Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

:synpa:

I've got like 2 pair of boatshoes my dad gave me but they all have a broken lace... where can one find a strong high quality leather tie to replace the lace? how does one go about doing so?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

yeah here at the beach we dont wear shoes unless we absolutely have to. and i dont think id wear boat shoes to court

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Wendigee posted:

I've got like 2 pair of boatshoes my dad gave me but they all have a broken lace... where can one find a strong high quality leather tie to replace the lace? how does one go about doing so?!

re lacing them is pretty difficult. you gotta use wire (like a strong paper clip unfolded) to guide the lace thru all the holes it is a major pain in the rear end. im sure you could buy replacement laces from sperry though

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Wendigee posted:

they seem to be made with the skin of the tender baby lamb so its extra soft inside for your sockless foot?

i think it is deer skin or some poo poo but yeah whatever it is it fuckin owns and is baby soft on my baby feets

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

thathonkey posted:

re lacing them is pretty difficult. you gotta use wire (like a strong paper clip unfolded) to guide the lace thru all the holes it is a major pain in the rear end. im sure you could buy replacement laces from sperry though

I don't think they are sperry... I might just go to a cobbler and have him do it. It would probably only be like 15-20 bucks and I wouldn't have to gently caress with it.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

my dog specifically eats the laces

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Wendigee posted:

I don't think they are sperry... I might just go to a cobbler and have him do it. It would probably only be like 15-20 bucks and I wouldn't have to gently caress with it.

yeah just do that. you could probably use laces from whomever though.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Got my boat shoes on now. I've bought the same billfish 3 eye sperrys over and over again for the past 10 years.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
my man. bilfish 3 hole is loving iconic :worship:

nightonthesun
Apr 23, 2002
I am wearing my Timberland boat shoes, right now, at work. They're pretty durable, but not as comfy as my Sperry's. Also, socks are fine. :colbert: I get blisters on the backs of my heels even with no show socks. Mocs are soft enough for that though. I got some 'tonks from Amazon Warehouse Deals recently for $25. :rms:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

These worth re-threading or should I get a new pair... they look okay to me and fit well which is an anomaly because I got wide feet but I saw Sperry's come in triple e.

They look okay to me and are comfy without socks..

http://m.imgur.com/Rxk3Wok

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Sorry, OP, but I wear a pair of Keens instead because I'm a loving hippie.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Nocheez posted:

Sorry, OP, but I wear a pair of Keens instead because I'm a loving hippie.

I hate keens.... they don't sell them for my square foot so they don't fit well!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Wendigee posted:

im currently engineering a pair of amphibious boat/skateboard shoes that do BOTH better than any shoe on the market does EITHER for only 400 dollars on kickstart you will get a pair (unless i get tired of trying to tlak to these chinamen on the phone about prices and just steal the moneys)

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

what's the term for a male basic bitch? cause it's all of you

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i'm wearing flip flops

and jeans

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Do boat shoes allow your feet to float and this walk on top of water?

Jk I used to work at a retail place that sold Sperrys and I have sold hundreds of them to crappy white dudes.
I bet most of them have at least one pair of salmon colored shorts

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

are my boat shoes okay and ready for relacing or do i need a new pair?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Varg posted:

what's the term for a male basic bitch? cause it's all of you

:lol: at you for being so goddamn stupid and a style less gently caress to boot hahaha everyone mock this person

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Wendigee posted:

are my boat shoes okay and ready for relacing or do i need a new pair?

those look pretty high quality if you can get them relaced for $20 or less that's worth it

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i have some timberland boat shoes i wear with my american apparel striped v-neck and volcom shorts

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i'm wearing my toilet shoes today

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

thathonkey posted:

:lol: at you for being so goddamn stupid and a style less gently caress to boot hahaha everyone mock this person

hahah I bet you pop your collar too you fuckin basic biiiiiiitch

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i had to scrape the barnacles off my boat shoes today, talk about a hassle. nearly keelhauled myself

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I have a pair of sebago vernons that are like the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned

almost entirely mesh so you can feel the wind on your toes. foot liberating, orgasmic boat shoes imo

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 5, 2016

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

thathonkey posted:

those look pretty high quality if you can get them relaced for $20 or less that's worth it

yeah they are nice ill check with local cobbler next to the haircut pole he will unironically for less than twenty and the replacement lace will last through the soles.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I want to get some boat shoes, or even some driving mocs...but I do not understand HOW THEY WORK.

I try them on in the stores, and either they're tight on my toes, or my heel just slips right out of them. 100% serious - how are they supposed to stay on your feet? The physics do not make sense to me. I assume they shouldn't be slapping about like chunky flip-flops. For that matter, I don't understand chelsea boots (although they look AMAZING) either, my heel slides up and down all over the place in them.

You just need laces and high eyelets so you can STRAP the sole to your foot. That's how shoes work!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Anthrovore posted:

I have a pair of sebago vernons that are like the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned

almost entirely mesh so you can feel the wind on your toes

these look real comfy too, but... that a lot of laces i would call this a skater boi shoe.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Parallax Scroll posted:

i'm wearing my toilet shoes today

all i hear is this constant flushing sound as you pass by

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just wear sandals and if it's cold I wear them with socks. gently caress the haters.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
I use an old pair as outdoor slippers, great for when I go to play sports, i can slip them on and change into cleats when i get to the field. They do look a bit silly with mesh shorts though

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

spud posted:

I just wear sandals and if it's cold I wear them with socks. gently caress the haters.

ok boat shoes with socks i can live with especially because you can hide them but what is the point of wearing flip flops when it's cold enough to need socks just wear a loving shoe. it looks terrible. it feels terrible. it is terrible and it makes you terrible by extension.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
bump, about to put my VANS boat shoes on. no sperrys today

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
im a male basic bitch and im proud

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Rocking the sperrys all day erry day dude. Also have a pair of vans boat shoes for like if I gotta go do something that might get my shoes all dirty and poo poo

Boat shoes are def my jam :c00l:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
But for real, socks with boat shoes lmao just just lmao

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
i left my sperrys on the boat and they dont look as clean as these but

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003

whoflungpoop posted:

i left my sperrys on the boat and they dont look as clean as these but

you probably wear a sport jacket and ray bans with them too.

ugh. you fuckers are all the same.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

is there such a thing as ship shoes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

PromethiumX posted:

you probably wear a sport jacket and ray bans with them too.

ugh. you fuckers are all the same.

Have oversized vintage tees and new balances come back around to being cool again?

• Locked thread