Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

the only ingredients in your peanut butter should be peanuts and salt do you wanna give yourself diabetes?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

logical phalluses posted:

post pbj recipes.

me i go for some multigrain bread made with nuts and seeds, the JIF that's made with real sugar, and a nice blackberry, red raspberry, or boysenberry seeded jam. eaten with a glass of milk of course.

tell me about your favorite pbj

Best is PBBB
Peanut Butter Bacon and Banana.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

multigrain bread with skippy PB and jam, each side fried with some butter in a griddle real hot so the bread gets a little crisp but the peanut butter doesn't melt too much, put together and served with sliced burgundy plums

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

genesplicer posted:

I tend to make them by putting peanut butter on both pieces of bread. Then I put the jelly in between. The reason for this is the fact that I eat the sandwich for lunch, several hours later. If you put jelly directly on the bread, it tends to leak through the bread. The peanut butter acts as an insulator.

hmm I'll have to try that

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
If you aren't pan frying your pbj then what's the point of this?

Is this life

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Smash it Smash hit posted:

If you aren't pan frying your pbj then what's the point of this?

Is this life
exactly :hf:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
When I was extra depressed and extra poor last year I estimated I ate about 300 pbjs (in like 4 months)

They gonna give me a Michelin star

Anywwyz you load up tons of peanut butter. Jif smooth or Skippy crunchy. Blueberry preserves. Multigrain bread. Tall glass chocolate milk

If the amount of peanut butter doesn't make people disgusted it isn't enough

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
PEANUTBITTER JELLY TIME.

Eat that poo poo with some whole milk, because there's not enough fat in the peanut butter.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

When I was extra depressed and extra poor last year I estimated I ate about 300 pbjs (in like 4 months)

They gonna give me a Michelin star

Anywwyz you load up tons of peanut butter. Jif smooth or Skippy crunchy. Blueberry preserves. Multigrain bread. Tall glass chocolate milk

If the amount of peanut butter doesn't make people disgusted it isn't enough

When I was extra poor I ate a PB&J Big Mac every day for lunch, which was bread, peanut butter, jelly, bread, jelly, peanut butter and bread.

Nowadays I can only stomach then when I've got a wild craving for them, since I burned out the PB&J receptors in my brain. Same thing with Steak-umms.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
steak-ums are loving expensive

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

City of Tampa posted:

steak-ums are loving expensive

Yeah, I just ate a boatload of them when I discovered them. Do they even make them anymore? A few months ago I got a craving and spent like 20 minutes in the freezer section at Kroger, but was too embarrassed to ask an employee where the Steak-umms were. I wound up getting thinly shaved steak from the butcher, and it was loads better than the Steak-umms were.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

criscodisco posted:

Yeah, I just ate a boatload of them when I discovered them. Do they even make them anymore? A few months ago I got a craving and spent like 20 minutes in the freezer section at Kroger, but was too embarrassed to ask an employee where the Steak-umms were. I wound up getting thinly shaved steak from the butcher, and it was loads better than the Steak-umms were.

Yeah, steakums are gross. If you have a good knife, you can freeze meat and shave it yourself and get it almost as thin as the butcher.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Throw a tortilla chip or three on your pbj.

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
I like peanut butter on my women OP.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
My mom made me a pbj but left the crust on so i threw it away

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

criscodisco posted:

i liked the way my mom made them when I was a kid, so I got a box of them and it was like $10. I was shocked that they were surprisingly good tho, but somehow more expensive than getting twice as much of whatever steak is on sale and freezing/shaving it

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

exquisite tea posted:

multigrain
banana
all natty pb
no jelly

Mine is similar, but I put jelly on one side and put the banana on top of it, and peanut butter on the other side and put a layer of fancy mixed nuts on the pb before putting the two sides together. Serve with whole milk greek yogurt.

quote:

protip, slice the banana vertically along the length of the peel and just stick that on top of the peanut butter. don't waste your time slicing little banana medallions.

:monocle:

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

daves killer white bread, adams 100% peanut butter (chunky pref), marion berry or blackberry jam

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

Trojan.exe posted:

Lingonberry jam, hazelnut butter, and dark rye bread

Black bread, Adams chunky peanut butter, and lingonberry jam.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm a simple man.

Wheat bread, untoasted, jif creamy and strawberry jam.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh you guys made me break my fast. Couldn't stop thinking about a peanut butter sandwich. Did some pb on an open faced English muffin with honey and cinnamon and a glass of moo. :chef:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Whole grain english muffin, some adams crunchy and either honey or jam depending on mood on each half, eat open faced with a glass of whole milk.

I find non nat pb to be too sweet now after i've gotten used to adams, and if you get the big jar its not that much more expensive.

• Locked thread