Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

how is it that we survived for thousands of years just drinking up dank as poo poo river water from wherever but now we can't barely look at it without making GBS threads out our guts

Because we live in a super clean society and we know to avoid dirty water, rotten food and wash our hands all the time. So our immune systems are weak. Try visiting India for a couple weeks and you will be incredibly sick if you drink the water, eat street food or even take a shower. But the locals do fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

i would be willing to bet that it was common knowledge back then to not drink still or slow moving water

Also most people drank beer or tea, both of which are boiled, or else from wells

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
we eat a bunch of processed bullshit now as well so our digestive systems can't handle things like they used to. or so i've heard.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

my cat had giardia when i got him from the shelter. maybe you two should chat about it sometime, op

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I like to keep my immune system strong by eating dead pigeons and drinking pond water, seems to work pretty well so far

The Bible
May 8, 2010

In college I did web server support overnight. There was a Whataburger across the street and one night I got the chicken strips.

I was ripping long, rancid, burning hot, silent farts all night long. I mean 10+ seconds per release. I was the only one there.

Near the end of my shift, the sales team, who occupied the other half of our office, arrived, and one of the women noted that the office had a pleasant smell of onions.

I laughed my rear end off on the way home.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
How long has it been since the RSF (taeek a hike) got R'ed on?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dave_Indeed posted:

I farted on the couch the other day and it smelled terrible. I kept working on my engineer work for another 30 mintues or so before I got up to go take a piss and my rear end felt like it was covered in astro glide.

So it turns out I poo poo my pants and didn't even know it for half an hour.

Getting old sucks dick.

Ain't just olds man, I had that happen the week before I started 6th grade.

I took a pee and felt a little fart squeak out. Half hour later I smelled something nasty and when I stood up my rear end felt wet. I'd squeezed out a dark, plasticy turd and a whole buncha fluid. I panicked and hid my underwear in the trash and spilled something on my shorts to make the stain plausible in my panicked 6th grader mind.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I had diarrhoea for 30 days once. That was lovely. But I enjoyed the saline drip. That was invigorating.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I like to keep my immune system strong by eating dead pigeons and drinking pond water, seems to work pretty well so far

How powerful are your farts? I've been eating dead rats and drinking mountain dew, but I'm not sure I'm getting any stronger, so I'm thinking about a multivitamin.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Beaver fever is the best nickname for any disease.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Dave_Indeed posted:

I farted on the couch the other day and it smelled terrible. I kept working on my engineer work for another 30 mintues or so before I got up to go take a piss and my rear end felt like it was covered in astro glide.

So it turns out I poo poo my pants and didn't even know it for half an hour.

Getting old sucks dick.

Whelp this thread is a 5!!

Anyways my last worst shits were just some form of stomach flu where i was sploding out my rear end in a top hat with a whole lot of force, had some serious vector on my bung blasts.
Sometimes our bungers betray us...

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

quote:

Giardia is a microscopic parasite that causes the diarrheal illness known as giardiasis. Giardia (also known as Giardia intestinalis, Giardia lamblia, or Giardia duodenalis) is found on surfaces or in soil, food, or water that has been contaminated with feces (poop) from infected humans or animals.

you nasty

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

feces (poop)

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
you can also get it from brushing your teeth with mexican tap water its fine after the cramps

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

when i was kid my daddo would say don't drink the crick water son u'll get the beaver fever but i did it anyone way and still love dick sorry daddo double sorry

naem
May 29, 2011

Pawn 17 posted:

Because we live in a super clean society and we know to avoid dirty water, rotten food and wash our hands all the time. So our immune systems are weak. Try visiting India for a couple weeks and you will be incredibly sick if you drink the water, eat street food or even take a shower. But the locals do fine.

People also used to just DIE like, a LOT lol

You'd have 14 kids and 8 would make it to early adulthood and 4 would have kids of their own, everyone else caught the vapors or buttweasels or got drafted into lord fartington's army to go attack all the slightly different people across the river, or got impaled on some horrifying farmyard contraption and stumbled around missing teeth and limbs

Everyone just shrugged and tossed you in the corpse pile

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

like when i'm in colorado and the creek is moving fast and icey cold from glacial/snow melt is it really not safe to drink because i always thought it was slow moving and or tepid water that caused butt issues?!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I also had no Idea that my rum habit was infested with some sort of poo parasite!

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
they need to invent smellovision i dont disbelieve you op i just like to judge for myslef

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

my uncle danham took 3 giardia last xmas and hsi boner never stopped until his heart did

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

social vegan posted:

my uncle danham took 3 giardia last xmas and hsi boner never stopped until his heart did
giardia?? I thought it was called Celiac

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
whenever i get diarrhoea i feel really cleansed and refreshed. its like natures enema

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

RaceBannon posted:

whenever i get diarrhoea i feel really cleansed and refreshed. its like natures enema
I've had diarrhea for like a week and it doesn't feel that cleansing having a bunch of mucus and glop spurting out of my butthole

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

I've had diarrhea for like a week and it doesn't feel that cleansing having a bunch of mucus and glop spurting out of my butthole

better out than in

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I've had plenty of giardiniera in the past and I never got sick :confused:

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
i started adding a fresh seranno pepper to my eggs every morning about a month ago but apparently it took until today for my guts to rebel. i spent the day feeling the fiery eggs ever so slowly squeezing their way into my large intestine, bit by bit, like a reverse magma enema worming its way towards my rear end in a top hat. then each of the ten times i poo poo out some of that satanic rear end river it felt like my sphincter was grinding itself deep into a plate of molten glass shards.
the agony finally stopped around 4pm so I celebrated with a burger topped with bacon, egg, whole grain mustard and a serrano pepper. i am not a clever man.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

i started adding a fresh seranno pepper to my eggs every morning about a month ago but apparently it took until today for my guts to rebel. i spent the day feeling the fiery eggs ever so slowly squeezing their way into my large intestine, bit by bit, like a reverse magma enema worming its way towards my rear end in a top hat. then each of the ten times i poo poo out some of that satanic rear end river it felt like my sphincter was grinding itself deep into a plate of molten glass shards.
the agony finally stopped around 4pm so I celebrated with a burger topped with bacon, egg, whole grain mustard and a serrano pepper. i am not a clever man.

your username/av combo loving owns

i may have said this before...

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Zippy the Bummer posted:

your username/av combo loving owns

i may have said this before...

thanks, some awesomely talented goon made the av for me

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

RaceBannon posted:

I had diarrhoea for 30 days once. That was lovely. But I enjoyed the saline drip. That was invigorating.

Same. My doctor wouldn't do anything because it Wasn't Bacterial. It took me about a month to go to another doctor who also didn't do anything but at least gave me a saline drip (after passing out at work (a kindergarten (on parents visiting day))).

So I'm still a carrier???

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

When a river gets in u, it needs to get out

-First Nations proverb 3:16

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I used to drink streams all the time as a kid because what else is there to do in the suburbs besides ride bikes and piss in each others mouths?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Why can't poo poo like this and mosquitoes become endangered instead of beautiful mammals ??

gently caress invertebrates, parasites and anything without warm blood to HELL !!

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it's better to have an empty house than a bad tenant

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Don't waste this opportunity for some exception solo dutch oven action. Go find a nice heavy quilt and cover yourself with it. Enjoy your odors.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Do you still have beaver fever op?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

we eat a bunch of processed bullshit now as well so our digestive systems can't handle things like they used to. or so i've heard.

or so midwestern facebook moms would have you believe

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

this is it, the ultimate post and username combo

shut the forums down

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
the beaver fever i have in mind leaves a good taste in my mouth

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
sorry to hear about that OP hope you get well soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

I would highly recommend not getting creek water into your mouth while swimming. Other than nuclear green runs your farts will smell like rotting corpses and rotten eggs. May god have mercy on the soul of the next person who walks into my office unannounced.

Giardia you say? In a creek?

• Locked thread