posted:

:frogsiren: Embiid is cleared to do 5 v 5 scrimmages :frogsiren: THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Hey Embid we have this special jersey we want you to wear for all practices

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

TBeats posted:

they were pretty clearly having some trouble passing it back and forth between local coverage and the people in the studio. At one point I heard a woman say something to the effect of "Does anyone know what's happening? what are we doing?" then several seconds of dead air and three or four people started talking and cut off consecutively

first fracturing blue ice balls in the gatorade bit now deep black balls what's goin on with wade's nonstandard balls this media season

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Lockback posted:

Cedar Point is cool, I'd go there also.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lockback posted:

Best choice honestly. Cedar Point is pretty much the only good thing about the state of Ohio.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/745222856221528064?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

ABC just had a Muppets show last year smh

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Retired players contracts don't go against the cap and teams can pay the deal if a player retires right? If so, why don't the Mavs just give Dirk a cheaper deal for two years with a 3rd and 4th at max?

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

"SSSSSSSSSSMOCKIN'!"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

Caron Butler wants to come back again for some reason. I know he probably still wants a paycheck but this summer I'm sure some contending team would have been content paying him the same amount to sit on their bench
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/745275414378078209

What the drat hell

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I've officially forgiven D'Angelo for snitchin

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lockback posted:

Ahahahaa look at how happy this man is

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

Ahahahaa look at how happy this man is

Yeah but he's happy in a dirty manner.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Embiid yessssss I believe. LeBron has shown me anything is possible. He has risen

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I hope Embiid wins roty.

edit: Pick up Embiid in your fantasy keeper leagues today.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 21, 2016

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Spacebump posted:

I hope Embiid wins roty.

edit: Pick up Embiid in your fantasy keeper leagues today.

I hope he doesn't play and somehow or another we get a 31 year old ROTY one day.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Aaron Afflalo is opting out and becoming a free agent.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

Aaron Afflalo is opting out and becoming a free agent.

He sucks now, right? I watched maybe two Knicks games last year

https://twitter.com/NickSwagyPYoung/status/745315773871095809

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He sucks, but the number of 3+D wings after the triple B's (Barnes, Bazemore, Batum) are gone, it's slim pickings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Tae posted:

He sucks, but the number of 3+D wings after the triple B's (Barnes, Bazemore, Batum) are gone, it's slim pickings.

I'm expecting Courtney Lee to get like $17M

• Locked thread